• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Our Stage Persona Rules Suck

Status
Not open for further replies.
Not at all what I meant by that.
Thought it was, since you responded to me saying that I'd clarify that the rules are about stage personas.
If I think the standards are applied inconsistently, then I'll make an effort to fix them. I'm not the kind of blue name to sit on my ass and complain when the site does something I view as egregiously wrong.
I really think it'd be better to hash it out here, but if you refuse, at least link that thread here when you make it.

What are the current issues of contention here?

What are the current issues of contention here?
Mainly the bit about stage personas that are "partly fictionalized", such as AVGN. I made this thread with the intention that such profiles would be allowed, but I feel the standards are applied improperly and should be altered again. I will be making a new thread in the near future to cover my issues.

I strongly disagree about including "characters" that are not truly fictional. My apologies.

The standards Fujiwara's pushing for, in that sense, would allow for a wide variety of profiles that we've disallowed in the past.

Let's players, documentary hosts, reviewers, educational personas, would all be allowed if they have occasional skits/lore, and don't go by their real name.

I think there is an easy distinction between "real person talking to an audience through special effects", and "made up character for whom those special effects are reality".

So as far as the WWE verse goes, we've decided that the verse is perfectly fine to use as long as the profiles follow the standards of the stage persona rules? Just asking because there's a new topic that has been brought up.

So as far as the WWE verse goes, we've decided that the verse is perfectly fine to use as long as the profiles follow the standards of the stage persona rules? Just asking because there's a new topic that has been brought up.
This discussion is broader than WWE but I think most parties have accepted the compromise of rules regarding the verse. You can probably begin your evaluations as to what profiles are probably fine to keep vs fine to axe. That said, this discussion is broader than WWE and concerns far more tenuous shit like the aforementioned YouTuber profiles, so be aware that this may change to better acclimate ourselves against just letting anything and everything be made into a profile.

So should we close this thread now, or is there anything left to do here?

I was asked to link the new thread I said I would create in here, but that'll almost certainly take me a lot longer than I had planned (because of the MGK stuff), so I don't mind if this is closed for now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back