• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About "normal humans"

If a standard human (A) who weighs 62kg charges into another human (B) at 5 m/s, their kinetic energy would reach 775 joules (Street level).
If B can take this charge from A with minimal injury, would they have 9-C durability?
If ""who" or "what" they can harm" takes priority over the measured energy, would A have 9-C AP from dealing damage to B who has 9-C durability, even though they are an average person? Or would B just simply have 9-C durability?

I'm pretty sure we don't take tackles for human Attack Potency. Unclear on our policy with durability in this regard though.

Tackling can still be AP, but it just wouldn't be full striking strength, and it just doesn't inflict specific damage compared to a 9-C punch.

Only against stuff like tackling, bodyslamming, and falling from heights; against a punch to the face not so much.

I also forgot to mention that certain attacks are a bigger deal depending on what body part is struck.

Only against stuff like tackling, bodyslamming, and falling from heights; against a punch to the face not so much.

I also forgot to mention that certain attacks are a bigger deal depending on what body part is struck.
The bones would stay pretty intact tho. Takes a lot of strength to deal catastrophic damage to them.

Yeah, different body parts are also more durable than others, with skeletons in particular being more durable than organs.

Humans can take the blunt damage, but any other type they get folded lol.

I mean, only against blunt damage where the impact is more spread out? I would still say like 10-A though.

Humans can take the blunt damage, but any other type they get folded lol.

I mean, only against blunt damage where the impact is more spread out? I would still say like 10-A though.
I don't think we account for surface area of attacks (pressure).
Either way, they are still taking the full amount of force from the charge even if the energy was dispersed on a larger area of impact, and even if the energy was halved, it would still be 9-C in kinetic energy.

A could qualify for 9-C dura if they for example shoulder checked a brick wall at a full sprint and shrugged it off with minimal injury. They're focusing that kinetic energy into a smaller portion of their body, and in hitting a sturdier object they're coming to a more sudden and complete stop, means they receive more rebound

Take into account kinetic energy is not really what harm humans, units that can translate to damage are acceleration, force and pressure (that is, or course, only impact kind of damage); a tackle carrier pretty low pressure, so do not expect to cause that much damage unless it crashes you against a wall.

Back