• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Undertale

...Why is Asriel listed as likely Omnipresent?

Being able to contact Frisk in the past doesn't mean he exists "all throughout time", it just means he can send phone signals acausually or smth

We don't know why Frisk couldn't move after Asriel went all out, but maybe Asriel was just using telekinesis or something to stop him.

He MAY be omnipresent, but these reasons are dumb.

No, they're an abstract entity thingy who is the very embodiment of the feeling you get when your LV increases. Asriel isn't

yeah but remember he sucked up EVERY timeline, so begin with that he's in well endless timelines, so he's in every time line once and all plus he could call frisk outside the void which i'm guessing where he resided

You have to remember ever save frisk or the "player" ever made counts as a separate time line, so yes he did say the "timeline" but i'm thinking now this is just my thought is that timeline is the main one that connects to ever other timeline that could ever happen.

Perhaps.

However, the uncertain mechanics of his existence still make "likely Omnipresent" a bit of a logical leap.

The other proof doesn't hold water, either.

Considering the fact the only thing preventing Asriel from having complete control over the world is the fact Frisk is there, having his essence be omnipresent on a 4-D scale isn't too much of a stretch.

Rewatched part of the fight, can confirm he says that he'll gain control of the timeline. Not an exact quote but he does say the. he also says time to purge this timeline once and for all.

SomebodyData said:
@Coho does he state timeline or timelines?
Timeline. Asriel only affects a single timeline during the fight, iirc.

It's funny because despite being amongst the strongest of the god tiers, his feats are less impressive, comparatively.

How does "complete control" equal Omniprescence?

Anyway, that phone call may have been just Flowey taking on Asriel's voice, as demonstrated by the fact that the entry number screens light up with Flowey's (It's probably not Chara, Chara doesn't have such a wide mouth) face.

HIT IT said:
How does "complete control" equal Omniprescence?
Anyway, that phone call may have been just Flowey taking on Asriel's voice, as demonstrated by the fact that the entry number screens light up with Flowey's (It's probably not Chara, Chara doesn't have such a wide mouth) face.
Being a literal god with absolute control over every aspect of space-time.

Doubtful. Flowey would have no reason to use Asriel's voice, especially since Frisk didn't know Asriel. The only time he used it was when he was trying to convince his former best friend not to kill him, something that would make no sense to do on Frisk.

Well technically if it does change (and even if it doesn't) it has to be added that hes 4-D omnipresent through a timeline, rather than multiple or etc

Also, why do we not specifiy the level on omnipresence on the pages? It just complicates things without the level.

SomebodyData said:
Well technically if it does change (and even if it doesn't) it has to be added that hes 4-D omnipresent through a timeline, rather than multiple or etc
Also, why do we not specifiy the level on omnipresence on the pages? It just complicates things without the level.
He's likely omnipresent on a higher scale than that, but as I said, his feats are less impressive. I seriously doubt his range of influence is less than Omega Flowey's.

Don't know. Just not a thing that's been integrated.

Well range doesn't necessaryily mean the distance that omnipresence exists in.

He really didnt get a chance to do much, just absorb all monsters and break the barrier. I'm not even sure if he broke the timeline after saying it was time to purge it since it was never really addressed again.

SomebodyData said:
Well range doesn't necessaryily mean the distance that omnipresence exists in.
It would if your whole deal is gaining control over every aspect of the existence you reside in and "becoming God".

Cohobast said:
I'm not even sure if he broke the timeline after saying it was time to purge it since it was never really addressed again.
...He's very obviously surprised that Frisk actually survived what he did, and the battle is about half over, by that point. Then after that, the game ends. I'm not sure where you'd want them to address it.

I'd half expect a throwaway line to the effect of setting things back the way they were perhaps along with taking care of the barrier. It also brings me to the idea that purging the timeline doesn'tmean he was going to fully destroy it, just like how purifying a zone in OFF isn't destruction.

Purging the timeline would quite literally be wiping it clean.

Also, in another thread, I've mentioned repeatedly how the game shows that destroying the universe isn't enough to break the barrier. Hence why Asriel specifically needed to use the power of seven SOULs to do so.

Umm, it´s pretty obvious that Flowey sent the phone call in order to manipulate Frisk into going to Asgore again, since the elevator was blocked with vines after the call. And you have to consider that Flowey mistook Frisk for Chara, who obviously knew Asriel.

That could just be me nitpicking on small details since it sounds odd using purge instead of destroy if he was going to destroy the timeline. Also this is just speculation but Chara might have potentially destroyed the barrier along with the rest of the universe, just you'd need 7 souls to be able to leave without blowing everything else up.

@Ichwillpopcorn

Flowey didn't manipulate Frisk to go to Asgore, again. He literally forces Frisk to confront Asgore. He blocks off every other path with vines after forcing them into New Home. Also, Flowey did not mistake Frisk for Chara. He was projecting Chara onto Frisk. Asriel even says this after his boss fight. The only time he "mistakes" Frisk for Chara is when Frisk actually is Chara.

Cohobast said:
That could just be me nitpicking on small details since it sounds odd using purge instead of destroy if he was going to destroy the timeline. Also this is just speculation but Chara might have potentially destroyed the barrier along with the rest of the universe, just you'd need 7 souls to be able to leave without blowing everything else up.
"Purge" in this case is almost certainly just there because it sounds much more epic and flowery.

Again, Asriel has to separately destroy the barrier even before everything else is restored, meaning it was in fact still there after the rest of the timeline wasn't. It's not a physical barrier. It's a magical construct created by some of the most powerful humans around, at the time.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
It would if your whole deal is gaining control over every aspect of the existence you reside in and "becoming God".
No... not really.

Not at all.

Beerus' whole deal is "Destroying all the stuff he hatesand eating pudding" and "being the God of Destruction"

Doesn't make Beerus 2-A or what ever. <Example

This reminds of One Punch Man for some reason... cough cough his whole deal being one punching everyone cough

I could see the absolute god of hyperdeath just using a word because it sounds cool. Still I don't think he had to actually do much to restore things besides releasing his hold on the souls he was carrying. the fight itself took place inside the barrier. I dont think he touched the rest of the underground apart summoning the souls since Napstablook didnt say anything about everything disappearing.

Not even remotely close to the same thing.

If the thing that makes you omnipresent is the fact your essence is in complete control of existence, if that existence is composed of multiple timelines, you would logically be omnipresent in those as well instead of just one.

Actually it pretty much is, check your statement and the Beerus one and tell me the difference between those two statements

Except he said timeline, also when was it stated that his existence is composed of multiple timelines?

Cohobast said:
I could see the absolute god of hyperdeath just using a word because it sounds cool. Still I don't think he had to actually do much to restore things besides releasing his hold on the souls he was carrying. the fight itself took place inside the barrier. I dont think he touched the rest of the underground apart summoning the souls since Napstablook didnt say anything about everything disappearing.
The barrier breaks while he's returning the SOULs, though. Not to mention since everything is still in complete darkness, the world hadn't been restored yet. When it is restored, we very clearly see it, as Frisk essentially "wakes up".

Napstablook also likely wouldn't remember there not being anything considering the fact he would 1. have his blinds closed

2.stop existing after Asriel used Hyper Goner.

SomebodyData said:
Actually it pretty much is, check your statement and the Beerus one and tell me the difference between those two statements
Except he said timeline, also when was it stated that his existence is composed of multiple timelines?
I said since Asriel's omnipresence comes from the fact that he has full control over existence with Frisk out of the way, he would logically be omnipresent across existence as opposed to in a single timeline.

You said Beerus destroys all the stuff he hates and is the God of Destruction, therefore he is 2-A.

That isn't even close to the same thing. Don't try to act like it is.

Stated in the Sans fight, shown in the Flowey fight. Probably a few more instances I'm forgetting, as well.

He mentions the snails dissapearing but not the ground or anything else outside. I don't think we can assume anything happened in the rest of the underground when hypergoner went off, the attack looks to only have interacted with frisk.

The snails disappearing wasn't from Hyper Goner. That was from the flash of light Flowey used to absorb everyone's SOULs in the first place.

True, but it's still a bit weird that Nap wouldn't notice briefly not existing for a couple moments. If they went through the trouble of telling us he was visited by a flash of light that carried the snails away and also told us he was listening to music at the time why wouldnt he mention a jolt of some sort during hypergoner.

During the course of this i've watched through hypergoner a few more times to get a better understanding of just what's happening and I have to ammend my stance to say that it does indeed look like the white circle at the end signifies the destruction of at least the immediate surroundings. I might have been focusing a bit too much on the text before.

No. No you didn't you said "It would if your whole deal is gaining control over every aspect of the existence you reside in and "becoming God"." Its basically appealing to the meaning of the character rather than their feats. Much like Saitama and Beerus.

You also said that "Timeline. Asriel only affects a single timeline during the fight, iirc." , so I don't know where this omniprescence over existence is coming from. Furthermore, even if he is composed of multiple timelines, nothing suggests he is composed of all timelines.

Again. Tell me how it is different, thats all I'm asking, you say that I'm acting like it is, when honestly I don't know.

"Stated in Sans fight" what? Sans doesn't even know Asriel, much less what hes composed of.

"Shown in Flowey fight" Theres a difference between destroying and controlling, not even including the fact all we see is a void in the background, so if its not a statement then I don't know where thats coming from.

Back