• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
An Overlord fights a Magical Girl, because why not?

• Speed Equalized
  • Both in character
  • Magical Girl Homura is being used aka her first key
  • Starting distance of 100 meters. Otherwise SBA
VOTES:

Ainz Anime
Homura Akemi 2

Unless Ainz ends up being like a Walpurgisnacht to her, which I think is very unlikely, Homura would eventually beat Ainz by reversing time until she finds a way, I think. In that case it doesn't seem like Ainz got any chance whatsoever. Seems like stomp to be honest.

Also Ainz's race is Overlord, not Elder Lich. Elder Lich is just a preceeding race he had before evolving to an Overlord.

Dragopentling said:
Except Homura can time-Stop, too :3 Actually her Time Manipulation seems more potent than that of Ainz.
Resistance to Time Manipulation is right there.

Doesn't Homura have a substantially longer timestop? she was implied to have emptied military bases within the span of a single one.

Been a while since I watched Madoka. Does Homura's Time-Reversal activate automatically upon death, or does she have to do so consciously?

NeoSuperior said:
Been a while since I watched Madoka. Does Homura's Time-Reversal activate automatically upon death, or does she have to do so consciously?
She has to do so consciously.

If she dies she can't use it

Wait a minute, isn't Grasp Heart or True Death a form of Magic? Cause this key does have Resistance to Magic...idk how exactly potent the resistance is, though

Ainz's anti-timestop measures should make him able to move within stopped time. However he'd probably be affected by time reversal like anyone else.

With Speed equalized, it can come down to who pulls the trigger first in-character. I feel like this is more likely Incon, but I'll wait.

Dragopentling said:
With Speed equalized, it can come down to who pulls the trigger first in-character. I feel like this is more likely Incon, but I'll wait.
Ainz is faster, thought vs shield

TGoALID works against undead.

Also yea it doesn't really seem like she resists time stop.

Vote Ainz.

One advantage that Homura has is her soul gem. Without prior knowledge, Ainz doesn't know that that is what he needs to target with his death magic, not Homura's body. But one dimensional slash with the soul gem in it's range would probably be enough to destroy it.

On the other hand if Ainz uses TGOALID and if Homura, who also doesn't have prior knowledge, let's Ainz use it, she is dead without a doubt.

Of course Homura got time reversal and if uses it well, she might win.

Now that I look at it, this is actually a closer match, that I thought it was.

Might wanna take that vote back, bro.

I just looked again at Homura's Immortality (this is STILL in her first key).

She has Types 2, 6, and 7. Type 7 is Immortality via being Undead.

Yobo says being Undead stops True Death from working.

Death magic is uselsss anyway, and Ainz can sense when someone is undead.

Basically, this comes down to "can/will Homera kill Ainz before TGOaLiD kicks in"

Yeaa, chances are he leads with Grasp Heart, stuns her, and either smites her with AP or Time Stops + Something Else.

Honestly, Ainz has a whole lot of options here.

He has to target her soul gem to actually kill her though. Really, it comes down to who slips up first when both have no prior knowledge of each other.

And this is probably the most important question: Does time reversal undo the TGOALID counter? Probably yes simply because the counter is attached to Ainz and not the target.

Since Ainz should now know Homura's nature, he should know that Time Stop and Grasp Heart / True Death will not be the solution. I can honestly see him teleporting or floating around using all sort of magic. Like Schnee says...though Homura does have Magic Resistance, the AP difference can practically cancel that.

Even with the Immortality revelation, I'm kinda leaning toward Ainz, but I'll wait.

P.s. I'm using a tablet right now, so it takes 50 million years to post a comment :(

Dragopentling said:
Since Ainz should now know Homura's nature, he should know that Time Stop and Grasp Heart / True Death will not be the solution. I can honestly see him teleporting or floating around using all sort of magic. Like Schnee says...though Homura does have Magic Resistance, the AP difference can practically cancel that.

Even with the Immortality revelation, I'm kinda leaning toward Ainz, but I'll wait.

P.s. I'm using a tablet right now, so it takes 50 million years to post a comment :(
That's no excuse, I've made 20 profiles on my tablet.

The thing is, after Grasp Heart fails and stuns, he'll likely not continue to use Death Magic without TGoALID. So, he'll teleport away, either bombard with spells from a distance or summon some guys, all of which would beat the shit out of Homura, therefore Ainz gg, albeit close.

@Dragopentling:

Nope. SBA says:

"Knowledge of the other character/verse: The fighters will have absolutely no prior knowledge of each other."

Don't know where you get the idea that Ainz "knows her nature".

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back