• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Humans need to be default 9-C durability

Status
Not open for further replies.
There are plenty of people who survive attacks from Grizzly bears (9-C) animal. Certain humans like Francis Nganou, Mike Tyson, Eddie Hall are capable of punching with 9-C energy and plenty of people are capable of taking attacks from them. You won't find a story of anybody getting one shot by a Grizzly unless it was a bite to the head and even then people have survived those. People literally take multiple attacks from Grizzly bears, bites, swipes, while still being alive. This is 9-C. If we used anime logic here humans would be 9-C without question. If you bring up a human one shotting another human that just means that person is 9-C. Plus it was a head hit im guessing. Humans have also survived being hit by cars at decent speeds. Also plenty of people survive crocodile bites which have the strongest bite force. Some people get even bit in the head. I'm sorry but humans need to be 9-C durability wise. I'm not gunna link grizzly bear attack victims you can search that on your own. But we are downplayed too much. Tyson Fury took multiple attacks from Francis Nganou.

So yea I'm 9-C even though I'm 5"3

what are you boys doing with your new Tier 9 Durability when this gets accepted?

Wouldn't this lowkey need to be a staff thread if you're being fr since it would be changing the tiering and potency systems a lot? Since it basically makes two or three tiers nonexistent.

Tho I doubt this needs a staff discussion, people don't just turn into red mist if they get hit slightly above their tier, human bodies are built to endure a bit of punishment as long as no vital organs or weak spots are taken out. That doesn't mean we scale to a bear swipe or getting hit by a car not unaliving us in one shot.

Durability isn't based on just surviving something, it's based on taking something's full force with little to no damage done.

Not to mention if you calc the force of a bear swipe or the force a car moving at 40 MPH vs the force some average mf can produce with a punch, you're definitely not getting anywhere near the same amount of force💀

Where you get hit does determine what can kill you. “i though it was only based on the durability of skin, bones, and muscle?”

I don’t know what you mean by this. So I will say it relies on hundreds of different factors on to whether something kills you or not. Where you are hit being one of them. None of that determines your durability, we have scientific numbers that say otherwise.

what are you boys doing with your new Tier 9 Durability when this gets accepted?

wouldn't this lowkey need to be a staff thread if you're being fr since it would be changing the tiering and potency systems a lot? basically making three tiers nonexistent.

tho I doubt this needs it, people don't just turn into red mist if they get hit slightly above their tier, human bodies are built to endure a bit of punishment as long as no vital organs or weak spots are taken out. That doesn't mean we scale to a bear swipe or getting hit by a car not unaliving us in one shot.
You should or downgrade anime characters that get sliced open and scale to an ap feat
durability isn't based on just surviving something, it's based on taking something's full force with little to no damage done.
That's only what insane durability is in comparison to something.
not to mention if you calc the force of a bear swipe or the force a car moving at 40 MPH vs the force some average mf can produce with a punch, you're definitely not getting anywhere near the same amount of force💀
No I said only durability and it would be lowest ends of 9-C

Human 9-C ap isn’t actually all that low in that tier. It starts at 300 joules and humans can get to 1600 joules which is higher than many pistols. Obviously that makes no sense for durability at all. Normal humans can break the toughest of other human’s bones, which won’t be possibly if the bare minimum of human durability was 9-C.

Heck shattering a skull and obliterating someone’s head is 3000 joules. The strongest punch is around only 2 times less than that. Also it’s late for me too, have a great nights rest.

You should or downgrade anime characters that get sliced open and scale to an ap feat
not my problem verses 🗿
That's only what insane durability is in comparison to something.
"Durability is the property which guarantees the ability to withstand a certain amount of force."

You aren't withstanding force if it's hurting you.

you're talking about endurance which is sustaining damage and isn't a thing about tiering, just stamina.

No I said only durability and it would be lowest ends of 9-C
why would every human have durability 4x greater than they can punch? when their own punches can hurt them?

Last edited:
I am a firm believer that tiering real world stuff under our limited tiering system is just doomed for inconsistences and failure.

Humans can survive some insane stuff but also get killed by really small stuff. People have survived falls from airplanes without parachutes, while others have died from falling in the bathtab. Stuff like which part of your body got hit and how much of the energy was actually transferred to you matter a lot more than just raw durability

Last edited:
I am firm believer that tiering real world stuff under our limited tiering system is just doomed for inconsistences and failure.

Humans can survive some insane stuff but also get killed by really small stuff. Peiple have survived falls from airplanes without parachutes, while others have died from falling in the bathtab. Stuff like which part of your body got hit and how much of the energy was actually transferred to you matter a lot more than just raw durability
I definitely feel that with real animals a ton, I wish this site didn’t try to crowbar them into our system as hard as it currently does (like big cats being thousands of joules into 9-C with durability despite an elderly man killing one by yanking its tongue out, or cows scaling to their ap despite a tiny goat absolutely flooring one).

why would every human have durability 4x greater than they can punch? when there own punched can hurt them?
Bro discovered the "if you punch yourself and it hurts are you weak or are you strong?" question.
without parachutes, while others have died from falling in the bathtab.
Jamie, pull up those statistics of how many australians died from falling out of their bed.

huh
they get 9-C because we can sometimes survive bear attacks and car crashes?
do you know what durability is? getting fu cking mauled by something and surviving ain't durability. that's endurance, man.

there's also the fact that, yknow, there's different types of car crashes and what not
someone simply bumped into the back of our car real fast once and all three of us felt it and our backs hurt a little from it, but the car was fine and we were practically fine besides the minor back pain
that shit is not the same from a stupid dude trying to film himself nearly getting hit by cars then jumping away at the last second and then getting his whole lower half blasted beyond oblivion the next time he tried that shit

huh
they get 9-C because we can sometimes survive bear attacks and car crashes?
do you know what durability is? getting fu cking mauled by something and surviving ain't durability. that's endurance, man.
come to think of it this may not even be endurance either, if you get hit by a car and are in a coma you did not endure it at all, you literally only survived it, is all

While this does kind of exist as an issue (more for reasons not in the OP, like KE and PE for casual human motions being 9-C), "Give humans 9-C durability" is one of the worse ways to accommodate it. Really, it's a function of how our punches don't exactly match up with the amount of energy our entire bodies can take, but that issue is present for all humanoid characters in fiction. The more logical solutions would either be redefining these lower tiers (although, they weren't made this way in the first place since people didn't want guns to be human level), or to separate AP ratings from Durability ratings (which would be a massive pain in the ass to implement).

And so, we keep the status quo.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back