• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Let's see

Does TGOALID work? If so, Ainz probably takes this as I'm doubting Zeref can insta-death him.

Not voting yet.

Zeref can just walk up to him and one shot him in thenTime it takes for that to be used

He probably leads with Grasp Heart, which likely fails and stubs at best. After that, he'd just teleport away and keep his distance while he casts it.

How can Zeref kill him? Can it get past resurrection?

His distance isn't going to mean much when Zeref can literally just run up to him and one shot him

And his ressurection is only once, so he punches again

Zeref isn't one to lead with melee, and Ainz teleporting around could make it difficult to find him.

Let's see,

TGOALID is the only way his death magic is doing any more than stunning Zeref, but Grasp Heart will stun Zeref. Time Stop is also going to fail here, likely on both sides.

Wish Upon a Star could work but with how little info we have, we can dismiss it as a non-factor here.

Does Zeref have any way to survive Despair Aura? He doesn't have resistance to madness and fear, but he can resist emphatic manip, so I think Zeref will be hit by Aura of Despair.

With Aura of Despair and Status Effect Inducement, Ainz could pull this out.

Speed Equalized makes this a stomp. Without it, possibly not.

I may be wrong but I believe some level of it is on quite often, although it's hard to tell since he's either trying to be neutral to everyone around him or they are scared shitless anyways. But he doesn't keep it on IV regularly, although it would be possible for him to activate it against Zeref since he has no reason to believe it wouldn't work on him.

Overall, I doubt this is a stomp (If we unequalize speed).

Ainz will lead with Grasp Heart and stun Zeref. The fact that Zeref is alive will scare him, so he'll teleport away and resort to bigger guns. With some possible information analysis, he'd likely end up using TGOALID, other status inflictions, Aura of Despair, etc.

Meanwhile, Zeref probably isn't killing him with just about any of his magic besides his fists. Ainz has resistance to magic as a whole, considerably high resistance, and both death and time won't even scratch him.

While Zeref can pull this out if Ainz fumbles, granted we unequalize speed, I think Ainz takes this with Aura, Grasp Heart stunning, and TGOALID.

I'm pretty sure it would still be a stomp. All Ainz has to do is activate the aura to win and that just takes a thought, while on the other hand Zeref has to actually oneshot Ainz to win. Unless Ainz doesn't use his aura which is unlikely from what I hear about him.

So Ainz teleports after GH fails and Zeref just follows with his own. Ainz's win con is TGoALiD while Zeref needs to tag with literally anything other than death magic which he won't bother with when he sees an undead skeleton.

Zeref throws any of fire, lightning, magic bullets etc. or taps and one shots. Voting Zeref.

>Zeref just follows with his ow

Zeref's teleportation is doomed to be delayed (nulled) with Ainz's delayed teleportation spell. Like how he did to the Evil Lord Wrath who teleported after him.

>Ainz's win con is TGoALiD

Amazing underestimation, but you are not counted: Aura of Despair 1-4, Reality Slash, Wish Upon A Star, summons with passive fear manip, summons that can consume souls, Black Holes, Hellfire that burns the soul, and so on. Literary anything from the list duranegs and hurts Zeref badly or outright build a grave for him.

>Zeref throws any of fire, lightning, magic bullets

Nulled by Ainz magic or elemental resistance. Also, Ainz can ressurect as many times as he pleases or can be ressurected by Nazarick's system.

That's why it's not a stomp. Zeref can win, but he's unlikely to as none of his traditional hax will have any effect and his other abilities are less primary, while Grasp Heart still stuns, Teleport still works, and Zeref's magics are partially influenced by emotion, which get messed up just by being near him.

How will none of his traditional hax not work? I don't see resistance to soul manip on Ainz' s page and that's Zeref's main thing.

Hax and Very different kinds of magic for both characters makes this match very complicated with Verse Equalization

Hmm, how exactly does Zeref's soul manip work again?

Edit: Seems like his soul manip relies on his death magic, which won't work in the slightest against Ainz.

Except a death magic attack also just won't affect Ainz due to his reasonably high resistance to it (Completely resists all Yggdrasil instant death besides TGOALID, boosted by his staff iirc.)

So I doubt it'll work against Ainz unless an example of it working even when the spell itself fails can be presented. From my limited FT knowledge, it doesn't take your soul if you are unaffected.

This is why I don't like the match, Ainz's world would enforce said resistance, but in Fairy Tail, Zeref's Magic has bypassed Immortality and Resistance to Death Magic, so who's takes priority, the answer, likely the person with the higher magic power, being Zeref, however that might also not be true

So I don't like this match

Unless all Yggdrasil instant death is soul stealing, then Ainz won't resist it. That just gives Ainz resistance to death manipulation. Sort of like if I said that Natsu wouldn't be effected by mind destroying fire because he resists fire. The only people that haven't been effected by it in FT is Zeref who tanked Mavis trying to do it to him and Acnologia who is unaffected by magic.

I doubt Zeref can beat out Ainz in death resistance here. He flat-out resists, 100%, all Yggdrasil spells that don't explicitly bypass resistances. Meanwhile, Fairy Tail resistances have been bypassed and beaten just by having higher magical power. That has never been the case for Ainz. Plus, his innate resistance is increased by his Staff, an incredibly powerful item that boosts his racial traits.

So yea, I very highly doubt Zeref has enough power to overwhelm that nearly to enough for it to actually kill Ainz.

You said you have limited knowledge so let me correct you, FT hax is not stopped by having more magic power, if you're thinking about Natsu, he has power nullification. Again, Death manipulation resistance does not give you soul manipulation resistance.

But Zeref is 15x stronger, and being stronger than hax in Fairy Tail makes you resist it, but that's not how it works in Overlord, so once again, who's verse takes priority and rules do we use, because unless you decide tgat, then this match is incon

That's also another example for me. You have just shown that when the spell fails, the soul isn't taken. Acnol and Zeref both were not affected, Natsu wasn't affected when the wave hit him on the island due to his scarf...

The burden of proof is on people arguing for Zeref to say it still works when the target resists instant death to an exceptionally high degree.

Ainz's resistance is way too high for Zeref to beat, as it literally resists every instant death spell in Yggdrasil 100% with out fail no matter who's casting the spell, with the singular exception in TGOALID

Back