• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It's literally her ability, the Makahadoma , is a Technique she developed using her teigu (that gives her the ability of ice manipulation), unless she somehow was born with the ability to directly control time and space she has to use it to affect time and space, that medium would be negated by the field as it's not directly controlling it like let's say ZA WORUDO

it would just not affect accelerator and not reflect the time stop to her

@malox

Her time stop is described as her freezing time and space

The freezing bit is not her literally using ice though

@scr

She can only use it once a day because it takes alot of stamina, she usually uses it if in danger or as a last resort iirc

Paul Frank said:
@malox
Her time stop is described as her freezing time and space

The freezing bit is not her literally using ice though
exactly she freezes time and space by using her teigu, that teigu power can be affected by the field, so when it would try to freeze the area around accel (time and space around the AIM too) it would just do nothing

She just uses it if she finds it necessary. It strains her but she can still go on fighting normally if she uses it only once.

@malox

So your saying accelerator deflects her time stop because she freezes it in an area around herself instead of the entire universe

Paul Frank said:
@malox
So your saying accelerator deflects her time stop because she freezes it in an area around herself instead of the entire universe
no, she can even affect the entire universe but time is not same for everything u know that right (aka mass gravity time and space dilation) ? It would just not affect the area around him

again she is using her teigu powers to affect time and space it's not direct control

EmperorDoom25 said:
Scrlk666777 said:
That makes more sense, what are her limits and when does she mostly use time stop?
When she is in danger most likely
This might be a problem for her then as she might not realize she's in danger until it's too late. Although that said, this Accel (I'm assuming it's pre headshot), likes to toy with others and take his time, which is probably why tree diagram said that he would defeat Misaka in 128 moves, but really he can defeat her in one, if he really wanted to.

Accel is a difficult one in a danger sense as to most, he probably looks quite harmless, unless you know him and his abilities. So for example if he wanted to make her blood explode, she might not realize she's in danger until it's too late. Because let's face it to most, a skinny white haired person, who looks like someone anyone can break in two wouldn't raise the danger alarm bell.

She might see him reflecting stuff as dangerous, which is most likely what he would be mostly doing during the fight. Esdeath would be the one attacking and he would just be standing there reflecting her attacks until he got bored.

Accel may be his own downfalll in this match.

@malox

She literally has time stop on the profile

Her ability is described as freezing space and time

The fact that it is a power that she gained from her teigu doesn't change this at all

Esdeath fra

.... well yes it does, this is no different from a bullet that can stop time, it just uses her teigu power as a medium, it would not work

any way stomp for accel

Paul Frank said:
She doesn't hit him to stop time or anything though
She just kinda does it
she affects time and space using the power of the teigu to freeze space and time, the moment it tries to affect the field to freeze the time and space of accel surrounding AIM it would just be negated and not affect him, while everything else stops apart from her

That's not how timestop works. While he's, resistance to extreme cold is enough to resist her timestop, she doesn't literally freeze time, as it's metaphorical freezing. Her ice powers are just advanced to extend to a metaphorical level.

The real cal howard said:
That's not how timestop works. While he's, resistance to extreme cold is enough to resist her timestop, she doesn't literally freeze time, as it's metaphorical freezing. Her ice powers are just advanced to extend to a metaphorical level.
It isn't anymore.

resistance has nothing to do with this tho, it's just the medium, unless the teigu power changed to time and space manipulation, the ability is just an application that stops time, but it still requires the teigu power as a medium

the difference is important as it's the same difference between having an ability that let u always win and an ability that creates a situation where u always win

So you're telling me

That even though she has the ability to stop time in space

She can also use her Teigu as ice manipulation

So it won't work

Malox, stop, literally no one agrees with you on this.

I'll wait for further input, cause I'd say Esdeath easily takes this cause this version of Accelerator isn't exactly serious from the get-go, but the discussion regarding Time Stop is still a thing...at least from what I came upon so far.

Schnee One said:
So you're telling me
That even though she has the ability to stop time in space

She can also use her Teigu as ice manipulation

So it won't work

Malox, stop, literally no one agrees with you on this.
1 she has a teigu that as ice manipulation

2 that ability lets her stop time

We are clear on this right ?

By that logic, Dio can stop time with his stand

But he can also punch with it

So his time stop fails

Or

Reinhard can use his spear as an instant hit 1-A deleting attack

But he can also smack people with it normally so it fails

ok respond to my question so u can understand

does her ability to stop time comes as a consequence of her using the teigu that lets her manipulate ice/temperature ?

I see what you're trying to get at

Yes it comes from the same power source

No it has nothing to do with ice

"Yes, but it has nothing to do with it "

so u are arguing the teigu has both ice manipulation and direct space-time manipulation ?

Well ok can i ask u why ? Considering i did read the manga from when it was out and it was stated it only had ice manipulation ?

Because Ice Manipulation and Time Stop are very obviously unrelated abilities unless you honestly think they're the same because she can do both.

First straw man now black or white loaded answer and false cause

her ability to stop time comes from her ability to manipulates ice, to the point she can affect space and time, it was never stated to have other abilities

in fact there is no space and time manipulation in her profile

I don't even know what that first sentence meant, it's also not a straw man as that's literally what you're arguing,

Yes, now how can Accelerator reflect Ice that freezes space time?

Time Stop is on her file.

Yes accel can't be affected by ice that freeze time, same reason he can deflect bullet that stop time

Yes TIME STOP is on the profile

Does the attack have a vector? If so preheadshot Accel would most likely be unaffected. Does Esdeath freeze time for everything all at once or does the ability radiate out with her at the center? Assuming that the time stop counts as something like an Esper power that Accelerator would be able to understand the vectors of since preheadshot Accel didn't know anything about magic.

You seem to be misinterpreting how her time stop works

She isn't actually using ice to stop time

She isn't hitting time with her ice, she isn't hitting someone with ice to time stop them

She is stopping time using the same powersource as her ice powers that is the only connection

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back