• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Addressing Guardian Lasers and BOTW's Speed

yeah, this is something I feel like I need to address. BotW has... really wierd and kind of erroneous speed ratings. I'll make this quick since it's not too big of an issue.

Oh and flurry rush can stay, this is just for base speeds

#1: Guardian Lasers

So, in general, Guardian Lasers don't have the properties of normal lasers. They travel straight and are referred to as a laser by a random NPC, but they can be reflected off of any surface (read: even pot lids) in a game where the Mirror Shield doesn't exist and they explode on impact. Hell, they're even depicted very differently from the actual lasers in the shrine puzzles. I don't think they should be counted as lasers.

#2: Scaling Calamity Ganon to Botched Resurrection Gano

This one is wierd. Calamity Ganon is treated as being superior to Botched Resurrection Ganon, but there isn't really any basis for that. He has greater feats of AP, but that doesn't necessarily correlate to speed, as Zelda Characters are pretty consistent in speed feats across the globe. That said, with Link no longer having Rela reactions if the first point goes through, I propose that he should be downgraded just to MHS+, without any Rela points in it. Link still has lightning-timing feats in the game, so that part's consistent.

Yeah, that's about it.

TriforcePower1 said:
I don't think we scale BOTW Link from Guardian Lasers, but for having the Master Sword. There was a calculation somewhere that calculated the actual speed of guardian lasers.
It's listed on his justifications. Maybe that should be removed, at the very least.

In either case, I find it very strange to scale speed from the Master Sword. Scaling it from the Triforce of Power makes more sense, but the MS at the end of the day is still just a magic weapon.

Back