• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Category Badges....

Yellowpig10 said:
Uselessnoob245 said:
Yellowpig10 said:
Uselessnoob245 said:
what about the edit badge and decorator badge? What if one person does one picture in less than a minute and its not even a good quality page
Those are alot harder to spam
Yeah they can just add a 250 pictures literally from the picture history, and it would take them a week to reach the top contributer if they do it 24 hours, I'm on this site for almost 12 hours a day
We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, but I doubt many people will picture spam
I would take an edit spammer 2 hours to reach their first Gold, in a week they'd probably reached inside the Top #20, within two days they'd have 12 gold, within a month they'd hit the Top #10. I mean not an example like Crabwhale, if they do blank edit by just moving their text by literally doing nothing in 10 seconds, this obviouslly makes them useless without making such a good page

Uselessnoob245 said:
Yellowpig10 said:
Uselessnoob245 said:
Yellowpig10 said:
Uselessnoob245 said:
what about the edit badge and decorator badge? What if one person does one picture in less than a minute and its not even a good quality page
Yeah they can just add a 250 pictures literally from the picture history, and it would take them a week to reach the top contributer if they do it 24 hours, I'm on this site for almost 12 hours a day
We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, but I doubt many people will picture spam
I would take an edit spammer 2 hours to reach their first Gold, in a week they'd probably reached inside the Top #20
Yeah, but thats still nothing to how you doubled Tabbenders points in under 3 hours

Seol404 said:
Uselessnoob245 said:
Yellowpig10 said:
Uselessnoob245 said:
Yellowpig10 said:
Uselessnoob245 said:
I would take an edit spammer 2 hours to reach their first Gold, in a week they'd probably reached inside the Top #20
Yeah, but thats still nothing to how you doubled Tabbenders points in under 3 hours
I'd really regret that it was the worst, I'd wish if you get rid of Category Badges

Then you told MLPlover to Category Spam aswell

Edit spamming is also hilariously easy

Yellowpig10 said:
Seol404 said:
Edit spamming is also hilariously easy
Lets Just get rid of the category pages for now, and if spamming is still a Problem we'll remove more stuff
I think we should do this

I cannot remove Category Badges, Ryu will have to do it

I can't seem to do it either.

Voodoo or Copetan might be able to though.

Yes but they are pretty technically inclined. They might know how to solve my issue. I used to be able to disable badges but now for some reason it isn't working.

Ryukama said:
Yes but they are pretty technically inclined. They might know how to solve my issue. I used to be able to disable badges but now for some reason it isn't working.
I think Voodoo and Copetan still have some activity

I'll see if I can do anything

Crabwhale said:
Should I attempt to contact Professor Voodoo?
Yes, I'll see if I can contact Copetan

I investigated, and, as far as I can tell, Voodoo is correct, we would have to contact Fandom to disable the Comments achievent track. I'll look into doing that.

So has anyone found a way to remove badges?

Perhaps we should simply find a way to remove all badges

Seol404 said:
I know I'm reviving an old thread, but I completely agree with this. We could always find another method of having achievements that wouldn't be taken advantage of.

Copetan said:
Seol404 said:
I know I'm reviving an old thread, but I completely agree with this. We could always find another method of having achievements that wouldn't be taken advantage of.
That seems like a good idea

Copetan said:
Seol404 said:
I know I'm reviving an old thread, but I completely agree with this. We could always find another method of having achievements that wouldn't be aken advantage of.
Hmm, that's actually a really good idea.

Back