• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adding weakness to Saitama regarding his time travel technique

ImmortalDread

Call me Dread
Username Only
VS Battles
Retired

Limited Time Travel for Saitama

Many people quite do not understand that Saitama won't remember anything after Garuo taught him.
He has weak memory issues. And many people think that Saitama may use it again or not.
In many vs battle matches, there are always those arguments that Saitama time travel should be used since he taught the first time.
Saitama doesn't lead with that because he'll go to physicals real quick.

Solution:

Adding weakness to Saitama:
As long as he time travels after he learns the ability, he can spam it. Otherwise, he can't.
Because, as a consequence of time traveling, Saitama loses the memories of his future self.

Last edited:
Many people quite do not understand that Saitama won't remember anything after Garuo taught him.He has weak memory issues.
Headcanon, why would Saitama forget how time travel works with no reason? (Even if it seems like it) Saitama's not dumb. He forgets names, yeah, but that's all.
And many people think that Saitama may use it again or not. In many vs battle matches, there are always those arguments that Saitama time travel should be used since he taught the first time.
Saitama doesn't lead with that because he'll go to physicals real quick.
Just because he doesn't start with Time Travel, it doesn't mean it should be limited.

Basically yeah. I think Saitama should have something like "After time travelling, He fuses with his past self, losing the knowledge and power he gained in the future" at his weakness section

Saitama quite literally does not remember the technique. When he went back in time he forgot EVERYTHING that happened in his fight with Garou. This is shown by his shock at holding Genos's core and his confusion at Genos's explanation.

Currently Saitama's Time Travel shenanigans is under a tab for "Parallel Universe." So if you want him to not be able to use it, then you use Current Timeline Saitama, it is that simple.

Regardless, as others have said, it's not limited.

Headcanon, why would Saitama forget how time travel works with no reason? (Even if it seems like it) Saitama's not dumb. He forgets names, yeah, but that's all.
Saitama does indeed not remember anything he did once he time traveled shown in the most recent chapter and stated multiple times. Unless you're arguing that if Saitama used time travel to travel to a moment after he learned about time travel that he would be able to remember how to do it which would make sense.

My guy only knows how to punch, and yes he is dumb when it goes to matter manipulation and atom manipulation, I doubt he still knows it. He has memory issues

Saitama does indeed not remember anything he did once he time traveled shown in the most recent chapter and stated multiple times. Unless you're arguing that if Saitama used time travel to travel to a moment after he learned about time travel that he would be able to remember how to do it which would make sense.
I thought OP argument was that Saitama has memory issues, and as consequence he won't remember how to do Time Travel after Garou taught him, even if he didn't time travel (and as consequence lose his memory)

My guy only knows how to punch, and yes he is dumb when it goes to matter manipulation and atom manipulation, I doubt he still knows it. He has memory issues
Him forgetting how to Time Travel has nothing to do with memory issues. It is a side effect of Time Travel as he can't remember something that never actually happened. He doesn't have any form of Acausality after all.

So we can use the argument that Saitama can travel back to the past and kill someone? Right? And he can also spam the ability as much as he can?
I don't see any reason why he can't do it if you guys saying he is not limited and can use it whenever he want and without any help?

Saitama, as stated by Garou, is a prodigy even greater than him, someone capable of instantly mastering a technique not even a prodigy like Garou, capable of mastering and combining tenths of martial arts, can use. "The only one who can use the power of god without taking God's hand"

He now can't use it because he lost his memories as consequence of time travel. But in Parallel Timeline key: which represents parallel Saitama before time travel/fusing with present Saitama, and, as consequence, before losing his memories, knows perfectly how to do so. Try to argue he doesn't know because he forgets names easily is wrong

Saitama, as stated by Garou, is a prodigy even greater than him, someone capable of instantly mastering a technique not even a prodigy like Garou, capable of mastering and combining tenths of martial arts, can use. "The only one who can use the power of god without taking God's hand"

He now can't use it because he lost his memories as consequence of time travel. But in Parallel Timeline key: which represents parallel Saitama before time travel/fusing with present Saitama, and, as consequence, before losing his memories, knows perfectly how to do so. Try to argue he doesn't know because he forgets names easily is wrong
So we can use the argument that Saitama can travel back to the past and kill someone? Right? And he can also spam the ability as much as he can?
I don't see any reason why he can't do it if you guys saying he is not limited and can use it whenever he want and without any help?

So we can use the argument that Saitama can travel back to the past and kill someone? Right?
Yes
And he can also spam the ability as much as he can?
As long as he time travels after he learnt the ability, he can spam it. Otherwise, he can't.

Because, as a consequence of time travelling, Saitama loses the memories of his future self.
Once he learnt it, he can use it without any help. Garou didn't help Saitama to time travel, he just showed how Time Travel works, and Saitama saw and copied it. He can do it on his own, because now he knows what he has to do to time travel

As others said above, he just doesn't remember it. There's no limited Time Travel here.

People making matches if want him to use Time Travel, they just need to specify the version they are going to use.

It'd be limited if say, he could only time travel under very specific circumstances or can only travel to certain points in time. Those would quealify for limited.

That isn't the case here. This is just normal time travel
Thanks for the clarification, I got a question, can Saitama use the ability as much as he can? If not, I think it would qualify for limited.

Thanks for the clarification, I got a question, can Saitama use the ability as much as he can? If not, I think it would qualify for limited.
There's no limit to how much Saitama can use it from what we're shown. But here's the thing. We don't know if it's in character for Saitama to use his time travel in an actual vs match. Plus if he does do time travel, he runs the risk of merging with his past self and forgetting everything.

There's no limit to how much Saitama can use it from what we're shown. But here's the thing. We don't know if it's in character for Saitama to use his time travel in an actual vs match. Plus if he does do time travel, he runs the risk of merging with his past self and forgetting everything.
So there is limit or not? You said no limit and yet you continued to a counterargument that he may only use it once due to a fact of his consequences of memory loss?

It has to been stated the time travel does have limitations to it IIRC.
Yes exactly, people who say he can use it much as he can are just wrong. He only can use it once, and second, he won't able to. This is literally limited.

So there is limit or not? You said no limit and yet you continued to a counterargument that he may only use it once due to a fact of his consequences of memory loss?
That has nothing to do with the ability though? That just means Saitama doesn't have Acausalty. Plenty of characters have time travel but lack Acausalty.

The ability shouldn't be limited. It's a completely normal time travel with no limitation nor nothing.

What should be added regarding it is (imo) a paragraph that once he time travels he fuses with his past self (and as consequence loses his future self memory/abilities) at his Weakness section

That has nothing to do with the ability though? That just means Saitama doesn't have Acausalty. plenty of characters have time travel but lack Acausalty.
It is still a fact that he is only able to do it once in a match. It is limited. He can't spam the ability or re-use it again.

The ability shouldn't be limited. It's a completely normal time travel with no limitation nor nothing.

What should be added regarding it is (imo) a paragraph that once he time travels he fuses with his past self (and as consequence loses his future self memory/abilities) at his Weakness section
So the ability of time travel can be used once in a fight. Is he able to time travel to whatever he likes? (question)

So the ability of time travel can be used once in a fight.
No. He loses the memory of his future self. If the fight takes 23 hours, and he time travels to the beginning of the fight, he can use it again, because he time travelled at a point where he still remembers how to time travel

On the other hand, if he time travels back 2 years to one-shot his opponent, he'd fuse with his past self, and since his past self of 2 years ago doesn't know how to time travel, he can't use it again.

It's not like Saitama's time travel can only be used once, he can use it as long as he remembers how to. Why his chapter 169 can't? Because (as I want to list at his weakness section) after time travelling he fused with his past self and lost all the memories/strength he gained at the future
Is he able to time travel to whatever he likes? (question)
As long as it's back in time, Saitama's time travel doesn't seem to have limits about how far he can go.

No. He loses the memory of his future self. If the fight takes 23 hours, and he time travels to the beginning of the fight, he can use it again, because he time travelled at a point where he still remembers how to time travel

On the other hand, if he time travels back 2 years to one-shot his opponent, he'd fuse with his past self, and since his past self of 2 years ago doesn't know how to time travel, he can't use it again.

It's not like Saitama's time travel can only be used once, he can use it as long as he remembers how to. Why his chapter 169 can't? Because (as I want to list at his weakness section) after time travelling he fused with his past self and lost all the memories/strength he gained at the future

As long as it's back in time, Saitama's time travel doesn't seem to have limits about how far he can go back in time.
The only reason why Saitama gain the ability to time travel was because of Cosmic Garou.

Saitama could use time travel multiple times as long as he time traveled to a moment in time after he learned time travel.

For instance, if Garou taught Saitama time travel at the start of their fight on Earth before they were sent Io and then sometime during the fight Saitama decided to time travel back to Io, Saitama would still know how to time travel and could use it again as long as he doesn't time travel back to the moment before learning time travel.

Saitama could use time travel multiple times as long as he time traveled to a moment in time after he learned time travel.

For instance, if Garou taught Saitama time travel at the start of their fight on Earth before they were sent Io and then sometime during the fight Saitama decided to time travel back to Io, Saitama would still know how to time travel and could use it again as long as he doesn't time travel back to the moment before learning time travel.
But is not Garuo's involvement necessarily for time travel?
In verses matches, Garuo is not always there to teach him how to manipulate subatom to do the technique.

But his first-time usage is only valid as long as he knows the technique, and he can't know it unless Garuo taught him.
This Saitama is future Saitama, after learning Time Travel but before time travelling and/or disappearing by fusing with his past self. He already knows how to time travel, otherwise he wouldn't have such ability at his profile

Limited mean the ability is performed, or used in a Limited fashion, method, etc.........Saitama did it with his power, so there is no limited, he forget it doesn't mean suddenly he lose it or it become a limited, and it is not the weakness of the ability, at best you can listed this as Saitama own weakness that he fotget the ability after using it one, or something. Either way i disagree with the thread

Back