• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About the I/O profiles

Status
Not open for further replies.
Did I not say I/O was messy? It is composite, I'd rather not bother Ven about this. As I said, I'll get the scans but all of its context doesn't fit so well with our tiering system. We'd end up either severely downplaying or severely wanking. If you go through a 50 hour long VN solely for feats you are bound to miss context because your mind is fixated only on "muh feats".

Dies irae would not be 1/A if people did that. The verse has zero implications of higher-dimensions other than one barrier Yakou made. So without uttering "scans scans scans", is it not plausible that the same can be said for I/O or are you going to sit here and claim A6, someone who is knowledgeable about the system to say the most, wanked a 2-B verse to 1-A? I'm not appealing to authority either, I just don't think he'd do that.

Is it 1-A? Unlikely, I'd argue for High 1-B at most. I/O is filled with metaphysics, not arbitrary "muh soul" stuff like Naruto or One Piece either.

@Sera

Not really. There exist many scans proving the existence of higher dimensions in Masadaverse. Yakou isn't the single one. So the comparison isn't right

Also why are we letting outside vs debates sites influence our choice again? We always get called for wanking/downplaying no matter the case. So i don't even understand why we are mentioning them...

You don't need higher dimensions to be 1-A. The idea is the less dimensions you have, the more in-depth the explanation needs to be to qualify. Same goes for a Tier 0.

I honestly believe we should close this thread until Iapitus consults either Matt or another mod that it can be reopened once he has everything ready. We are sort of just... messing around and not making any progress from the previous thread.

No opinion on 1-A/High 1-B stuff, but I will say that the High 1-A characters are extremely exaggerated, which I've said for a long time, especially after peeking a bit more into the context. They're not suddenly Yog-Sothoth or Featherine levels for transcending things that are baseline 1-A at the absolute highest reasonable interpretation.

What I mean is that DP isn't a real thing. It's just an unexplained thing that A6 interpreted as a Tier 0 Supreme Being.

Here are the scans that A6colute posted in the other thread:

I-o-73.png

I-o-74.png

I-o-76.png

I-o-37

I-o-40

I-o-41

I-o-47

I-o-61

I-o-28

I-o-62

Io r2
Io r2

In any case, I would appreciate if everybody involved please show respect towards A6colute, even if you decide to downgrade. He has been of great help to this community over the years.

Hmm...the third screen always got to me. That seems to suggest multiple temporal dimensions, because one timeline flows one way and the other flows differently, and even in reverse. That would explain one route...

Being a great help does not in any way mean one is free to insult other staff members.

Anyway, where is A6?

Can we not reduce this whole thread to a giant appeal to authority? A6colute shouldn't be exempt from the same standards others go through.

And I already analyzed all of these scans. I don't believe they definitely prove anything.

@Sera

I doubt Time Axis here means anything more than parallel timelines. Three scans strongly suggest that.

I think that the scans seem to suggest increasing levels of reality, but do not know whether or not this means a higher level than High 1-B.

I will ask DarkLK to give input here.

Anyway, when did A6colute insult others? I did not read much in the previous thread.

We should preferably not talk about that in this thread, but it was him reviving...that time where Kavpeny got pissed off at everyone in order to accuse Matt of being childish and hating him.

Okay. Well, unless I misremember, I think that Matthew tried to get A6colute demoted and banned once, so that is probably still a sore spot.

However, I did not think that you were active in the wiki back then. Have others told you about it?

In any case, Matthew has shaped up a lot since then.

I/O also seems consistently Tier 2 from what I'm reading, since it talks about hundreds of millions of timelines being generated every second, the world (which probably means "universe" in this context) being destroyed, recreated and destroyed again countless times, parallel universes and more.

One: I am sick, so less activity than normal for me.

Two: A6 tried to bring up year old drama back and said the only reason I disagreed with the ratings was because "I hate him".

Three: when I'm better, I can explain why the layers there can not even be High 1-B.

Well as far as I understand, there are also an infinite number of layers stacked on top of each other, for which each lower layer of reality is just a simulation.

@Matthew

Okay. I hope that you feel better soon.

From A6colute's perspective, he probably feels that this is the third time that you have targetted him. First there was the rule-violation thread, then the Golavachev-verse, and now his favorite series.

I do not personally think that you have any other motivation than disagreeing with a very high-tiered rating, but he does not seem to perceive things that way.

The problem with the layers is that the characters are explicitly speculating about their existence.

Also, everything else in the verse suggests a Tier 2 hierarchy.

What do you think Sera, ALRF, and VenomElite? Would High 1-B be a more accurate rating?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back