• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Kō jigen (Ú½ÿµ¼íÕàâ) and Chō jigen (ÞÂർíÕàâ)

QuasiYuri

They/Them
VS Battles
Retired
First: I don't want to downgrade anything with this, just to discuss the use of these 2 terms, I just linked Tenchi Muyo because of being one of the only verse with a justification (and some explanations) linked to this.

So, basically Chō jigen (ÞÂർíÕàâ) is considered as a proof of 1-A (?) because otherwise it would have the same meaning as Kō jigen (Ú½ÿµ¼íÕàâ), which is used to talk about higher dimension.

However, looking at the meaning for this kanji, its meaning would be "transdimensionnal", which can be used for something above one or several dimensions. It's logical, since the word never make any mention of higher dimension, something like "above higher dimensions" would more be something like "ÞÂàÚ½ÿµ¼íÕàâ" (which doesn't exist btw).

Also, Cho Jigen (ÞÂർíÕàâ) is used for beings such as Solaris or in verse such as Hyperdimension Neptuna, which we don't consider as 1-A from what I know.

Shouldn't the Cho Jigen term just not be used as a proof for 1-A because of this? I don't really intend to downgrade any verse (especially since the forum change will happen soon), but it seemed like something which wasn't really approched before.

Also, is it still enough for 1-A in the new tiering system to begin with?

I thought that it was used as a proof, since Tenchi Muyo's explanation seemed to use it as something which justify the tier of the characters. My bad if it's not.

You should ask DarkLK and Sera EX to comment here. I don't remember enough about the franchise to properly analyse it anymore.

You can tell them that I would appreciate their input.

From what I recall there were other reasons as well. You should ask the people that I mentioned earlier to comment here.

One of the explanations was that there are scientific gadgets that can sense the energy of any higher dimensional beings, 10D, 20D, ect. It cant however, sense a chouchin, it simply didnt exist in any higher dimensional plane of existence.

although not entirely sure how true this is, since it was removed from the page. maybe it wasnt needed, or was out of context.

pretty sure there are others but thats just one that i remembered.

@Ovrhide

That is correct, yes. I remember that from the story. I thought that it was still mentioned in the The Choushi or Tenchi Muyo! pages.

@Eganergo

Yes. I am also waiting for Sera to get the time for this, but she is busy protecting her family from the Coronavirus crisis.

The part about "infinite number of higher-dimensionnal experiments" should be removed tbh, not only the link is dead, but it's a mistranslation of "an infinite number of time". It would still make sense tho.

as stated, a revion is being made. they will keep their 1-A rating, but it will be better explained. patience is key

Yes. I would also much prefer if the quality of the Tenchi Muyo pages and their explanations is greatly improved.

Here is the image btw:

Infinite experiments

I remember another time where this statement is said but yeah.

Which Tenchi Muyo's anime are the scans mainly from btw? I think I'll try to do all of it, if it can help to have better explanations/context.

the only one where the choushin are a full blown thing is the OVAs, theres currently 4 OVA seasons. the others are literally their own thing that have nothing to do with the OVAs, so i wouldnt use those.

Iirc most material will be covered from the novel and the gpx version.

The current one is mainly from the anime though.

The scans are from the 2nd and 3rd OVA series, if I remember correctly. A 5th one is currently being released, and on top of that there are around 20 novels and lots of official doujinshi for the series. I have long since lost track of all the details though.

Back