• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Brandish's Power

Damage3245

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Calculation Group
Brandish of Fairy Tail has magic called Command T which allows her to alter the mass and proportions of objects, including people.

Basically she makes things bigger or smaller, and she displays this very prominently in her intro by changing the shape of the island she stands on by making it huge, and later by making it tiny.

On the calc currently used to give Brandish her High 7-A rating, the calc asserts that Brandish didn't alter the size of the island but lifted it off of the ground somehow. However Brandish doesn't use earth magic, so the only way she could have 'lifted' the island is by altering the size of the ground underneath it.

Size Manipulation has always seemed to me to be a hax type of ability that can't be properly quantified; Brandish isn't putting in the work to lift the island above sea level, she's just altering the size of what the island is resting on. Of course the potential energy of the island is going to increase if it is higher than where it used to be - but I don't see how that relates to Brandish's AP when it was accomplished through an ability that just alters the size of objects.

The point is she lifted the Island that was above water, that part didn't change in size, she increased the size of something underneath the water to raise the Island, that's still an AP feat and she does it casually, she managed to use her power to lift an Island, that takes AP even if she used Size Manipulation

Her magic power was strong enough to lift an Island, that means it's her magical strength doing the lifting, she needs to put in the magical power to be able to lift something, for example, when Neinhart and Natsu were stronger than her by a good amount, her magic power wasn't strong enough to alter the size of them, meaning that her Command T relies on the strength of her magic power, meaning if her magic power can lift an Island it scales to her AP

Basically, she wouldn't have been able to lift the Island if her magic power wasn't strong enough too, that's how her Command T works, she cannot change the size of or raise things that are out of her league

1997KD said:
She makes a rock bigger in 100yq, you think it's also a hax based?
Well, if she's increasing the size of something - like that underwater rock for example - it doesn't matter what is above the rock, does it?

Lifting something that is above whatever is being increased in size doesn't look like Destructive Capability to me.

She isn't lifting the island or the boat up on her own power; she is altering the size of whatever is beneath it, and that causes whatever is above it to be lifted up.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Basically, she wouldn't have been able to lift the Island if her magic power wasn't strong enough too, that's how her Command T works, she cannot change the size of or raise things that are out of her league
She can't alter the size of things that have sufficiently high magical power.

I don't see how that connects with her being able to alter rock that doesn't have any magic power.

That's still her power lifting the Island tho, she wouldn't have been able to lift it, if her magic power couldn't, like I have said, if it was effortless for her to increase the size of anything and lift anything, then she wouldn't be stopped by someone stronger than her, but her magic doesn't work on people far above her, that means this feat was performed through her own strength

I don't know what else to say, it takes effort for her to increase or decrease the size of things with her magic power, that means she's putting in the work to do such things with her own power, I cannot explain it more simply than that, if her power is strong enough to lift an Island, it should scale to her

I guess this just comes down to a difference of perspectives but to me she isn't moving the island with her own power / AP, the island being raised is just a consequence of the land underneath it being bigger.

And there isn't a way of quantifying how much AP it takes to make something bigger or smaller. Do you get where I'm coming from?

I don't think this can be used for striking strength for Brandish, Pica has a similar feat but it scales to his actual AP since it involves him physically manipulating Stone rather than Command T which doesn't require Brandish to act physically. Overall I feel as if this shouldn't scale to her durability, striking strength or AP. Not sure about the scaling, but it definitely shouldn't scale to her durability or striking strength.

The way you guys are putting it is that Brandish isn't doing any work at all when using Command T, it's just hax, but that means she should be able to use it on anyone regardless of strength, but she isn't, she isn't able to alter people stronger than her, meaning that strength is a factor in Command T, Her magic power is that strong

Hax doesn't mean completely without limitations. It just means that her limitation is that individuals of a certain magical strength are immune to her ability.

Brandish literally almost killed Natsu with command T, via enlarging his tumor. Unless you wanna imply that Brandish is stronger than Natsu which doesn't make sense. Brandish isn't a physical fighter either. I think Damage makes sense with his arguments, Command T ignores durability, to find AP from something that outright ignores durability doesn't seem right to me. There's a reason why we don't scale Trafalgar Law cutting a mountain or redirecting a meteorite to his AP or durability, despite his ability actually using his own stamina to function.

This calc isn't about increasing or decreasing the size of something, it's about how doing such a feat lifts an Island, meaning Brandish did it, I literally cannot state it any other way

But Brandish didn't lift the island herself, say if she used telekinesis, or moved the earth upwards via Earth magic.

She manipulated the size of the ground to be bigger. That has nothing to do with her AP.

I agree that this shouldn't scale to anyone. Maybe we could say that she is "High 7-A via Size Manipulation" (Unsure about this), but this wouldn't scale to anyone due to it's haxy nature

The method is what matters. Not the feat itself, let's say if Trafalgar Law cuts a country in half with his spatial slash we couldn't use that to find his AP since he ignores durability. Iirc Lilie Barro from Bleach had a 6-C feat awhile ago that got rejected since the X-axis ignores durability. So you can't get AP from this since Command T ignores durability. It either ignores durability or it doesn't. You can't have both.

Actually, this means if the spriggans feat can't be used anymore there is nothing that is holding Sema back from being 6-C, the only reason it wasn't going to be used is because it is stronger than the spriggans, but now, there is no High 7-A calc that's holding back Sema

But nobody scales to the Sema anyway. Don't try to change the standards.

Plus the Spriggans have feats besides Brandish's.

Calaca Vs said:
But nobody scales to the Sema anyway. Don't try to change the standards.

Plus the Spriggans have feats besides Brandish's.
Quite literally the only one that has another feat that was allowed was Irene.

And what do you mean nobody scales to Sema?

'Nobody' was a strong Word. I was referring that nobody until Alvarez arc would scale to Sema. Mard Geer and co were never stated to be stronger than Jellal's Sema which is something that has been accepted in the Sema's thread.

I still disagree with that^

I don't think Jellal, Laxus, and Jura are above everyone in Tartaros, Mard Geer really should scale

So we lost 7-A+, High 7-A, Low 6-B, Sub-Relativistic, and Class K in like the span of 2 days, ugh... my head is hurting, I wish these changes had all come at different times over a long period so I wouldn't feel so clustered, this must kinda be what the One Piece guys are going through

Well, I'm relieved I'm not the sole causer of misery this time around.

Spriggans will scale to Sema, which has been settled as at least 11 Km/s by the calc members apparently, however they lean more towards 20 Km/s which is Baseline 6-C, however yes, Mard Geer, DF Natsu, and CSK would be 7-A

@Torch yes, I didn't say a thing about that since I find it legit.

@Mitch I can totally see the Spriggans being 6-C scaling above Jellal's Sema.

That said, sadly if no one can scale to Sema, the only feat left is Natsu's LFD Roar.....Pre Timeskip.

EDIT: I forgot about MeteoBlade and I saw Calaca's Clarification on Sema. I goofed.

Back