• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown fights 9B dude.

"Super Tier Magic: Fallen Down!" - Ainz probably

How does Koschei stand any chance? It looks like he doesn't have any Godly Regen so what stops Ainz from just blowing him back the instant the fight starts?

To be fair, Ainz can't avoid, deflect, or absorb Koschei's most powerfull sorcery - petrification, since it's range and potency (You know, pissed Koschei petrified entire nation) is vastly superior to Ainz's magic resistance or anything magical he shown to be resistant to. Meanwhile, Koschei can turn into mist, whirlwind or activate his clairvoyance to somehow deal with Ainz's death manip. Also, don't ingnore Koschei's broken reactive evolution and type 8 that works mechanically similar to Low-Godly regen. The path of victory for Ainz is to mindhax or BFR him, which he would not in-character start with.

If Koschei doesn't start with petrification, he loses. You say he was pissed when he used it, and he doesn't seem Bloodlusted here.

Meanwhile, if Ainz starts with a time stop or death spell, Koschei could be dead before he even knows to turn into mist or deploy such a maneuver.

Before I vote, how does Koschei start his battles?

>Before I vote, how does Koschei start his battles?

You asked a relatively tough question for me, lol. How does a folklore character start his batlles on a permanent basis? Pretty sure in all tales i have read, he never actually tries to hax his opponent's from the get-go. I guess, normally, he would go for close combat swinging a sword or maybe use transmutation turning Ainz into walnut like he did on Prince Ivan, then probably dies if such a strategy does not carry the fruit, but type 8 immortality says hi and broughs him back to life and so on. I can be quite sure that he is intelligent enough to use his strongest technique, if not immediately, then after the first death, on an opponent that is noticeably superior to him in dark thaumaturgy.

Hmm. I'm leaning towards Ainz as he's more likely to start with hax. Ainz also has spells, such as the one used on Gazef, that negate lower level ressurrections. I say Ainz, but it is possible for him to res + kill Ainz, so I'd like more details on his resurrection if possible.

I can argue that low-level ressurection negating spell would be inefficient on someone who can't die as long as his death or soul lies undesturbed inside special container - in a needle. If the needle that contains his soul is broken, then he truly dies. Ainz has no knowledge where's to find that annoying object, if Koschei does not blab him the truth about it by mistake, lol.

Ah, that will complicate things. Well, in that case I think it's incon in favor of Ainz since he'll likely kill him, Koschei will revive, them it comes down to who strikes first with their other hax.

I'm going to go solidly with Ainz. Unless Koschei leads with petrification he loses.

If Ainz uses time stop, Koschei dies before doing anything. If Ainz leads with Fallen Down, Koschei dies, mist or otherwise. If Ainz leads with any death spell, Koschei dies. If Ainz leads with any offensive spell, Koschei dies.

So Koschei's win con is petrification and Ainz's win con is everything in his arsenal.

Not on his page he doesn't. It also says he died by getting kick in the head by a horse, so it definitely seems like that is not the case.

If it is the case and he needs resurrection, make a CRT, because here he doesn't have it.

If worst comes to worst, Ainz uses Wish Upon A Star to gain the knowledge on how to permenantly kill Koschei (and that knowledge would be knowing exactly where Koschei's needle is located), which he can definitely do as the extent of WUAS is explicitly stated to be able to give Ainz "the answer to things" if he wanted to. So, Ainz can simply just wish himself the answer on how to permenantly kill Koschei if death spells and the sheer AP difference isn't enough for victory.

High Tier Magic Invalidation III (which works on any character "below level 60" in Overlord. As most of Ainz's battle maids is below level 60, and is tier 7-B on this site, it should work on Koschei as he's only tier 9-B on this site) would mean that virtually all of Koschei's magical attacks would get nullified by Ainz.

The only winning move Koschei has is his petrification, but that's only one winning condition for him (and even then it is questionable if it could even work on Ainz before that magic gets nullified passively by Ainz), whereas Ainz has multiple ways to win.

Back