• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Ace Heat

One Piece has some revision that still need to be taken care of and this one is one of the many. This particular thread will be about everybody favorite dead flame guy of the series, Portgas D. Ace. Now this is about his feat that he performed in Drum Island. This here is the calc for the feat: https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/User_blog:The_Calaca/One_Piece_Calcs_Mashup#26km_version.3D

Some people has question that this feat is invalid, which I disagree with. Firstly, when Ace show up on Drum Island, an island that is considered to be a winter island within the Grand Line, stop snowing.

While it true that we shouldn't assume that everyday will be a snowy day just because it is a winter island, however, it is weird that that the guy in this sca questions that the day in particular when Ace arrived wasn't snowing. We come to a conclusion that on that day when Ace arrived, it was supposed to be snowing but it wasn't. It can believed that Ace and the ambient heat he released was the cause of this phenomenon.

In fact, in the Ace Novel, it is shown that Ace is possible of such a feat.

[Check here, Chapter 2 - https://dawnofonepiece.com/novel-a-volume-2-full-summary/].

It is here, stated by Ben Beckman, that due to Ace's presence alone, the snowstorm that was engulfing the island was gone and the moment he left, the snowstorm came back.

I'm going to be completely honest, I'm not sure if we should use this. I think the assumptions are fair but I can understand why would people think it's not good to use.

It's consistent with the current standings for the High Tiers, either end is chosen, but the odds are large enough to believe this is dubious.

With that being said, I'm neutral about this. If anything, his range should be upgraded to tens of kilometers considering he can affect whole islands with his aura alone.

I definitely don't think that this should be used. Primarily because of the number of assumptions and how what is depicted in the manga doesn't really line up with what is being calced.

If the calculations made too many assumptions, I think it is best not used.

The range though could probably be updated to tens of kilometers like The Calaca explained

I already addressed that too many assumptions were made the last time this was brought up. Commanders might get a much much larger upgrade anyway if 6-B One piece stays and we finally apply various feats.

So due to a number of assumptions and how the feat was calculated, this feat is deemed invalid for now. At least two things are coming from this thread:

I agree with upgrading Ace's range to tens of kilometers and Heat Aura (surprised he hasn't gotten it already).

Can I ask for the assumptions against the feat are?

Back