• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About One-Shots

Okay. I will add it then.

Is this acceptable, or is there something that needs to be adjusted before we close this thread?

Antvasima said:
Is this acceptable, or is there something that needs to be adjusted before we close this thread?
Unless the stuff regarding outside versus threads simply is done in a case-by-case basis, not really.

Okay. What do the rest of you think?

I think it would be better to mention that sentence right below the "don't create spite/stomp threads" rule as a second bullet point.

Okay. Feel free to move it then.

Kaltias said:
I think that it would be good to link it to the stomp thread page, given that it's a possible factor in that directio
^ I think it should just be linked to the Stomp Thread page. And the Versus Thread Rules page only redirects to the Spite Thread page on clicking the link, when it should also have a link to Stomp Thread page since it is mentioned there.

I just noticed the changes on the one-shot page. I'm not exactly...okay with quantifying the one shot gap. I stand by my statement that fiction is weird like that. At best, I feel like that should garner the person with the 7.5x AP advantage to mollywop the person in h2h.

Well, it's strictly for threads, says as such on the page.

It's a rough estimation anyways

Yeah, I know. I don't think quantifying a gap for a one shot is okay even for just threads. At best, I'd be okay with having it there to show that like, a casual slap from the one with the AP advantage equals a punch from the weaker

As I already said multiple times, a quantifiable gap is needed unless you prefer double standards.

It's a flexible standard, and no one says "7.5 is a one shot no matter the circumstances", but a reference is needed nonetheless.

I think now that 7.5 gap is enough to dominate (not stomp) someone in a battle with similar skill, I wouldn't even consider a gap of 20 as stomp, I mean, I doubt that the athlete that "created" the baseline wall level would no sell to attacks made by minor athletes.

Pretty sure that the strongest humans in real life are 9-C.

And I don't know you, but i'd definitely say that Mike Tyson stomps an average person

Also, breaking a skull is only twice above baseline wall level, so that's absolutely enough to kill an average athlete, unless they can reliably take punches breaking their bones

Under that stipulation, they'd just be particularly resilient to getting oneshoted

Some characters in fiction are like that

I think that the 15 kJ comes from an athlete that launched a kick that strongth.

If I recall correctly, the minimal force to break the skull is 1/4 of ton of force, meanwhile the force of a boxxer (if average or league don't remember) is about 340 kg of force, so yes is capable to break the skull (that value do not take into account skin, brain of any other sustance, it do not means that it will completely destroy the head).

Back