• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Adapt to my speed!!!

So what would've happened if Speed-o'-Sound Sonic fights Garou in the Headquarters Meeting?

IMG 20191012 074529
Scenario: Sitch gathers all criminals of the underground in the Headquarters Meeting Room. Before he could explain the topic of the gathering, a man in a tight black long-sleeved shirt announces his presence, introducing himself, Garou. He challenges everyone in the room to fight him to see who would be the strongest inside the room. He effortlessly takes down all of them, including the three A-Class bodyguards, with the exception of Sitch, who escapes in horror, and a man with a sheathed katana attached beside him. The man would be Speed-'o-Sound Sonic and introduces himself to Garou. The former was watching Garou how he was fighting and claims him to be a strong opponent. Sonic runs towards Garou with great speed, to the latter's surprise. Garou barely manages to dodge a slash attack and jumps back from him. Garou takes a stance while Sonic points his katana onto him. Sonic decides to delay his pursuit for a certain someone to have fun for a while, expressing with his iconic childish smile.

IMG 20191007 134800
IMG 20191007 134709
The Garou I'm using here is the Hero Hunter version. Sonic is Post-Training version. He is also armed with his standard equipments.

Distance: 30 meters

Speed is NOT equalized (Sonic has Massively Hypersonic+ speed)

Garou:

Speed-o'-Sound Sonic: 2

If Sonic goes for the kill, he will win:

After a few slashes Garou will be heavily injured. Even though Garou will adapt to his sword technique and lands a few blows on Sonic, Sonic would still be able to finish him with his Four Shadows Burial. Garou at this point isn't skilled or strong enough to survive that and/or adapt to it fast enough.

If Sonic doesn't go for the kill, then Garou will adapt to his speed and technique without being seriously injured. Then once Sonic goes for the Four Shadows Burial, it wouldn't be enough to finish him, and Garou will adapt to that as well. Even if Sonic pulls out the 10 Shadows Burial, Garou will already know how to deal with his shadow clones and be able to take him down.

Personally, I think Sonic wouldn't go for the kill immediately, ergo he'd drag out the fight to long and Garou would adapt and eventually defeat him. Though he may be infuriated that Garou can see through his moves and even dodge them, and decide to end it quickly.

Though I don't know the numbers, it may be possible that Sonic's sheer speed, and skill as well, would allow him to blitz Garou regardless of adaption. Especially if he notices Garou is adapting to his moves and tries to counter Garou's fighting style (much less adaptive than Garou, but he's no slouch when it comes to skill).

It's MHS Sonic. Garou would have the speed, Ap and DB advantage for being able to take attacks from Tank Top master and easily beat him. If Post G4 Genos is comparable to Tank Top Master than Garou should have the overall advantage against Sonic.

It's just from scaling past Metal Bat and TTT and from his speed being labeled "At least MHS+" but it makes sense. Either way, Garou has a clear advantage in AP and DB here and he would get faster mid battle regardless if he does or doesn't have the speed advantage.

Sonic FRA

Sonic matched with G4 Genos with a bit of speed advantage... hm... actually...

I really don't think Sonic's speed is a factor or deal breaker here and at worst Garou only is slight slower but that's unlikely if an extremely weakened Garou could keep up with post-G4 Genos who was going for the kill.

Garou beats Sonic in every other department with superior stamina, AP, DB, intelligence and skill. Garou is familiar with blades and is able to reflect blade attacks. Garou is used to fighting massive groups of enemies so 10 afterimages from someone who he is comparable in speed with and has an overall advantage against would be nothing. The worst thing Sonic can do is drag out the fight against Garou who has far superior stamina and adapts overtime so Sonic would tire himself out before Garou would even be a breaking a sweat and he can't really just end the battle quickly by getting serious against someone like Garou who he only is possibly faster than and only by a little.

I don't see how Sonic can really win this when his only advantage is a slightly superior speed that he may not have and him having a sword.

This is Garou at the meeting, not peak Hero Hunter Garou. And Sonic>Genos>Garou, so it's even greater than Sonic's advantage over Genos and Genos' advantage over Garou, who became stronger and faster from that fight, those AB heroes who nearly beat Garou earlier would stand zero chance against Genos. Garou has no blade experience, no projectile experience, and no experience against multiple enemies on S-Class level.

Most of what I said applies to Garou who was at the meeting who would be superior to Tank Top Master and Metal Bat since he didn't get any power ups before those fights so he would have the advantage in AP and Durability here for tanking attacks from TTM who is comparable to post G4 Genos and naturally his speed would be At Least MHS+ because that's what we have him as. Genos never had an advantage over Garou, at least not a geniune one, the only encounter he had with Garou besides the MHA is the one where Garou was weakened, poisoned and fatigued and that Garou said something along the lines that "In my state at the moment he's a problem for me" implying he wouldn't be otherwise which follows the scaling because he easily defeated TTM before. Garou doesn't need to experience S-class levels, he knows how to deal with Sonic's attacks and is able to do so and conversely we can say Sonic has no experience dealing with techinques and WSRCF on an S-class level so he is at a disadvantage, Sonic's kit isn't anything new to Garou besides afterimages that wouldn't work thanks to speed being comparable and Garou superior stats overall.

How does he know how to deal with Sonic's attacks? Never fought an S-Class level sword user (even backed off from Spring Mustachio rather than blocking his attacks), or ranged explosives thrown at that speed. Sonic trained at the ninja village with at least a few S-Class level ninjas in his class (as confirmed by the webcomic), so yes, he knows how to fight skilled opponents. Even if he's never seen WSRCF before, ninja graduates can counter techniques after seeing them once (stated in the webcomic). So Garou's adaption will take a lot longer to outlast Sonic.

He did afterimages to G4 Genos... so yeah, afterimages work on Garou.

But anyway, though Sonic could probably kill Garou, he'll lose for one simple reason: he won't go for the kill in time but will drag out the fight for fun.... guaranteeing Garou will win.

Spring Mustachio utilizes piercing attacks rather than sword slashes which is what Sonic uses so no comparison could be drawn there. The first time we see Garou fight someone who uses slashes and blade attacks was with Royal Ripper and he easily dealt with them as if he faced opponents who wielded blades offscreen before his Royal Ripper encounter so it's safe to assume this Garou has that ability too because he didn't use any new techniques when he faced Royal Ripper than he does in this match up. We have no idea how skilled those S-class ninjas are outside of them being from the village which produce ninjas with varying degrees of skill and we don't know if those ninja are as skilled as Garou. Sonic has never demonstrated the ability to counter techniques after seeing them once but if he can then he chooses not to do it in alot of his fights so he would probably only do it when he's serious or angry.

I forgot it worked on Genos but Garou could copy it I'm sure and I believe WSRCF reacts on it's own if the user is in danger or something like that in a databook so that would help against afterimages I'd imagine.

Spring Mustachio was doing nothing but slashing until his was lured into using his Tomboy Thrust. Garou easily dealt with Royal Ripper.... long after fighting Mustachio AND getting a power boost.

As for techniques, no, they aren't literal copycats like Garou that can steal others techniques (or even perfectly adapt against any type of fighting style), just countering others skill. Sonic has never fought any opponents who had martial art techniques other than other ninjas, Genos and Sea King were rather skilled, but didn't use any specific techniques twice on him.

Sure, Garou could probably copy it later.... but it would be far weaker than Sonic's (just like his use of Bomb's technique is far weaker), he wouldn't be able to copy it instantly (but yes, he would be able to counter it).

Murata stated that Bang uses the technique automatically due to his years of training, whereas Garou has to consciously make an effort to use it.

But again, I simply disagree with your reasoning on WHY Garo would win, Sonic not going for the kill would gurantee Garou would win.

I do think Sonic takes this, as Sonic's speed overwhelmed Genos at a certain point during their fight. And I agree with the reasonings above, except the part about S class Sword wielder mattering.

Sonic FRA

Thing is, Hero Hunter Garou varies in strength levels throughout the arc even without changing tiers. It depends on if full power healthy early Hero Hunter Garou is stronger than sick, fever induced, poisoned, weakened, fatigued, and injured but adapted after 3 S class, a few A class, and the AB class fight late Hero Hunter Garou

If that makes any sense

As much as possible, I'm using first introduction Garou here, the exact version he was on that meeting. If that doesn't work or fare evenly, then we'll be using Hero Hunter Garou who has fought Tanktop Master and Metal Bat.

Still goes back to the question of whether full power beginning of the arc Garou with no strength increases from fighting notable AB and S class heroes is stronger than the weakened, poisoned, insert whatever else I said above......at the very end of Hero hunter before transitioning to half monster.

Since that weakened Garou was able to keep up with G4 Genos who in turn could fight on par with Sonic though he was slower. And the fact that Sonic flawlessly dodged machine gun blows while Garou got hit by a few. But then there's adaption to make up for that. If he's around G4 Genos level speed in this fight then he can adapt to Sonic. If he's alot slower then he probably dies

Jo-Smooth said:
Still goes back to the question of whether full power beginning of the arc Garou with no strength increases from fighting notable AB and S class heroes is stronger than the weakened, poisoned, insert whatever else I said above......at the very end of Hero hunter before transitioning to half monster.
I would say that the weakened one is stronger since he took hits from angered Bang (who could arguably be holding back to not kill him) then Bomb.

Tetsucabrah said:
Sonic would be unarmed in this situation. Fighting Garou hand to hand seems like an uphill battle.
Well, although I based this battle on the Prophecy Meeting, I made the scenario such that Sonic would be armed.

Back