• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ainz Ooal Gown conceptual manipulation

I think Ainz should have this because TGOALID killed the Einherjar that is a ethereal homulculus without a concept of life or death

"Then, Ainz's trump card took effect.

In that moment — the world died.

This was not metaphorical.

Everything died.

The Einherjar evaporated into white mist as it couched its lance, and dispersed before Ainz's eyes. Even a homunculus with no concept of life died instantly. Shalltear's familiars shared the same fate, unable to resist the destruction which overtook them." vol3 chapter 5

King Hassan entered the chat

I'm not sure if the concept part is referring to the thing just lacking life or lacking the abstract concept of it, though.

It's possible that this is genuine conceptual manipulation, but I'm hesitant to attribute such a powerful ability to Ainz based on just a vague statement. I knew about this quote for a while, but didn't really bring it up because of that. Perhaps the next time he uses TGOALID we will know more.

I mean, IDK if that's from an official english translation, so the use of the word "conceptual" might not be in the abstract sense.

Even then stuff like the air can be reasonably said to lack the concept of life in most situations, considering the definition of life. It doesn't mean it's like he's imposing the concept of death on something a-la Hassan.

That put I can see the argument for it being concept-based death inducement, though.

That put I can see the argument for it being concept-based death inducement, though.

I think this would make the most sense, if someone is willing to make an argument for it

Tbf, it does go out of it's way to say everything literally died, from the air to mist etc.

BTW. I'm 99% sure this translation is from the Light Novel and that it is official

"That was not all.

Even the air — which was not even alive to begin with — fell into death. For over one hundred meters in all directions, the air was no longer breathable. If any living creature tried to respire within that area, their lungs would be corrupted by the deadly air, and they would die."

"Ainz's trump card, ÒÇîThe Goal Of All Life Is DeathÒÇì strengthened the effect of instant death magic and skills. Thus augmented, those instant-death effects could bypass any immunities or resistance and kill their targets after a certain amount of time had passed."

"The air and the land had also died because of that effect.

In YGGDRASIL, the environment would not have succumbed, but in this new world, the effects were quite appropriate to the skill. All things were equal in the face of Death."

King Hassan approves

Also Hassan CAN'T kill something by manipulating the concept of death, he kills rewriting the fate of his foes so that their lives ends in that moment, but he can impose the concept of MORTALITY in immortal beings that lacks the concept of death like Tiamat (only by sacrifying his Grand Saint Graph), also his sword has a small chance of instantly killing his opponents but it's not conceptual.

In that instant, the world died.

That was not a metaphor.

It died. All of it.

Einherjar, who'd been brandishing its lance before him, turned to white mist and began to collapse. It died instantly despite being a construct and having no life.

It brought death even to the lifeless air and made it impossible to breathe within a diameter of almost 250 yards. If there was anything trying to breathe and live in that area, its lungs would have been polluted by the dead air and it would have died from that. The soil also died. Everywhere within those 250 yards around Ainz instantly turned into a desert.

This is from the official translation

Apeironaxim said:
In that instant, the world died.

That was not a metaphor.

It died. All of it.

Einherjar, who'd been brandishing its lance before him, turned to white mist and began to collapse. It died instantly despite being a construct and having no life.

It brought death even to the lifeless air and made it impossible to breathe within a diameter of almost 250 yards. If there was anything trying to breathe and live in that area, its lungs would have been polluted by the dead air and it would have died from that. The soil also died. Everywhere within those 250 yards around Ainz instantly turned into a desert.

This is from the official translation
The official translation thought Shalltear was a rabbit and that Jircniv was a Blood-split Emperor

So poisoning/killing the air and ground only happened because he used an AOE death spell, but the situation with the construct would happen with any instant death spell

The official translation thought Shalltear was a rabbit and that Jircniv was a Blood-split Emperor

You mean when Albedo called Shalltear a lamprey?

Because my copy says lamprey

I'm pretty sure there's at least one official version where Shalltear gets called that, and it's notorious for being mocked by the community because of what a poor translation it is.

(that goes for all the official versions too)

Nah. All of them are pretty bad from what I've heard, but admittedly I haven't read every single copy, so I cannot personally confirm.

The general rule is Original Text Interpreted by Reliable Native Speakers > Official Translations > Fan Translations.

Xtasyamphetamine said:
Just saying, but this is just a feat of negating Type 7 immortality based on what I've seen in the OP
It also "killed" Einherjar, which is a nonliving construct, and the air and ground itself. Those are not undead.

Back