• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acnologia vs Ainz

Status
Not open for further replies.
@IKazi

Sure you've read what TGOALID can do, you simply don't understand it is all.

Also you do realize that Ainz durability is calculated without the insane amount of buffs he can cast on himself right? And that his greater teleportation is planetary? He can buff to his hearts content, its instantaneous. Case in point, TGOALID will be insanely easy to pull off, especially with speed equalizied, its a stomp

Jugger47 said:
No, we are already past this IKazi, honestly you denying this is going to get you no where anymore. Its already been proven and people have given scan after scan, you just don't want to accept the words "bypass any immunities or resistance" This is a stomp, Ainz is too smart to not use TGOALID after realizing his opponents strength very early on. So either make a seperate thread about resistance/immunity negation or just stop.
To say that it can bypass any immunities or resistance without limit is nothing but a very NLF statement, specially when it hasn't shown to be able to bypass all immunities or resistence.

The fact that TGOALID is made from magic still stands, and the fact that acnologia can eat and resist magic is still there. So i'm gonna go with what makes the most sense and that is acnologia is able to resist and eat the TGOALID because it's made from magic.

Unless TGOALID has shown feats of being able to bypass someone with strong magic resistance like acnologia, i have no reason to assume it can.

Ikazi I'm going to post the feat again and you read it out loud to yourself :

---

Then, Ainz's trump card took effect.

In that moment — the world died.

This was not metaphorical.

Everything died.

The Einherjar evaporated into white mist as it couched its lance, and dispersed before Ainz's eyes. Even a homunculus with no concept of life died instantly. Shalltear's familiars shared the same fate, unable to resist the destruction which overtook them.

That was not all.

Even the air — which was not even alive to begin with — fell into death. For over one hundred meters in all directions, the air was no longer breathable. If any living creature tried to respire within that area, their lungs would be corrupted by the deadly air, and they would die.

Neither did the land escape the embrace of death. The terrain in a hundred meter radius was instantly transmuted into sand.

Only Shalltear and Ainz could move in this world, where only death remained.

Ainz's trump card, ÒÇîThe Goal Of All Life Is DeathÒÇì strengthened the effect of instant death magic and skills. Thus augmented, those instant-death effects could bypass any immunities or resistance and kill their targets after a certain amount of time had passed.

One could resist it by using a resurrection effect on themselves within twelve seconds, as Shalltear had.

The air and the land had also died because of that effect.

Jugger47 said:
@IKazi
Sure you've read what TGOALID can do, you simply don't understand it is all.

Also you do realize that Ainz durability is calculated without the insane amount of buffs he can cast on himself right? And that his greater teleportation is planetary? He can buff to his hearts content, its instantaneous. Case in point, TGOALID will be insanely easy to pull off, especially with speed equalizied, its a stomp
No matter how much he boost himself, he will still be 6-c. He doesn't have any other keys other than 6-c, so we won't be able to use other keys. "possibly planetary via teleportation." It's not 100% known whether it's planetary or not so we can't say for sure, also ainz wont get very close to his enemy that would be risky. He likes to fight from far away, unless the enemy is not a threat to him.

Without speed equalized, acno is much faster than ainz. But ainz has teleportion, but he will have less chance to attack at all because he has to teleport all the time. Also this is set in the Ravines of Time, acnologia own home base. Ainz won't be able to hide from acnologia, since acnologia controls the space around them..

@IKazi

Its defiently far enough no matter what, in the latest volume Ainz routinely teleports between his tomb and the holy kingdom, which is hundreds of miles apart. Acno cannot even touch him with teleportation being with just thoughts.He certainly doesn't need to be able to hide. And get close? His range on his attack spells are atleast tens of kilometers(40-60 KMs)....possibly hundreds. And speed IS equalized.

You know alot of us are being pretty generous not even mentioning Wish Upon a Star right? Since its not even disallowed in this fight. Ainz can even reality warp...This is a complete stomp. This fight would have to be with Wish upon a Star and TGOALID restricted for Acno to win.

Btw, with the amount of votes Ainz has this is entering grace period. IKazi refuses to accept TGOALID's removal of ANY immunity/resistances and we have already moved past that.

Right now its

Acnologia -1

Ainz Ooal Gown - 11

Inconslusive 3

@Jugger47

"Its defiently far enough no matter what, in the latest volume Ainz routinely teleports between his tomb and the holy kingdom, which is hundreds of miles apart." That's a great feat for ainz.

But like i said before, no matter where he teleports inside the ravines of time. Acnologia will still be able to find him and start attacking again, ainz would just have to teleport away all the time.

@IKazi

Yes he does have to keep teleporting...which he can do easily? With speed equalized whats faster? Mere thoughts or movements? He can easily keep in range of tens of kiliometers to pull off TGOALID. What exactly are you trying to argue here? I honestly don't understand .

@Jugger47

It doesn't matter if he teleports far away anyway, acnologia will find him easily and start attacking again. I have argued many times on why TGOALID isn't gonna work, acnologia can just eat the attack because it's made out of magic.

TGOALID is only a buff, what ainz is using is nothing but instant death magic that was boosted by TGOALID. Acnologia will just eat the magic from the attack and the attack itself will be gone. Even zeref, someone who has instant death magic can't defeat acnologia so i don't see how it will work on acnologia.

@ IKazi

Acno being able to find him easily is completely irrelevant. It doesn't matter, hes not nearly fast enough to catch him when teleportation is insantaneous, therefore Ainz can easily do whatever he wants, he can disengage, and rengage freely, and simply stay within whatever range he so desires. (Ainz also has clairvoyance, lol)

And yes, you have repeated time and time again about TGOALID, but I and not only I have already said, it bypasses any immunity/resistances. So unless you have any other feasible way Acno can possibly kill ainz before the 12 seconds TGOALID is up, its a stomp. Acno can never get to actually target ainz with greater teleportation being instant and far more than enough range needed.

@Jugger47

Acnologia has attacks that ranges hundreds of kilometers, it doesn't matter where ainz teleports. Acnologia will know where ainz is at since he controls the space around them and knows the landscape better then ainz. He will easily start attacking again, not giving ainz time to do anything.

It hasn't shown to bypass all resistance and immunities, the only feat it has is killing someone who is already dead. You're assuming it can kill someone with high magic resistance like acnologia, when ainz hasn't shown any feats of doing. Also like i said many time again and again, there is nothing stopping acnologia from eating the attack itself since it's made from magic.

Ainz can use TGOALID once, and after acnologia eats the TGOALID. Ainz won't be able to use it again for the next 100 hours.

Wish upon a star isn't gonna work either, ainz hasn't shown to be able to kill anyone with it. So there is no reason for me to assume it can.

@IKazi

I'm not even going to argue with you about TGOALID anymore, im done with that.

Anyways, about the other things. Giving Ainz no time? What are you talking about? Look at this modifier called silent magic ainz has. Its a modifier that causes any spells he uses with it to become instant. All Ainz has to do is wait the 12 seconds for TGOALID (which is a skill not a spell therefore cannot be interrupted) and cast whatever death effect spell he wants+Silent Magic it would be insantly. Ainz has plently of time. And unless you are trying to say Acno has faster reaction times than a battle genius like Ainz could possibly think, this a stomp.

Also, reminder that Ainz has clairvoyance.and can see where Acno is at all times aswell and what hes doing.

@Jugger47

What i mean by not giving ainz no time is, not allowing ainz to go far away to activate powerful spells even tho it won't help. Because acnologia will either resist it or eat them.

The only thing ainz had for him was TGOALID, because it won't be able to work dua to acnologia magic resistance and absorption. There is no way for ainz to kill acnologia, and i don't see how acnologia is gonna kill ainz either so this a inconclusiv match.

@IKazi

Silent magic is a spell mechanic so it can be used with all spells(except super tier spells, thats an outlier).And even if it can't Ainz can most certainly use it with True Death as he did in the novels, making it instant and silent. (he didn't have to say it, he just thought it)

And I'm sorry but the vast majority of people in this thread have already accepted TGOALID as being able to bypass any immunities/resistances. So I myself am not going to argue on that subject anymore.

@IKazi

Actually I have one more thing to say on TGOALID...

So, Shalltear is already dead and being dead is to be immune to instant death effects passively right? But TGOALID, was obviously able to bypass that. So, what you are saying is since Anco is resistant to magic it would not work, but you know on his profile its classified as resistance and not even immunity right? Don't get me wrong even if he had immunity TGOALID would still bypass it, but you are arguing from an even lower position than total immunity....Something shalltear atleast had

And I find the fact that you are asking for such a specifc feat like an oppononent he is facing having Magic immunity and him using TGOALID completely and utterly ridiculous. From that logic, we wouldn't even be able to have these discussions on MANY other Versus battles as there are constantly never these ideal feats.

Therefore we go by what feats they do have, and Ainz already has been shown to be able to completely bypass an Immunity which is stronger than a resistance. And the actual scan of the skill is said to bypass Any immunities/resistances...I mean I honestly don't think you have a good position to argue against this in the slightest.

Anyways, I respect what you think but the majority of us have already accepted TGOALID being able to bypass Acnos resistance, so I'll just stay quiet untill either another counter arguement is brought up or when grace period is over.

@Jugger47

Being immune to death and being immune/resistance to magic is 2 completely different abilities, there is no comparison between them because they work differently. To acnologia the ability of the enemy doesn't mean anything to him as long he is resistance to their magic, he can both eat their attacks and resist them because they're made out of magic.

The only feat the TGOALID has is killing a undead, there is no other feat to this skill other than being able to kill a undead. Everything else about this skill is a pure assumtion based, it has no feat of killing someone with a strong magic resistance like acnologia and i have no reason to assume it can.

The only thing the TGOALID does is boost ainz instant death magic, as long as his instant death magic is magic based, i see no reason for why acnologia can not resist and eat it like all the other magic based abilities he has resisted and eaten.

For acnologia, the ability means nothing if it's magic based. He can eat them and resist them, this is for both his dragon form and his human form.

https://readms.net/r/fairy_tail/542/4388/5

https://readms.net/r/fairy_tail/542/4388/9

I have said all i can about this battle, and the reason for my vote. It's up to what the owner of this thread does next, i'm taking my break.

It has not been shown that Ainz can actually cast anything suring Tgoalid, which is what the vote seems to be based on. Sorry for bad grammar im on my phone

OpMasada said:
It has not been shown that Ainz can actually cast anything suring Tgoalid, which is what the vote seems to be based on. Sorry for bad grammar im on my phone
He used Cry of the Banshee AFTER casting TGoALiD

it is a spell that has good synergy with his skill. That doesn't mean it's literally the only spell he can cast afterwards, that makes little to no sense.

Yet he casted no other spells during the entire 12 seconds. Also inchar ainz wouldnt use Tgoalid in this fight, he would run the **** away if he saw some unknown being vastly stronger than him lolnoping all of his magic.

He didn't need to. You're forgetting the fight went exactly as he wanted it to and he knew everything about Shalltear. So there was no reason for him to do anything more. You said he hasn't shown to use spells after and that's wrong. He has used a spell that's simply extremely convenient and synergies with TGoALiD so there is literally no reason he can't use other spells.

I didn't know running was an option. If it was every clairvoyant in a losing match would run the **** away.

If he sees Ac lolnoping his magic via resistance then what makes you think he wouldn't use the thing that NEGATES it?

Because of his character? The paranoid and highly cautious guy that would never in character unnecesarily reveal his trump card to an unknown guy when he could oh so easily teleport away and try to obtain more info about acno? Hes not some prideful bastard that wouldn run away you know.

You say he didnt need to cast spells, but he also didnt need to risk taking damage simply because he didnt have to cast magic, which is an even more sily thought when the rest of his plan was relying on a physical match through the gear of his friends followed by damaging himself even more with fallen D

I think they would be. Let's say someone had fear manip but only used it to make other run away from him. If he made the opponent run away then that should count as a win. In this same idea here, if Ainz didn't want to fight Acno and since he can actually get away with his teleport. I feel like he would leave and this would count as Acno's win. I don't know if there is a rule for this so if I am wrong please feel free to correct me. SBA does say usual battle strategies are in play and if Ainz is the type of guy to do this then I don't see anything wrong with it.

State of mind: In character, but willing to kill. The characters will employ their usual battle strategies, including flaws such as being casual, however, must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't.

^^^^ there goes teleporting away

Listen bud we could all day about it but the fact of the matter is TGoALiD doesn't restrict the use of spells. There's no reason it should and he even uses a spell after its activation. Show me where it says anywhere that it prohibits the use of spells and how Cry of the Banshee is the sole exception. Please I insist.. show me and I'll drop my case. You're being just as unreasonably as Ikazi and I can't for the life of me understand why.

@everyone Grace periods over so if anyone wants to close and add this by all means go ahead.

Where does it say teleporting away isn't allowed? If you're talking about " must be willing to kill the opponent even if they usually won't." it doesn't mean that the opponents are forced to fight each other. It means that if Captain America fights Spiderman he might snap Spidey's neck in order to win, even if he is a superhero that would usually never kill. This doesn't effect Ainz not wanting to fight at all, since I'm pretty Ainz is willing to kill his opponents when he wants to.

@Dragon

And this is a scenario where he wants to. He is willing to kill his opponent.

Also before legitimately trying to bring Ainz BFRing himself as an argument read the OP again please.

? I thought it was agreed that Ainz wouldn't fight an opponent that's resistant to magic in general and he knows nothing about. So are you arguing that he would stick around and immediately try fighting the dude who can no sell most of his attacks? Acno can BFR Ainz outside of the ravines. If we agree that Ainz wouldn't fight an opponent he knows nothing about then instead of trying to fight the dragon, he would teleport away after getting out.

except we don't agree. Ainz will fight Ac and he will use TGoALiD once he sees Grasp heart and the likes don't work. You know why? Because as you said he knows nothing about him and his go to move doesn't work. So he'll use his trump card which WILL work. And then he'll call it a day and go home. He overestimates the enemy literally all the time in fights unless he knows for a fact they're no threat and if he's facing someone who resists death magic there's no reason as to why he wouldn't press "I win" in a fight to the death, which I will gladly remind you is a FIGHT TO THE DEATH. There is no win via BFR so this argument of yours is pointless no matter which way you look at it.

So it's in character for Ainz to use TGOALID if nothing else works? I don't think you're interpreting SBA correctly. This is not a fight to the death. It says that if a character has to, they will kill. If a character has a nonlethal move that they use in character, it is entirely possible to win a battle without killing the opponent. Such moves include things like Sealing, Power Null and then walking away, BFR that takes the opponent to a nonlethal place, and many others. The characters aren't required to kill each other, just keep them knocked out, incapitated, or far away until a certain amount of time passes. My argument was that if Ainz wouldn't fight someone that ignores all of his attacks and becomes stronger by eating them, instead of revealing his trump card. He would like you said overestimate the opponent, leave and learn about the enemy in case his trump card doesn't work and at that point he would be screwed because he would be fighting someone who could ignore immunity to death magic. How the fight would go in this scenario is Acno BFRs Ainz to the human world, Ainz attacks the dragon Acno and notices the dragon ignoring time stop and all of his normal magics he usually uses, Ainz teleports somewhere else to learn about Acno and Acno wins since Ainz left. If it is in his nature to blindly throw all of his attacks at an enemy that would visibly make the enemy stronger and then throw his ultimate move at the enemy ignoring that he doesn't know if this will also make the enemy stronger, then yeah Ainz would win this.

@DragonEmperor23

Part of Ainz character is to experiment....all the time. I think he would be very curious to see if TGOALID would affect him.....(spoiler it would). I myself also totally expect Ainz to fight.

How is resisting Magic somehow equating to resisting death inducement? Stuff like The Goal of All Life is Death completely bypasses crap like magic Defense, which is textbook definition of Magic Resistance.

Also the post above is SO MUCH WRONG. dear lord.

"So it's in character for Ainz to use TGOALID if nothing else works?"

Yes.

" I don't think you're interpreting SBA correctly. This is not a fight to the death. It says that if a character has to, they will kill."

If an enemy is strong enough to be on his level, he almost always goes to kill them period. Immediately tries to kill.

"My argument was that if Ainz wouldn't fight someone that ignores all of his attacks and becomes stronger by eating them, instead of revealing his trump card."

Except he wouldn't. Ainz would teleport away, apply a crap ton of buffs, come back, and The Goal of All Life is Death his ass.

"fighting someone who could ignore immunity to death magic."

Citation please. Magic resistance does not equate to Death Manipulation.

"How the fight would go in this scenario is Acno BFRs Ainz to the human world, "

Would never happen since Ainz would never let Acnologia get a hit in since he's a dragon; Dragons in Yggdrassil, even ones the size of small rooms, can be anywhere between level 90 to max level. Because Acnologia is a large dragon, he'd immediately take him seriously.

"Ainz teleports somewhere else to learn about Acno and Acno wins since Ainz left"

That's not how that works dude. BFR only works in a specific amount of time; here I'll even quote it from the SBA Page. "removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR)", so Ainz teleporting away for like 2 days will not make him lose at all.

"If it is in his nature to blindly throw all of his attacks at an enemy that would visibly make the enemy stronger and then throw his ultimate move at the enemy ignoring that he doesn't know if this will also make the enemy stronger, then yeah Ainz would win this."

Your argument is completely banking on the fact that Ainz teleporting away = instant loss when it isn't. Ainz can literally spend 3 days preparing far away from Acnologia and come back and he'd still won't BFR-Lose. Also, he doesn't need to use his ultimate move as Acnologia doesn't resist any of Ainz's other Death Manipulation spells. Magic Resistance =/= Death Resistance.

I'm pretty sure that Ainz needs to be BFR'd for 24 hours in order to lose. It wouldn't take him that long to go get the guardians or pick up some world items.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back