• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Category Badges....

Seol404

Joke Battles Tiering System Scholar
She/Her
Joke Battles
Administrator
Do we need them? all they seem to do is promote category spamming and make it easy for anyone to become the top contributer, anyone who starts with zero points can become top contributer in less than a day, I feel like we should either get rid of category badges or make them cap off at around 5-10 thousand

I personally don't have much of a problem with them, though yeah, I suppose that does make sense.

Yeah I think what bugs me the most is when users make pages like this solely to category spam for badges, there needs to be a limit, or none at all

Honestly, this Wiki should just drop the badge system entirely. Most of the badges tend to encourage spam with how ridiculously easy they are.

And besides, getting rid of badges wouldn't change much, if anything at all. Hardly anyone here takes them seriously outside of spamming, anyway.

If the rest of the community doesn't want badges I'm fine with them being gotten rid of.

I agree with Yellowpig

KingPin0422 said:
Honestly, this Wiki should just drop the badge system entirely. Most of the badges tend to encourage spam with how ridiculously easy they are.
And besides, getting rid of badges wouldn't change much, if anything at all. Hardly anyone here takes them seriously outside of spamming, anyway.
I don't think we should get rid of badges entirely, only the ones that are easy to get via spam (For instance, its allot harder to edit spam than it is to category spam, and its even harder to picture spam than it is to edit spam)

Everyone seem to be in agreement. So now, should we discuss the actual way this will work?

Yellowpig10 said:
i say every category badge past the first gold one gets taken back
I am an agreement with this

Are we going to do anything about this or not...

I would like for Yellowpig's suggestion to happen, but how does removing badges work? Is it even possible to remove only certain badges? Or is it an all-or-nothing kind of deal?

I'm sure you can remove only certain badges (There are a few which aren't active in this wiki), but I don't know if you can limit the number of times you can get the Wiki Planer badge.

I wouldn't know what to tell you. I have never been an admin and at the rate I'm going I'll probably never be one.

Oh wait.

Seriously though, I'll try to rummage around the Admin Dashboard a bit. See if I can dig up something in regards to this.

Nope. Unfortunately, I don't have the clearance to do that.

Yeah, for some reason the only thing you can do is enable the ones that aren't enabled. Or maybe that's just me.

Lets wait for Ryu, its clear that we cant do anything right now

If any admin is able to do that then go ahead.

I agree to get rid of Category badges, I don't care anymore, It not only wasted my time, nobody cares too, I really want them to be removed, it gave too many problems to me

At this point, I think its best just to remove them all together

what about the edit badge and decorator badge? What if one person does one picture in less than a minute every day and its not even a good quality page, like 60 picture edits a minute

Uselessnoob245 said:
what about the edit badge and decorator badge? What if one person does one picture in less than a minute and its not even a good quality page
Those are alot harder to spam

I think everyone is in agreement that Category Badges should go, now we just need to decide if we should get rid of all badges, or just category badges

Yellowpig10 said:
Uselessnoob245 said:
what about the edit badge and decorator badge? What if one person does one picture in less than a minute and its not even a good quality page
Yeah they can just add a 250 pictures literally from the picture history, and it would take them a week to reach the top contributer if they do it 24 hours, I'm on this site for almost 12 hours a day

Uselessnoob245 said:
Yellowpig10 said:
Uselessnoob245 said:
Yeah they can just add a 250 pictures literally from the picture history, and it would take them a week to reach the top contributer if they do it 24 hours, I'm on this site for almost 12 hours a day
We'll cross that bridge when we come to it, but I doubt many people will picture spam

Back