• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the I/O profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kepekley23

VS Battles
Retired
Continued from here: https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/764693

There has been much discussion about the justification for High 1-B I/O. Some believe the "infinite dimensions" statements are unreliable since they come from normal characters and are extremely speculative, with the use of the words "possibility" and "I think/believe".

And there are also claims of the verse being Tier 9 outside of said statements.

Thoughts?

One thing directed at A6 before this properly begins:

A6, if you are so absolutely right as you say you are, then surely it would be easy to prove your side through the usage of more scans and further context. If the game is so self-evidently powerful I would be able to realize I was wrong, and come to terms with how powerful it is, and this discussion would never come again. Furthermore, proper explanations, details, and clarifications would result in people understanding how strong the Verse is, and you wouldn't need to enter every thread to explain it over and over.

Masadaverse, Umineko, Cthulhu Mythos and other high-end fictions have explanation blogs, or at least in-depth scans explaining shit. I/O needs at least better AP descriptions with scans. If at least that, the bare minimum, is properly done, than you would prove your point about I/O, and wouldn't need to just tell people to read the whole novel or just keep reusing the same insufficient, speculatory and out of context scans. It is a win win solution for everyone.

That is, of course, if you are telling the truth about I/O and aren't hiding anything...

I believe someone knowledgable about the verse should provide scans with context that actually shows that the verse indeed has infinite higher-dimensions in it's cosmology. So far everything we have are empty pictures without any context outside and a couple of scans stating that humanity became one with the universe

Without scans showing further context, there is absolutely no basis to debate about the verse

Is this highlight-worthy?

I agree with Matt here, by the way. A6 was unable to provide context on the scans in the original thread.

BTW, reposting. This is the scene used to prove High 1-B I/O nowadays (1-A has virtually no proof at all, and basically works on the assumption of "They are above infinite-dimensions so they are 1-A", which is false), a scene which is explictely the speculation of characters:

"It's probably a case of backwards compatibility that pertains to the laws of physics"

"I mean, there's no guarantee that there's not an even higher world that exists above the world above us that we can't see, is there?"

"It's possible that it's not merely three worlds that have superposed"

The characters aren't certain. They showcase blatant doubt in their talk, which is, of course, like all other I/O scans, devoid of further context or explanation.

That by itself doesn't prove anything. The characters are just speculating.

Oh gawd, don't axe more Tier 0s

Both Undoubtedly First and TLOI got axed, spare Divine Presence ovo.

On a side note, Divine Presence's profile is really bad, no justifications no nothing. Just has a Tier 0 smacked on it and that's it.

After a half-hour or so of digging, I found a guy with videos of both novels hosted in his channel.

I'll take a look at them to see if the ratings hold up, although they are really, really long and I've heard the series is rather hard to read.

I do recall reading something about the characters being far weaker throughout the bulk of the story - which is really unlikely to be downplay, given by... short reading on some of I/O's beginning

Kepekley23 said:
After a half-hour or so of digging, I found a guy with videos of both novels hosted in his channel.
I'll take a look at them to see if the ratings hold up, although they are really, really long and I've heard the series is rather hard to read.
There's legit a route where all the events are told in backwards order, lol.

As I said before I have no proper *decisive* view or a way to gauge the matter of their current tier, as I don't know the entirety of the verse atm (In fact, I have yet to read it).

However,

Whether they keep their rating or get downgraded as a result of this thread, it's undeniable that for characters who are currently rated at such a high tier, they are sorely lacking in scans, explanations, context, cosmology blogs and other things that those so high in the scale of tier 1 usually have to justify that.

To keep the pages at a corresponding quality so discussions and doubts like this don't arise as much as they're starting to arise when it comes to I/O or to simply downgrade accordingly if there isn't any conclusive proof... Then yes, this thread sounds quite necessary.

A6 posted some new scans in the old thread, my reply here:

First scan is literally just reverted time. Second is proof of parallel temporal dimensions existing... However, the third scan indicates that "Time axis" refers to alternate timelines given the existence of a parallel version of the protagonist in it. Fourth scan confirms it further, with another dimension equating with a parallel world.

Cyberspace scan isn't proof of infinite higher-dimensions, just another parallel reality. The afterlife scan even puts a ceiling to the number of Higher Dimensions, as Quantum Theory only goes so far as High 1-C. The dream scan isn't remotely saying what you imply it does, it is just saying a character has the ability to live in a dream world and create realities in it.

The video could mean something if context was provided. As it stands, it just looks like a Matryoshka Doll version of the Virtual Reality Experiment (I.e, where if an advanced civilization has good enough computational power to simulate an entire reality, the civilization in that one creates a simulation as well and so on).

It's not proof of Infinite higher Dimensions. Or worse, multi-dimensional layers as A6 is implying. It could theoretically be done with our three-dimensional world as the ceiling.

The Everlasting said:
There's legit a route where all the events are told in backwards order, lol.
The game literally has a dictionary menu to help players make sense of all the technobabble and jargon it uses. And even the dictionary is ridiculous. Like, the entry for rabbit is four pages long.

Edwardtruong2006 said:
Oh gawd, don't axe more Tier 0s
Both Undoubtedly First and TLOI got axed, spare Divine Presence ovo.

On a side note, Divine Presence's profile is really bad, no justifications no nothing. Just has a Tier 0 smacked on it and that's it.
Wait?

Undoubtedly First got axed?

Why?

This guy has both lots of videos on the series and a gigantic blog with tens of sections and walls of text on the verse.

The videos are unbelievably boring though, and I'm not sure if I will be able to power through.

On the subject of having good explanation pages (because I don't want to talk about the legitimacy of it, for obvious reasons), given that there are some lower end tier 1 verses (like SMT and Digimon), tier 2 (Undertale and Pokémon), and even tier 4 (Kirby and TLoZ [shameless plug]) that thrive on it to justify their ratings, something this high should definitely require more justification.

Message from Sera:

I will certainly get to this when I can. There's problems all over the place. And we're being severely mocked for "wanking I/O" by basically the entire outside vs debating community, which doesn't really happen unless we've seriously taken things too far and out of context. Vs debating communities may have different opinions but some things are outright objective. Our high tiers should not be tossed so easily. It is strict to get a 1-A ranking. Both Demonbane but most certainly I/O have a problem of lacking evidence which is making us look like fools. Evidence of even a High 1-B structure in I/O doesn't warrant 1-A either. We need definitive proof of a beyond-dimensional external abstraction, not endless layers of worlds.
Fortunately I have the things we need for I/O to get fixed, however as I've mentioned, I can't get to it right now. Ultimately however, should the staff decide to pull the plus on the whole thing due to our lack of evidence supporting its ratings, than by all means do so.

@Matt

Probably just me, but the whole spiral bridge bit in the beginning struck me as such.

Anyway, I'll just wait for Sera since I'm still watching the guy's videos and my opinion may change in the meantime.

Yeah, sorry. I just started noticing that alot of verses get downgraded when they go up against DC. I need to take a break and calm down, but the last time I did that pages I watch almost went from multiversal+ to high universal and an upgrade i just got done not only got reverted, but got downgraded. I keep getting the itching feeling I'm gonna get banned

I haven't gotten a good sleep in several days. I need to go tske a hot shower, and calm down. But progress waits for no man

Since when do they happen? That is seriously accusatory.

In either case, take a shower and go to bed if you are tired.

>Yeah, sorry. I just started noticing that alot of verses get downgraded when they go up against DC.

Pretty sure Masada would have been tried to get downgraded too...

The thing is, like many people said, the justifications for our I/O pages are really bad. Simple

I can tell the Divine Presence doesn't seem to have any reason to be Tier 0.

These are literally all the statements that refer to the Divine Presence's power, and none suggest a Tier 0 rating, and are more akin to "the universe loses its meaning" prose.

If there is more info on it than this, I'd like to know it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back