• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown (Overlord) VS Asgore Dreemurr (Undertale)

Title. Who wins in a battle to the death? Both are at full power. Mindset is bloodlusted, and speed is equalized. (Relativistic Asgore, duh) And this time, Asgore ISN'T holding back.

Round 1: No Insta-Kill, Asgore VS Magician Ainz

Round 2: Asgore VS Warrior Ainz

Ainz Ooal Gown due to his versatility and his many, many hax.

Invisibility, mind manipulation, insta-kill spells... Asgore can't really keep up with that.

Asgore's waaaay stronger physically (and obviously way faster when speed isn't equalized), but I don't know if he can take it with equalized speed. Ainz is incredibly versatile.

How about Warrior Ainz? You know, the one where dons a Golbez-like armor? Or wait, does the versatility apply to that form too?

KamiYasha said:
1- Asgore.
2- Hard to tell, at this point, Ainz is pretty Op. I will go with Ainz due to: "The Goal of all life is death"
For both rounds, would it be stomp, low diff, mid diff, high diff or extreme diff for winner? (Diff in this case is difficulty)

I'd like to mention LOVE and EXP, what they represent, and why they matter.

EXP is a measure of how much you've killed, and LOVE is your ability to kill without a second thought. The only way to gain a lot of LOVE is to kill and kill and kill for it. It usually only affects your interactions with monsters and only if you're human, as a human soul's power flowing over the weaker monster souls is what causes them to crumple and die upon hit. Humans are more corporeal than monsters, but an absolutely massive amount of LOVE could do them in.

No ordinary human could get much higher than fourteen because of the level of sociopathy required to kill a living being.

A player is an exception.

To them, monsters are there to be slain, and if they don't care for the characters as anything more than pawns and flashes of light, then the barrier between them and the fourth wall will allow them to reach the level of detachment required to kill so mindlessly and happily. For the monsters, it's a massacre. For the player, it's nothing but a grind.

I bring this up because AINZ IS AN MMORPG PLAYER WHO HAS BEEN GRINDING FOR YEARS IN HIS FREE TIME

He became this lich because he wanted to turn in another twenty bear-asses quest before the servers shut down. He's a human trapped in the body of a demigod.

Everything else is lost when the Asgore's foe is exactly the same person who ended him without so much as a word at the end of the Genocide run.

The winner is Ainz.

Fairness-Level: ROFLSTOMP

Even without his insta-kill magic, Ainz is just too versatile for Asgore to handle. He has time stop and a bunch of other spells that would make Shiroe from Log Horizon jealous.

But on the other hand, Small country level IS powerful.. Hmm. We need more opinions before we can put this in Ainz's notable wins..

That's abusing no-limits fallacy to all hell. Ainz doesn't automatically become as strong as Frisk by sharing similar traits to them, that's trying to enforce the rules of one verse onto another that simply doesn't work the same way. It isn't compatible.

ThePerpetual said:
That's abusing no-limits fallacy to all hell. Ainz doesn't automatically become as strong as Frisk by sharing similar traits to them, that's trying to enforce the rules of one verse onto another that simply doesn't work the same way. It isn't compatible.

Yeah, I call BS on that.

The rules of Undertale, and our site's interpretation on them, work as such.

• The SOUL is the culmination of your being./Every being has one, thus allowing soul-manipulation techniques used by Undyne and Sans to work every time.
  • Humans have stronger souls than monsters.
  • A human's lack of empathy in tandem with killing intent greatly weakens monsters. This is measured by their LOVE./20 LOVE is enough to kill any monster in the game, bar maybe God Asriel, in one blow.
  • The absolute nastiest a human can get is continuing to kill ceaselessly, killing until there is no more left to kill, and then moving on to find more targets.
  • The only way to reach LOVE 20 is to grind monsters until the anti-grinding features kick in. Grinding is the absolute epitome of callous killing, only achievable by a person who can hide behind a screen and do it with the push of a button.
This site has decided that these rules apply to EVERYONE on the site, so they MUST apply to Ainz, being part of this site.

• He has a SOUL.
  • He is a human, though he acts through a non-human body much like the Undertale player acts through the empty Chara, so his soul would be human. If it weren't that would be odd and contradictory to Undertale canon.
  • He is an MMO player. He would be grinding away monsters without a twinge of emotion until he got what he wanted and could move onto the next grind. Like the player of Undertale, he can do it because there's a big disconnect between him and the "AI."
He's an exact copy of the player, except instead of piloting Chara, he's piloting a lich!

I DID MY RESEARCH

Ummm...

• The SOUL is the culmination of your being./Every being has one, thus allowing soul-manipulation techniques used by Undyne and Sans to work every time.
...this isn't relevant at all to the point I presented?

• Humans have stronger souls than monsters.
...Noooooo.

No, no, no no no no no. The humans of Undertale have stronger SOULs than monsters because that is a part of their in-game lore. Said humans are the same humans capable of, you know, creating the barrier that the monsters cannot get past. Are you trying to tell me that seven humans from any series can generate objectively multiversal feats so long as they are fighting monsters from Undertale?

• A human's lack of empathy in tandem with killing intent greatly weakens monsters. This is measured by their LOVE./20 LOVE is enough to kill any monster in the game, bar maybe God Asriel, in one blow.
Again, this is the humans of Undertale in particular, as it is explained through their ability to acquire Execution Points and thus increase their strength through increasing their LOVE. Jeff the Killer, for instance, doesn't suddenly become Small Country level if he gets into a fight with Asgore just because he's killed a good bunch of people. He doesn't even have DETERMINATION, that too is a power explained within the context of the Undertale-verse. This is a trait of the humans they were fighting, not of all humans in every fiction ever.

• The absolute nastiest a human can get is continuing to kill ceaselessly, killing until there is no more left to kill, and then moving on to find more targets.
  • The only way to reach LOVE 20 is to grind monsters until the anti-grinding features kick in. Grinding is the absolute epitome of callous killing, only achievable by a person who can hide behind a screen and do it with the push of a button.
Um, sure, but that's missing the point here, which is that Undertale's rules on humanity and level of morality do not automatically apply to every world ever. People like, say, Link from The Legend of Zelda don't cease to be good-aligned and have noble intentions when put into the world of Undertale, regardless of how massive his kill count undoubtedly is since technically he's the same soul being reincarnated over and over and over and over again.

• "This site has decided that these rules apply to EVERYONE on the site, so they MUST apply to Ainz, being part of this site."
More like just Sans, since that is explicitly what his powerset is based on, with Karmic Retribution being tied to the kill count itself rather than the motive behind it. His powers are built with his universe of origin in mind, since not killing no matter what = both the highest of moral good and wholly possible in the Undertale-verse.

• He has a SOUL.
...okay.

• He is a human, though he acts through a non-human body much like the Undertale player acts through the empty Chara, so his soul would be human. If it weren't that would be odd and contradictory to Undertale canon.
Yeah, his soul's human since he got stuck in the game. Already explained why an Overlord human doesn't gain powr through LOVE or EXP or DETERMINATION or anything of that sort, though, and all of his power comes from his in-game avatar anyhow, so moot point.

• He is an MMO player. He would be grinding away monsters without a twinge of emotion until he got what he wanted and could move onto the next grind. Like the player of Undertale, he can do it because there's a big disconnect between him and the "AI."
Except in this instance he becomes a part of the game itself? At any rate, sure, remorseless killer, but I rather doubt he's wholly evil like Chara is if he's not classified as an evil character or villain character. The onyl thing I see that would win him this is maybe his Absolute Flame Resistance in combination with one of his hax: "Cry of the Banshee" seems to be his best bet if he's in full bloodlust mode: in which case it would likely come down to whether or not Asgore chooses to try to go for a fire-based attack or a physical attack first.

In fact, why aren't any of Ainz's attacks being brought up here? You're seemingly just fixated on the fact that he's an MMO player being forced to live in his avatar as the sole reason he wins.

Exactly, Perpetual. Ainz can win due to his absolutely MASSIVE amount of spells and hax. So my bt goes to Ainz. He's more experienced than Asgore due to being a seasoned MMO player.

Cry of the Banshee will definitely work. I disabled the insta-kill spell for obvious reasons. Anyways my take:

Warrior Ainz VS Asgore - Absolute stomp thanks to recent upgrades

Regular Ainz VS Asgore - Either way.

Oh, so his instant-kill is disabled. Must've missed that part. Pretty sure he's got other hax of all sorts though, so...

The reason I fixated on his being an MMO player is because I determine VS battles winners by seeing whose vulnerabilities show up first and because I run on the logic that everyone's magic and applied phlebotinum applies just as well in every match-up.

A psyker is not rendered powerless in the Forgotten Realms. The Yuuzhan Vong would be just as resistant to the Warp as they are to the Force. The characters in Undertale with soul manipulation can manipulate people from other continuities, even if their souls work differently or possibly even lack them.

My next goal is to see if there are any weaknesses related to these characters that are related to the power in question, the things that make these powers double-edged swords. The group of up to four wizards from Magicka get to cast all of their spells and reality-bending magicks they used to triumph over the likes of Grimnir, Khan, Dagon, Fafnir, Vlad, Hastur, Cthulhu, the Butcher, and the Viatnamese goblins against anyone they're fighting, but they're still just as panicky, clumsy, and prone to friendly-fire and self-destruction as ever. The monsters can all strike against the soul of their foe and use powerful magic to win their battles, but their sensitivity to the strong souls of humans means battles against them are likely lethal.

Finally, Undertale is incredibly meta.

It's meta to the point where every character you get to name in a video game has been retroactively possessed by a demon child who is the personification of killing to raise numbers. I had no idea what I was inviting in when I scoured Hyrule for cash and rewards by burning bushes, draining lakes, and slicing octoroks into minced meat.

BITF-Ode-To-Minions-And-Mooks 7937

If it were any other story, I wouldn't be this belligerent. I'd consider this line of thinking too much.

But it's Undertale, a game where the theme is that every mook you meet has a life, and those monsters become easier and easier to kill when you as a player don't care.

And suddenly, one of them is up against an MMO player.

IGNORING A GIANT PIECE OF UNDERTALE'S BACKSTORY WHEN IT'S AT ITS MOST RELEVANT JUST FEELS SINFUL TO ME, OKAY?

I'm off to buy some of that Smash DLC...

Ainz, both rounds, stomp.

Monsters in Undertale are weak enough that a 10-year old kid with a knife can violate the shit out of them. They also are very vulnerable to someone whose killing intent is strong enough. If Ainz is bloodlusted, that means his character's karma -500 (extremely evil) is in full swing. And Ainz is no mere kid with a knife.

This is not a battle. It's the equivalent of Asgore's Genocide "fight". One hit is all it takes.

First round: Ainz has ways to defeat Asgore instantly without death spells. He could split him in half with reality slash, inflict terror, confusion, and insanity with despair aura (all three of which make the enemy incapable of fighting), stop Asgore with hold species, fly, teleport, and more. Ainz also has a passive ability as a skeleton that highly resists blows from piercing and slashing weapons like Asgore's trident.

Second round: Perfect Warrior Ainz has only been seen once, and has basically no feats. All he did was use his allies' divine gear. Momon doesn't really count, as he only has level 30 stats compared to perfect warrior Ainz's level 100 stats. Kind of leaning towards Asgore, but not enough info to tell.

TLDR: Round 1: Ainz stomps due to hax. Round 2: Inconclusive. Not enough info on warrior Ainz.

Also, I'd like to point out that at this point we don't know for sure if Ainz even has a soul or not, but it seems like he does not. If he has been completely transported into his character, naturally as an undead he should not have a soul. If he were still plugged into his game system, he would still need to eat food every now and then. He has been in the new world for many months with no issue, so it is likely that he has permanently lost his soul and human body. Also, in case anyone brings it up, Ainz's mage robes make him completely immune to fire, so that negates his weakness to it. Not sure about Warrior Ainz though, but I would assume that he is still weak to it.

Back