• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ad Distant Astra -Final Fantasy VII- New Tiering and Keys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doesn't it almost kills the party, leaving them with extremely low healt? In that case we can't assume they are totally comparable or even superior to it (even though they would probably fall in a similar tier, I think).

I also remember that there are some differences in how the attack works between the Japanese and western version of the game, but I don't know them.
In the jp version they can take it and be relatively fine. In the western version it will always take 15/16ths of the party's health but never kill them.

Surface area gets e43 joules or so, just using VSBW's milky way GBE and earth sun distance

our scaling issue is dealt with by an interview and by characters like cloud being physically relative to sephiroth.

‘During the Relay Battle, someone says, “That’s ignoring the laws of physics, isn’t it?” and Nomura’s reply was, “They won the battle because they were doing the impossible.”’

Interview explaining Cloud beat Bahamut in AC because he had willpower. Willpower in verse makes you stronger it seems

It was universally agreed that the dimensions used for their summons in FFVII were actually created by the casters when I discussed it the TartaChocolate and Everlasting on Discord a while back. And furthermore, it was agreed that they use the same universal power system; aka Limit Breaks to do the feats; which is also something that amplifies physical powers as much as any magical abilities. So it meets the Criteria on creation feats DontTalkDT laid out. Also, the foreground shattering is meant to be a literal interpretation that the characters literally shattering their own pocket dimensions; which is a back up that it scales to striking strength and durability of the caster.
That needs evidence. That is a terrible reason to scale this would-be Creation feats to other stats, you're just saying that they get amped and that does nothing, let alone how it contradicts summons that only destroy a bit of the area around in the whole dimension where they're summoned. Once again the shattering happening before it means that's just the way in which the Dimensional Travel happens, as no dimension is destroyed when the summons start. All of that I take as very simple.
Limit breaks are done using spiritual energy which powers everything else in the verse
including materia and physical feats

By virtue, sephiroth would scale to supernova directly.
Powers being one's own can be said of any verse that nonetheless has attacks that don't scale to one's other stats, and this is a bit unusual by way of being a meteor that hits a sun and triggers it to blow up in an unrealistic manner, if there's still magic/gimmicks to the resulting explosion.

There's still no reason as to why Seph would be taking the attack himself.

I do believe you, but can't really keep up with all the things would should still need separate evidence. It would really come in handy to show that in profiles and the verse pages. "Seph being able to harm the party who can survive Supernova and he himself not getting harmed by it" isn't the same with that info added. I still believe that, since it has gimmicks to it, the sun blowing up isn't affecting Seph, but can find reasonable that he may punch as hard himself based on what you say.

Cyber literally explained it, Supernova is done using spiritual energy that Sephiroth uses for all of his attacks. Furthermore, there is also something brought up here in the Discussion Rules.
  • Please avoid creating content revision threads questioning the legitimacy of Sephiroth's supernova feat. It has been discussed several times and accepted as valid. This does not include any future revisions after the Final Fantasy VII remake.
Also, I brought it up referring to this
  • Even though there is concrete evidence for pocket reality creations to qualify as an Attack Potency feat; it should not be assumed to scale to physical statistics without some notable scaling reasons. Examples include on screen demonstrations, examples of destruction, or information that the same pool of energy used to create said dimension can translate to the same amount of energy being used for other abilities including but not limited to physical strikes.
All the bolded parts are indeed things included in Final Fantasy VII and very much apply to Sephiroth. It's exactly what Limit Breaks are and the destruction visuals are indeed there especially in the canon Japanese version, the "Destroying space" description is a back up indicator, and the creation in the first place is the same universal energy source as both the supernova and all of Sephiroth's physical strikes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back