• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adventure Time. Piece by piece CRT

Phoenix821 said:
We literally see an Alien destroy a plaent on screen and was imprisoned by the guardians.

Orgalorg mentions destroying worlds and is called the breaker of the world, being crushed by gravity is just PIS when he's shown being fine on a planet before.
Oh boy. That first one scales to noone, except to MAYBE the guardians.

We debated a lot about that second one.

1. He has no actual showings

2. He has no planet breaking statements, just his title, the breaker of worlds, which is sth he might have gotten with way less. He has been stated to tyrannize worlds and the solarsystem, never to break any.

3. Its not PIS, the planet he was on might have just been way smaller (thus less gravity)!?

Why wouldn't it scale to anyone The Lich killed some of the guardians,

Orgalorg was considered a big enough threat that he had to be stopped by Grob Gob Glob Grod.

It doesn't really make sense considering Orgalorg ruled the SS and terrorized planets why would Earth gravity specifucally compress him?

For the record I'm fine with tier 2 being removed from AT bios (not counting Prismo and GOLB ofc) but anything below tier 5 is downplay

As said the alien straight up destroys a planet on screen with a casual laser attack he was confirmed to have been imprisoned by the guardians and Lich killed him with just his essence

This is not counting the other feats from Charlie and Warren who casually grows to the size of Earth and covers a whole planet respectively while drained of his life force

To say these wouldn't scale to Orgalorg is Implying he's literally thousands to millions of times weaker then a random alien,Charlie and a Half dead Warren

I shouldn't have to explain why that's ridiculous.

Rewatch that. The Lich didnt bother with the guardians AT ALL.

Glob has 0 feats too... Oh no, wait. He got blown to pieces by something he misstook for sth that had country-ish AP (the meteorite that killed the dinosaurs)

Why not? The AT solarsystem (and the universe in general) is way different than ours.

"This is not counting the other feats from Charlie and Warren who casually grows to the size of Earth and covers a whole planet respectively while drained of his life force "

Yet again, that has been covered (a lot). Do I actually have to re-debate the entire thread!?

"To say these wouldn't scale to Orgalorg is Implying he's literally thousands to millions of times weaker then a random alien,Charlie and a Half dead Warren"

Weaker than a random alien, which has been stated by prismo to be one of the worst in the universe? wouldnt orgalorg be in the citadell too, if he ever did anything like that?

https://youtu.be/LN6wkk7KAgs 2:29 the Lich's essence reaches one of the guardians and slowly kills him and he's dead by the end of the episode so yes he very much effected him

The fact Lich broke free from his crystal containment and the Alien couldn't furthers proves his superiority as well

The inmates went havock on the guardians and did way more than those flames, but for the sake of argument, lets say it was the Lichs essence. Still wouldnt scale, since that was death manip, rather than AP...

No it doesnt. Thats just a passive the Lich has, like when he went through the ocean and all of the fish died. The crystall has been shown/stated (iirc) to be organic material.

That just proves death manip even more, since right after that, we see a guardian, that lost half his head to the inmates and seems to be fine. The first on took way less actual dmg.

This is also not even talking about the fact the the guardians themselves might not even scale to that alien, since we never even saw them capturing him.

We do however know that guardians catch ppl with freezing/paralysis rays, which they fire through a portal...

Me shooting a tranqudart at a boxer, wont make me the heavy weight champ either, now will it?

I do not particularly have an opinion about this beyond that tier 2 is extremely exaggerated for most of the characters.

Since this is a prominent and extremely mistiered franchise, I would appreciate if we could get this revision started.

To better facilitate this, it might be a good idea to start a new content revision thread, with a summary of the preceding discussion results in the first post, that I can then link to in the official highlights thread, so we get more community input and assistance.

Well, I think almost everyone is fine with removing the tier 2 rating. For the rest I would need to collect a bunch of feats to replace the current ones with (Beginning of series Finn is no where near tier 5 after all)

Okay. Thank you for the help. Would you be willing to start a continuation revision thread for this, with a good summary explanation in the beginning, so we can get more help and input?

For what we should scale them to instead of Low 2-C.

Okay, but then you will have to investigate the edit histories in order to find out the previous statistics and what they were motivated by.

Otherwise we will have to try to find their highest calculated feats to scale from.

It is still important that we proceed with this revision.

Would somebody experienced be willing to create a new thread with a summary of the discussion and conclusions so far, so we can get more input? I could highlight it if it is good enough.

Bump.

This is an important revision, so I would very much appreciate the help.

Why is this still active when everyone who, ya know, actually watched the show, read the comics and researched the shows lore all agreed it was completely bunk and gave countless reasons why?

The only people who agreed with the downgrade was 1 guy and a few who thought the current ratings just didn't "feel" or "seem" right.

Not true. As far as I recall, Ultima and others debunked the current severely exaggerated and unreliable ratings, and we can only scale from the authentic canon material, not the comicbooks.

The downgrade has been approved, but it still needs to be applied.

WeeklyBattles said:
There are stilla lot of people who disagree with these downgrades
I dont think that there was a single person disagreeing that low 2-C is wack. For the other stuff, almost all, if not all arguments that were brought up here recently were already covered in the thread.

I currently dont have the time to redo a full scale CRT, since I am quite busy irl, so anything outside of commenting here and there might be a bit problematic.

I agree with RatherClueless, and as I mentioned, I would appreciate help with this revision.

Well, I won't be able to debate for the next couple of hours. If you disagree pls leave your reasonings here so I can come back to them. I hope you have read the OP, since many of my opinions are already included within it.

I don't think Oragarlorg should be downgraded he should be low 2c at least,Him lich and hunson should be way higher than what there rated as. Anyway orgarlorg is a primordial monster than existed before time so logically he should have tanked the big bang

Im not knowledgeable. But the low 2-C thing seems like a massive outlier anyway. A set of characters whos feats cap at tier 5 suddenly reaching tier 2 because of one feat which on its own requires a level of speculation to assume valid or scaleable to the cast.

@Dopyt Existing before time does not make you low 2-C or mean you tanked the big bang unless it was actually shown otherwise.

Really? I thought all the low 2-C stuff only came from this one feat. I know there is at least tier 2 stuff among certain characters that the main cast dont scale to, if thats what you mean.

Theres also golb who apparently scales to him. A couple 2-As and some tier 4 to 3 stuff that i dont think the cast who scale to orgalorg scale to. So yeah, the low 2-C feat/scaling may very well be an outlier if true. But thats all i can really say.

After having watched some episodes for fun, I feel like we're using the absolute high-end for the series instead of considering that levels of power in Adventure Time as a whole are inconsistent as all heck; for example, Finn has legitamate trouble busting through a stone wall at a point where we're saying he has Tier 5 striking strength.

I'm not really sure what the solution is, since an "average" for what we see of Finn would be outlandish looking at both his low and high end feats.

Finn has 0 tier 5 feats himself. The best feat for him I remember is a house blowing up on him. He can also wield a tree like a sword without issue and can get punched "deep" into the ground and still fight.

Back