• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acausality Type 4 or Resistance to Power Null?.

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Ok so Ari has resistance to Beiloune's hax. Now Beiloune classified the other protagonists like Rosaly, Linda (Okage: Shadow King), and such with their intelligence and power.

Now after hanging out with Ari they get some resistance to Beiloune's hax. Now at the end of the game, all of Beiloune's classification effects disappeare, however the characters still keep the power, skill and intelligence and abilites they got "classified" with while everything and everyone else change.

Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.

Deviants don't lose their powers, memories or anything else when Beiloune's classifications end even though they received them from classification. They can't be classified like an ordinay person, they don't have a set fate and their presence causes others who are effected by Fate Manipulation to no longer be effected. Deviants don't seem effected by the laws of reality like a normal person. Even Beiloune stated that even the strongest "Classifications" don't last long on them.

I mean

I'd rather classify it as like Acausality more than anything

But resistance to power null would be the thing if it has to be anything

Completely forgot about Acausality. Which type would this be? Type 1

Sounds more like Type 4 since in this case they're just operating on a different form of cause/effect than everyone else.

Like if normal causality is a line they're on a line next to it.

That makes sense. Man, being a Deviant makes you OP.

Honestly it just sounds like classic game logic. But if we have to assign a power to it, even tho I don't think it's necessary, it would be resistance to Power Nullification I guess.

I don't think it's game logic considering they are "Deviants" which means they aren't effected by things that normal people would be effected by.

How should I put this?...

A "Deviant" is a person who isn't effected by the normal laws of reality as a normal person would be. Beiloune is able to "classify" people and aspects of the world. He could "classify" someone to become sick and they will become sick, however if he tried to classify a "Deviant" they would either not become sick right away, not be as sick as the other person or outright be completely unaffected.

A "Deviant" can do things that no normal person can do. Take Ari for example, he can see and interact with Nonexistent beings like the people in... I literally forgot the name of the town but it starts with a T. Anyway, these people don't exist in Beiloune's world nor do they exist in the main Universe, history itself changed and erased everything they have ever done, no one remembers them, they can't be seen, heard, or even interacted with. However since Ari was a "Deviant" he could see, hear and interact with them even after he returned from being just like them.

"Deviants" cannot be truly classified. Even when Beiloune uses his strongest "Classification" effects they resist them and if they got effected the effects would were off soon. Even with the power to control Fate, Beiloune could not effect a Full "Deviant" like Ari and if a non "Deviant" stays around a full "Deviant" long enough they to become a "Deviant" but to a lesser degree.

As shown in the game, this isn't just bound to Beiloune's "classification" or his world because even after all his classification disappear due to the world library, Ari's friends who have become "Deviants" but not to his extent still hold all the knowledge, powers they where classified with before becoming "Deviants". Phantom Evil King's body is literally just an illusion and corporeal attacks don't work on him, however the main cast can ignore this and have a chance to touch him with physical attacks during combat. Showing that "Deviants" don't follow the same rules as everyone else.

I hope that explains what a "Deviant" is.

Doesn't that contradict what you said in the OP? You say here that Deviants aren't affected by classification, but in the OP you say they were affect by the classification but the didn't lose their power.

Ari's companies are not Deviants by nature, they become them after hanging out with him enough. The got "classified" before they even meet him and became Deviants.

Nope. They don't become Deviants until later in the game which NY that time, they already have several powers. Plus they still keep all the knowledge, skill and titles/ranks they had before becoming Deviants. Said stuff was "Classified" for them to have and once Beiloune's classifications ended. They were the only ones who kept everything while everyone and everything else went back to normal.

That's what I mean. They were classified before and after they became Deviants they made the powers their own.

I see, That however wouldn't change that Deviants operate on a different cause and effect then everyone else.

Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.

Deviants don't lose their powers, memories or anything else when Beiloune's classifications end even though they received them from classification. They can't be classified like an ordinay person, they don't have a set fate and their presence causes others who are effected by Fate Manipulation to no longer be effected. Deviants don't seem effected by the laws of reality like a normal person. Even Beiloune stated that even the strongest "Classifications" don't last long on them.

I don't know. Retaining abilities given by someone doesn't seem like the same thing as resisting someone trying to strip you of those abilities. Power null resistance is a no.

Acausality I also wouldn't go with unless this phenomena was actually explained this way. From the description in the OP alone, acauasality is a big stretch. No on that as well.

Yes but they are the only ones to retain said things. That definitely has to be a power.

If the characters aren't effected by the normal laws that everyone else it effected by, wouldn't that mean they are on a different system?.

Not being affected by something that affects everything else does not automatically equate to being outside the very system of cause and effect making everyone be affected by something.

If there isn't a proper explanation given for how they escaped the effect then we likely just don't have enough information to classify it as a power.

But that's what a Deviant is. Things don't apply to them like it would a normal person.

The verse is based of the rules of Classification. In the game, if someone is classified as sick, they are sick. If someone is Classified as unlucky, they are unlucky. If someone is Classified as a scared person, they will be a scared person. Classification allowed Beiloune to change the destinies of others, altering their Fates to make them be anything he wanted them to be, playing out their lives like a game.

"Deviants" like Ari are shown and stated to be "not Classified" and are shown to be nearly incapable of being Classified as something and even when they get Classified with the strongest levels of Classification it doesn't last long. His fate is something that can't be manipulated and he doesn't follow the normal rules like Normal people due. When a Deviant is around other people, they slowly become Deviants themselves but to a lesser degree.

This is the explanation they give us on what a Deviant is. Beings who aren't effected the same way a normal person is effected. That sounds like they operate on a different system of cause and effect to me but it likely I don't understand Acausality Type 4 that well, if that's the case then my apologies.

Acausality type 4 is existing outside normal cause and effect, so someone having type 4 will not be affected by things normal people are affected by.

But if someone is not affected by things that normal people are, that doesn't mean Acausality is the only explanation.

I remember a thread a while back where Causality Manipulation was proposed to a character who was writing reality because "rewriting reality was a listed as a part of causality manipulation". Okay this case may not completely be the same but it still mistakes having similar effects to an ability for being evidence of that ability.

I see what you mean, I'll see if I can find some solid evidence. For right now I'll close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back