• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Why is Type 4 acausality Interactable?

TheUnshakableOne

She/Her
VS Battles
Retired
Im curious to know what the wikis reasoning is on Type 4 Acausality being interactable by Ordinary beings.

This is what it says on the page

"Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others."

I feel it should be uninteractable by ordinary characters in a different sense than Type 5.

Type 5 is transcendence over all causality systems as a whole for that characters level in reality/dimensionality

But Type 4 is different in that its not qualitive transcendence but simply being in an equal but different system of causality in their reality/dimensionality.

im not the best at example, but a bad example to use but hopefully get what im trying to say across.

Ordinary humans can't perceive a character who moves at light speed. However, to that character (depending on the fiction) everyone else may appear frozen in place and time. They percieve ordinary beings as frozen in place and time, and ordinary beings cannot even perceive or know their there.

Such a case should be similar when operating in a different more irregular system than ordinary causality.

So my question, why does the wiki allow interactions between a character that has Type 4 Acausality, and a character that has 0 feats of interacting with someone that has that level of acausality.. what's the reason?

The reason is that cause and effect still bounds them but they are like an odd one out of the normal cause and effect
I'm not saying they are unbounded by all causality in their dimensionality though. Theur still obviously bounded by a different causality system that is equal to what ordinary people are in. But they shouldn't be able to perceive or interact with one another because of the difference in their causality systems.

I'm not saying they are unbounded by all causality in their dimensionality though. Theur still obviously bounded by a different causality system that is equal to what ordinary people are in. But they shouldn't be able to perceive or interact with one another because of the difference in their causality systems.
It's mostly due to fiction not giving a damn and allowing the normies to interact with them.

A lot of characters get Type 4 because "muh fateless" "muh paracausal" and then every other character can touch them just fine. It usually has no effect other than giving you resistances by virtue of being bonded to a different system of cause and effect

Logically you are right, someone who is bonded by a seperate system of cause and effect cannot be touched or interacted by others, but many fictions don't potray it that way I think

A lot of characters get Type 4 because "muh fateless" "muh paracausal" and then every other character can touch them just fine. It usually has no effect other than giving you resistances by virtue of being bonded to a different system of cause and effect

Logically you are right, someone who is bonded by a seperate system of cause and effect cannot be touched or interacted by others, but many fictions don't potray it that way I think
that sounds like NPI feats for most of what you said.

that sounds like NPI feats for most of what you said.
I said characters who have Type 4 may not necessarily be untouchable or not even unperceiveable by anyone else in a given fiction so thats why Type 4 Acausals aren't inherently treated as untouchable by others. At most it would be case-by-case, most of the time Type 4 Acausality is gained through and provides resistances to fate/causality stuff

Yeah, many Type 4 Acausals can get hurt and even die in mundane ways. If my memory is not mistaken I remember the Doctor dying from a fall

I'm not saying their unbounded by all causality systems in their level if reality.

Their still bound by a level of causality equal to ordinary beings.

They can die in mundane ways still, yes. Like a fall

Type 4 Acausality is largely just treated as being unbound by causality/fate and thus manipulating those things or looking into their future doesn't work on them. Other than that, I can't even think of a verse where it's as you imply, logical as that may be. Maybe some Xianxia novels where every character has it but even that's likely pushing it.

System is having different laws or setting (or causality setting) does not make you uninteractable, it just changes the way you sees.
The relationship of causality is still there, we have no reason to assume it makes you "untouchable" as you could do the same argument for fate manipulation or causality manipulation.

However, when you no longer is bounded by that relationship, it makes you difficult to interact since the cause of something won't reach you as you are no longer bounded by it.

Back