• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown VS Rensa

Status
Not open for further replies.
Rensa begins with Accelerator's esper ability.

Of course,"death" can not take effect to a cyborg,as she is not a living creature,and Accelerator's ability can protect her from almost any attack from Ainz.Time stop may be effective,but vector shield is still there,and Ainz can not maintain time stop forever.

Speed seems similar.

Speed gap makes this a stomp in Rensa's favour.

Every thread that I've seen you made involving Ainz assumes that the speed between his opponent and him seems similar, when their profile states otherwise.

Why don't you just make it speed equalised as a condition? It's not like it could cause a huge issue or anything, especially if it's for the sake of a fairer match.

Also, you can't just restrict a character's ability like that. If you want to argue that Rensa is unaffected by instant death, then make a CRT about adding resistance to Death Manipulation or type 7 immortality in Rensa's profile or something. Otherwise, this match can't be added by default due to the OP restricting a character's ability.

DeathNoodles said:
Speed gap makes this a stomp in Rensa's favour.
Every thread that I've seen you made involving Ainz assumes that the speed between his opponent and him seems similar, when their profile states otherwise.

Why don't you just make it speed equalised as a condition? It's not like it could cause a huge issue or anything, especially if it's for the sake of a fairer match.

Also, you can't just restrict a character's ability like that. If you want to argue that Rensa is unaffected by instant death, then make a CRT about adding resistance to Death Manipulation or type 7 immortality in Rensa's profile or something. Otherwise, this match can't be added by default due to the OP restricting a character's ability.
Rensa's speed seems not faster than lv5 espers in To Aru.

And Rensa is unaffected by instant death as she is not a living creature,she is a cyborg produced by Acdamic City.

Doesn't a cyborg mean that she has organic body parts? Then I think instant death should still apply here.

Also she is much faster than Ainz, just check their profiles.

Xueping song said:
Doesn't a cyborg mean that she has organic body parts? Then I think instant death should still apply here.
Also she is much faster than Ainz, just check their profiles.
Only looks like human,but quite different inside.And death should only apply to living creature.

Robots are naturally not alive,so "death" is meaningless to them.

In fact,robots can be excellent in anti-necromancer battle,as necromancer can do almost nothing to them except melee.

Rensa's cyborg body involves a portion of a human brain being inserted in order for it to even be "piloted" (so she's not completely mechanical, she still has biological parts in her). I'm pretty sure she still counts as a living creature in that sense, and if an instant death spell were to be used against her, her portion of a human brain should "die off". Which would rend her incapacitated due to having no human consciousness to pilot it. If not, then Ainz uses TGoALID in tandem with his other death spells, where death spells augmented by TGoALID is explicitly shown to work against even non-living beings (as well as inanimate objects). And Ainz still has other ways to win against her that doesn't involve melee (not like that would work anyways) if speed is equalised.

However, this thread is non-negotiable as the OP refuses to even equalise their speed for some reason (along with restricting Ainz's instant death ability "because of reasons").

DeathNoodles said:
Rensa's cyborg body involves a portion of a human brain being inserted in order for it to even be "piloted" (so she's not completely mechanical, she still has biological parts in her). I'm pretty sure she still counts as a living creature in that sense, and if an instant death spell were to be used against her, her portion of a human brain should "die off". Which would rend her incapacitated due to having no human consciousness to pilot it. If not, then Ainz uses TGoALID in tandem with his other death spells, where death spells augmented by TGoALID is explicitly shown to work against even non-living beings (as well as inanimate objects). And Ainz still has other ways to win against her that doesn't involve melee (not like that would work anyways) if speed is equalised.
However, this thread is non-negotiable as the OP refuses to even equalise their speed for some reason (along with restricting Ainz's instant death ability "because of reasons").
Yea, even an automation with full machine parts like cz delta(from overlord) was never mentioned to posses any instant death resistance. So I don't think that Rensa should. Still, a really easy way for Ainz to win is to use his reality warping ring to steal her bullshit ability, but that's only with prep. This is supposed to be a random encounter with no prior knowledge right?

DeathNoodles said:
Standard Battle Assumptions says so, yes. No prep or prior knowledge of each other.
Hmm, does Rensa's vector shield work against the spell 'Death' or other instantaneous attacks? If yes, then Rensa should win because Ainz probably wont be able to figure out that she doesn't have time stop counter measures(he is likely assuming that Rensa is a high leveled player with time stop counter measures if multiple high tiered spells are not effective) and would not use it in the first place.

Some of Ainz's instantaneous spells such as Death, Grasp Heart etc. aren't projectiles. If an attack aren't projectiles and they affect the target directly (which are what those spells exactly are), then they should work against someone like Accelerator (with the exception of dimensional-based teleportation, which Accelerator can counter due to his vector field also encompassing the 11th dimension. But teleportation isn't used as an attack here).

Also, being a high-level player isn't enough for Ainz to go along with that assumption (which I doubt Ainz would even assume, since there are NPCs that are at high levels as well in Overlord), and he has used it against those that are fodder to him before. That won't stop Ainz from simply testing to see if his time stop works, since he is both curious and paranoid enough to try it out.

He actually hasn't shown to not use Time Stop on the assumption that they don't have it. Knowing Ainz, who is both capable and spends his first rounds in PvP tournaments testing the opponent and figuring out what they do, he'll probably Time Stop if he's threatened just to see if he can. After all, he'll find out pretty quickly that she's not like Yggdrasil players in the slightest.

Also for god's sake can we equalize speed?

Who find their opponent first? I think it'd be Ainz. 4 km apart is out of both char normal detection range but Ainz has divination spell. He's also smart enough to go stealth on an unnoticed opponent. The real question here is will she noticed Ainz and what will Ainz use as his first attacks. If that didn't kill her he'll get blitzed.

Sould also be noted that Ainz lose to Accelerator before. But it's a different fight and we shouldn't assume that he'll lose to Rensa who has accelerator's ability.

I'm just waiting for OP to equalize speed.

Assuming this is 1v1 and Ainz doesn't want to handle crap, Ainz would immediately try Timestop to see if the opponent possesses resistance. If they don't, they're dead. Timestop is literally Ainz' Go-To spell and you're considered utter fodder if you lack resistance once you hit end-game.

Also equalize speed please.

And the Ainz vs Accelerator fight was heavily contested, me being among the peoples that disagreed.

LuciusAterna said:
Sould also be noted that Ainz lose to Accelerator before. But it's a different fight and we shouldn't assume that he'll lose to Rensa who has accelerator's ability.
I find that battle complete bs as do many others.

It's very possible that Ainz start with time stop too. Since he got the first strike advantage and have time to plan out his moves. I'm heavily leaning toward Ainz currently but still hold my vote in case that Rensa can continue fighting. She might die but can continue anyway if she has some automated program installed, but I'm not To aru expert (only watch anime and read manga) so I don't really know if that's the case.

Thinking back, wouldn't Rensa change her mode to dark matter if she didn't detect Ainz immediately since that mode is better for information gathering? If that's the case, nothing from Ainz will kill her... Dark Matter is kind of a hard counter to Ainz...

LuciusAterna said:
Thinking back, wouldn't Rensa change her mode to dark matter if she didn't detect Ainz immediately since that mode is better for information gathering? If that's the case, nothing from Ainz will kill her... Dark Matter is kind of a hard counter to Ainz...
Good idea.She can even change her mode to other espers to detect Ainz,and then change to bettle mode for combat.

Then this is '''really''' a stomp.

LuciusAterna said:
I mean, he could still counter that. He has a spell called Black Hole. While it's not exactly a true black hole, it still operates similar enough to one, in which it involves gravitational force. Since Ainz's Black Hole can consume light (similar to how a true black hole does), and the fact that light is comprised of photons (which are elementary particles), it should still be able to absorb her and BFR her.

Not like it matters as speed is not equalised.

DeathNoodles said:
it should still be able to absorb her and BFR her.
The bad news is: Black holes don't BFR stuff. Once the black hole disappears the dark matter would still be there; just in an extremly compressed state. Wouldn't kill Kakine.

The good news is: Rensa doesn't have Kakine's immortality. She has his ability, but isn't one with dark matter in the way Kakine is. Or, at least not as far as we know.

So there isn't any confirmation that Rensa actually has Kakine's immortality. That's nice to know. She would still have to deal with other abilities like Ainz's Wish Upon A Star though, or his hellfire abilities (even assuming he doesn't have other hellfire spells aside from Hellflame, he could still use WUAS to wish for... Say, Hellfire Wall spell so that he can destroy her soul).

But not like that matters as any arguments for Ainz's favour become so invalid due to the sheer speed difference. This thread would forever remain as a stomp via speed gap until the OP decides to equalise their speed.

Rensa would die from just a death spell actually... It's just that Ainz tendency to plan from a long time and be really cautious and observant will backfires him. Rensa would start with scouting abilities and the most effective method for her is to create dark matter clones... Base on Ainz personality he would just observe and analyze her aibilities via divination magic and that's really bad for him. Rensa clones take times to make but are very strong, being create out of dark matter resist death spell and are immune to most attacks science could explain. Imagine how hard it'd be for Ainz to fight multiple Accelerator and Melt Downer that was created from dark matter at the same time...

LuciusAterna said:
Rensa would die from just a death spell actually... It's just that Ainz tendency to plan from a long time and be really cautious and observant will backfires him. Rensa would start with scouting abilities and the most effective method for her is to create dark matter clones... Base on Ainz personality he would just observe and analyze her aibilities via divination magic and that's really bad for him. Rensa clones take times to make but are very strong, being create out of dark matter resist death spell and are immune to most attacks science could explain. Imagine how hard it'd be for Ainz to fight multiple Accelerator and Melt Downer that was created from dark matter at the same time...
Uh, no it doesn't. It was established by several knowledgable users of Overlord (from previous threads involving Ainz) that it's in-character for Ainz to start killing a completely unknown enemy with an instant death spell at the beginning of the fight. Heck, they also established that it's also in-character for Ainz to use time stop against a completely unknown enemy at the beginnng of a fight as well. So what you've just stated about Ainz's personality and mindset isn't entirely accurate here. And Standard Battle Assumptions says that there's no prep time, so Rensa might not even have the time to do any of that before Ainz decides to take action.

Either way, it doesn't matter. Ainz gets speedblitzed here due to this match not being speed equalised.

@LuciusAterna

What DeathNoodles said. To clarify, Ainz usualy prefers to gather information first, but if he were to be thrust into a battle with an unknown enemy he needs to kill, he would definitely go for hax like death magic first.

Op you need to eaualize speed

Death can definitely affect the biological parts of a cyborg, and iirc Ainz had some weird stuff with killing rocks and the air and stuff so I don't think her being s robot save her from that. Don't remember if that was amped or not though.

That being said, composite l5 esper seems excessive.

Yeah wait he already lost to accelerator. This seems redundant.

OP, if I wake up and see that you've responded to the thread and not equalized speed, I'm going to have to close it. People have been telling you the entire thread you gotta equalize due to that gap, speed is honestly better than a lot of the most broken hax abilities with enough disparity and right now Ainz gets absolutely wrecked by that alone. The match is a stomp unless you eaualize speed here.

Wokistan said:
Op you need to eaualize speed

Death can definitely affect the biological parts of a cyborg, and iirc Ainz had some weird stuff with killing rocks and the air and stuff so I don't think her being s robot save her from that. Don't remember if that was amped or not though.

That being said, composite l5 esper seems excessive.
You're thinking of The Goal of All Life is Death, which kills things that lack a concept of life

Wokistan said:
OP, if I wake up and see that you've responded to the thread and not equalized speed, I'm going to have to close it. People have been telling you the entire thread you gotta equalize due to that gap, speed is honestly better than a lot of the most broken hax abilities with enough disparity and right now Ainz gets absolutely wrecked by that alone. The match is a stomp unless you eaualize speed here.
It seems that Rensa's speed is not so fast in To Aru.Hamazura Shiage almost find a chance to attack her when she is transforming,although failed as Kuroyoru Umidori did not act as he expected.So I don't think that's necessary.

It doesn't matter how fast she is relative to others in the verse. She isfar faster than ainz. That is what is important, as she isn't fighting others in her verse right now.

Wokistan said:
It doesn't matter how fast she is relative to others in the verse. She isfar faster than ainz. That is what is important, as she isn't fighting others in her verse right now.
The problem is that someone believe Touma should be slower than Ainz,but Touma is only slightly slower than Rensa.

Dude, we go off the files, and that gives her a much faster rating than ainz. If you don't like it then make a crt, but intil then that's how we're doing things. One last chance to equalize.

FDrybob said:
@LuciusAterna

What DeathNoodles said. To clarify, Ainz usualy prefers to gather information first, but if he were to be thrust into a battle with an unknown enemy he needs to kill, he would definitely go for hax like death magic first.
Ainz personality is just like what u said however, this isn't "thrust into a battle with an unknown enemy" scenario but a "thrust into another world and there's one enemy who I have to kill exist". Both side start 4 km from each other after all. Since this took place in Central Park, there will be some normal guys mixed in to increase both side's confusion as well.

The first thing they do will not be "try to kill my enemy" since they don't even know who's their enemy. Therefore Ainz will absolutely not use time stop first. In Yggdrasil this is an equivalent of "I'm here, come and get me" sign after all.

Wokistan said:
Dude, we go off the files, and that gives her a much faster rating than ainz. If you don't like it then make a crt, but intil then that's how we're doing things. One last chance to equalize.
Touma can react and punch her,even when Rensa prevented his precog.So if Touma is slower than Ainz,then speed equalize is not necessary.Otherwise Touma should only one grade slower than her at most.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back