• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Minor additions for Cerberus :

Status
Not open for further replies.
I don't know why we even needed to make a CRT for magical ice to have soul hax. As if it isn't already established that magic/energy has soul hax by default.
Doesn't matter if it's magical air or magical fart, if it's magic then it's soul hax.

But these days in spoonfood statements are not enough. So not surprised with the following discourse.
Wanted to Index it and tackle it with the AZ part.

I guess if we were to look at the situation both in its wording and its context...

The wording being used, emphasised with the use of the word very, does imply a specific focus on the soul, and even the mention of souls in regards to freezing something either has to be referring to metaphysical soul hax, or just total and utter nonsense, not unlike saying you'll burn someone all the way down to their sense of fashion, which has to either mean the speaker has something absurdly wrong with their mind or that their fire somehow carries extra hax.

Throw in the fact that manipulating souls, and intangible objects that can still be interacted with, is so common that it's basically a default attachment to demon power, and there's a bit pointing at soul freezing here.

Returning to that admittedly stupid analogy of burning someone all the way down to their sense of fashion, the situation we have here is pretty close to the character making that above threat, which as said above has to either mean the speaker has something absurdly wrong with their mind or that their fire somehow carries extra hax. Now let's say that this statement take place in a verse where similar characters frequently remove aspects of people's minds including their way of thinking and their skills. In this analogy, we'd have a fair bit of reason to think the elemental attacks might have the extra hax, given that the exact same hax is attached to loads of things.

I know the analogy is long-winded and ridiculous, and I apologise for that. Still, the fact that the statement is either sheer nonsense or a hax claim, in a verse where that exact hax is everywhere, is worth considering.

or just total and utter nonsense, not unlike saying you'll burn someone all the way down to their sense of fashion, which has to either mean the speaker has something absurdly wrong with their mind or that their fire somehow carries extra hax.
I don't agree. For instance in one of the examples the phrase "dissolved down to the skeleton" meant that only the skeleton remained. In this instance it could mean that only the soul remains (the entire body is destroyed through freezing).

Members on this thread have too much energy to over analyse and fret over simple sentences, same energy should be spent elsewhere where it will be productive.
Agreed, we should simply apply Absolute Zero and move on to something more productive.

doesn’t look like it, I have all the time I need, I’m not in a hurry.
Yeah I was being tongue in cheek, mirroring the comment I responded to.

There's no rush here, we can have more mods look at it in time.

Members on this thread have too much energy to over analyse and fret over simple sentences, same energy should be spent elsewhere where it will be productive.
I'm weird, I analyse lots of things. The simple reasoning on soul manipulation is still that the ability is present everywhere, attached to not only demon's abilities but even to the entire demon world.

Last edited:
I agree with AZ and NPI
Soul manip im not really sure since being able to affect a soul is mostly NPI and not direct manipulation of it

I agree with AZ and NPI
Soul manip im not really sure since being able to affect a soul is mostly NPI and not direct manipulation of it
Well, I put soul manipulation since freezing the soul completely still counts as a manipulation of the said soul(at least to my knowledge) and it has been accepted before that all demons are capable of soul manipulation in the physiology page, so this works as more support of the said ability, feel free to correct me on that part, tho I assume that you are neutral on SM?

Last edited:
Well, I put soul manipulation since freezing the soul completely still counts as a manipulation of the said soul(at least to my knowledge) and it has been accepted before that all demons are capable of soul manipulation in the physiology page, so this works as more support of the said ability, feel free to correct me on that part.
it could yeah knowing DMC and all
but it kinda puts a bad precedent to use this as reasoning for soul manipulation and can be seen as misleading for the ability itself. does he have any other feat that specifically his which is soul hax in anyway?

it could yeah knowing DMC and all
but it kinda puts a bad precedent to use this as reasoning for soul manipulation and can be seen as misleading for the ability itself. does he have any other feat that specifically his which is soul hax in anyway?
Other than the freezing the very soul statement or bestowing his soul as a devil arm after he gets beaten ? No, but as general feats for the demons ? There is.

Regardless, I’m fine with AZ and NPI either way, I don’t think Soul manipulation for this specific statement has that much of a significance than NPI, but I’ll specify that it being SM will be used in conjunction with more context within dmc.

Last edited:
Other than the freezing the very soul statement or bestowing his soul as a devil arm after he gets beaten ? No, but as general feats for the demons ? There is.
the bestowing soul seems better then since its a manipulation which includes moving ones soul to an object or person.

the bestowing soul seems better then since its a manipulation which includes moving ones soul to an object or person.
Yeah all demons have Power Bestowal for that part, but The Cerberus already have showings of yeeting their soul and bestowing it as a Devil Arm.

Edit: time stamps ain’t working for some reason, it is 5:26 for the first video and 4:56 for the second one.

Last edited:
Disagree with just NPI.
For all practical purposes the difference between NPI and any esoteric manipulation is illusiosary at best.
I don't want to get into manipulation vs npi debate rn, but let me just say this taht if we nitpick we can devolve any manipulation feat in fiction to be just a combination of NPI and some other hax.
Better not go that route.

Freezing soul should count as manipulation very easily, no need to so apprehensive in calling spade a spade.

I see, well most staff are in favor of soûl manip too, but I’ll post those other examples just in case when we use that ability on a Versus thread.

This already has enough support so my thoughts aren't needed.

Regardless, I'm fine with Absolute Zero, and as for Soul Manipulation/Non-Physical Interaction part of it, this is something I can agree with simply because demons in this series can effect the soul. I wouldn't agree with the statement otherwise but the fact that it's a natural thing demons can do, I don't think Cerberus is just being flowery with his language otherwise he would just say "I'll freeze you" and leave it at that. He makes a threat and we know demons can interact with the soul so I don't have an issue with it.

This already has enough support so my thoughts aren't needed.

Regardless, I'm fine with Absolute Zero, and as for Soul Manipulation/Non-Physical Interaction part of it, this is something I can agree with simply because demons in this series can effect the soul. I wouldn't agree with the statement otherwise but the fact that it's a natural thing demons can do, I don't think Cerberus is just being flowery with his language otherwise he would just say "I'll freeze you" and leave it at that. He makes a threat and we know demons can interact with the soul so I don't have an issue with it.
Thanks for the input, I assume it is fine to close this now ?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back