• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Absolute Zero for Toshiro Hitsugaya

The title is pretty much what the thread is about. And this wouldn't apply to all forms of Toshiro, only his Adult Form.

For starters Hyourinmaru is stated to be the strongest Ice type Zanpakuto in all of the Soul Society, making it superior to the likes of Sode no Shirayuki which can reach the temperature of Absolute Zero. Furthermore, Toshiro himself states that he can freeze all forms of matter. I believe there's enough evidence and simply scaling to prove that Adult Toshiro should have Absolute Zero.

This seems fine.

Toshiro is even able to freeze the Heilig Bogen (which is made by pure reishi/energy). He even said he can freeze Earth, Air or Fire IIRC.

Even after Rukia achieved bankai Hyorinmaru > Sode No Shirayuki has been constant especially his adult form. The only difference is that Rukia stated she could while he didn't.

So I agree

Err, I'm not sure. I think Hyourinmaru was said to be the strongest ice based Zanpakutō due to its sheer versatility and utility advantage over Sode no Shirayuki. I don't feel like it being the strongest = Absolute Zero because Rukia has it.

I'm pretty sure that if Hitsugaya had Absolute Zero, it'd have been mentioned or referenced in some manner in the fight against Gerard. Like, Byakuya has seen how Rukia's Absolute Zero works, so I think he'd have noted that Hitsugaya has it as well.

When Rukia completely froze As Nodt, his body crumbled and collapsed under his own weight, just like our page for Absolute Zero says. That just added to the other things mentioned about it to show that Kubo was trying to beat the fact that Rukia has Absolute Zero into our heads.

None of that was mentioned in Hitsugaya's fight against Gerard, and I don't remember Hoffnung or Gerard crumbling under their mass. The only thing that Hitsugaya got is "freezing all matter". I don't know if it's enough.

If we go with this route, it'd be like saying we should automatically give Hitsugaya any hax or unique ability Rukia shows with her Zanpakutō in the novels or something.

IMO, I think Hitsugaya's freezing capability is already above AZ since it can freeze the pure energy.

But hey, I'm not a scientist or an expert in law of physics so I might be wrong.

I am against giving one character a hax ability simply because another character who is much weaker also has the same hax.

However, the ability to freeze energy itself and his cancellation of all abilities upon slicing Hoffnung could be considered evidence of absolute zero.

Perhaps someone knowledgeable on powers & abilities in fiction should comment here.

Soldier Blue said:
However, the ability to freeze energy itself and his cancellation of all abilities upon slicing Hoffnung could be considered evidence of absolute zero.

Perhaps someone knowledgeable on powers & abilities in fiction should comment here.
To be honest, I used to wonder about this for a long time. I think the cancellation of abilities is just hax and not proof of absolute zero, but I was curious if freezing energy would count as it.

But then, there was that one versus thread that people agreed that reishi isn't actual energy, just spiritual matter from the surroundings. It was either a Yhwach or Ishida thread.

That's why Energy Manipulation was removed from the profiles of the characters that can manipulate reishi.

Probably a dumb question but if reisihi is not energy and it's actually a spiritual matter from the surrounding does that mean quincy or people that manipulate reishi can manipulate matter to some extent?

It's like burning full fingers explain above. Hitsugaya have the most powerful ice zanpakuto no matter what. Hitsugaya is base more on surrounding area attacks where Rukia is more lethal up close range attacks. We can't deny that Rukia bankai is op because I haven't seen no bankai instant kill an enemy upon activation like hers did (soifon almost did though) but aside from that I don't think adult hitsugaya has absolute zero because kubo had many times during that battle against Gerard to mention it even as a title or hitsugaya would of mention it. The way I see it hitsugaya Zanpakuto is more "ice" type, where Rukia zanpakto is more "Cold" type. Both are ice/snow zanpakuto, just use differently

Back