• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

About Acasuality (Type 4)

I was taking a glance over the Acasuality Page and im confused by our current description & requirements for it.

"Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others."

What does it mean to "operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect"?

Honestly not sure, initially I though it was any acausality that is not for those that are in 1-A or above, but now I'm not sure. Right now, I believe that acausality would be better without types, and just but few examples of how it works.

I strongly agree because this acasuality type is very confusing to me and I dont understand it one bit.

And you know what happened in my Type 2 Acasuality thread...

Type 4 Acausality means you operate on a different system of cause and effect than others which would render you immune to changes in the current system of cause and effect because you don't follow that one.

That do not really explain much... Like I said, you better explain how the character's acausality works, and put a few examples in the power profile so people can have an idea.

How is it an arbitrary condition for type 2 to not have a past and a future, when the the whole point of it is to be a singularity and exists exclusively in the present?

It means exactly what it says. You're not on the regular thought of system of cause and effect. You're on a completely different system. A different timeline wouldn't count because it's not a different system of cause and effect and operates the same (unless it's speficially stated).

The essence of the power is that one is unaffected by cause and effect, not that character suffer from x and thus immune to cause and effect. Power can write that the character is immune to time paradoxes, fate and coincidence and it woukd be the same, the not existing in past/future is restricting the ability arbitrary.

That's not restricting the ability at all, from what you described it ssounds like they just have a bunch of resistances but aren't an acausal being

No.

That is the definition of the ability. If not having a future is an arbitrary condition for not having a future, then everything is an arbitrary condition.

Additionally, being unaffected by cause and effect is type 5 acausality.

The essence of the power of type 2 is Temporal Singularity. The whole point of it is to exist in the present, the immunity of time paradoxes in the past and fate manipulation in the future is just a byproduct of existing in the present, not the other way around.

Having not future is not acausality; having no future may grants acausality, but is not a requeriment. Like, reason why one can't be affected by temporal paradoxes but still existing in the past.

I thought existing throughout all of history, space-time, spacetime, and in the future/past/ and present all at once. Would mean your acausal type 4... Since your basically all those at once.. x D

Someone a long time ago explained to me that its like having 2 cause and effect systems but you transcend the 1st system and you exist in the 2nd or somehting like that.

Type 4 typically comes from existing beyond time and such, but it likely includes other things. Basically you are outside the reach of various consequences connected to causality but lack the properties a type 5 would have, ie being straight up untouchable by conventional means due to existing beyond causality

GiverOfThePeace said:
It means exactly what it says. You're not on the regular thought of system of cause and effect. You're on a completely different system. A different timeline wouldn't count because it's not a different system of cause and effect and operates the same (unless it's speficially stated).
Then what exactly is a "different system" in this case? Im still not following on what it actually is.

It's exactly what it sounds like.

The system of cause and effect you work within is different from what everyone else has.

What is a character transcends a type 2, or a type 3 acausal??? and exist in his own realm that transcends the multiverse but the multiverses history connects to his realm??? (these are just examples of characters i encountered in fiction summarized.)

Yeah, this is more or less the problem with creating types, we're turning pretty specific here.

ProfessorKukui4Life said:
Then what exactly is a "different system" in this case? Im still not following on what it actually is.
There's hundreds of different possible systems. It just has to be said to work differently from the conventional system, where there's a list of effects preceded by causes.

@Upgrade Please stop derailing the thread, it's about type 4, not type 2 or type 3.

Agnaa said:
@Upgrade Please stop derailing the thread, it's about type 4, not type 2 or type 3.
I am sorry if it seems like im derailing, but seen people get upgraded to type 4 becase of of the exampled i mentioned.. so i was just curious becuase i seen conflicting point of views one each of hte acasualities from both Staff and Non-staff.

He disagrees with concept types as well, although I do not quite understand his reasons there either

2 is existing in one point in time, 3 is across multiple timelines and acting independently, 4 is a different system of cause in effect. All seem radically different, some even being better than others.

How can you exist in a different system of cause and effect??? Isn't there only 1 system besides transcending it????

To make it simply Acausal is just being immune to Causality Manipulation: immune to fate? acausal; coincidence and probability? acausal; ignoring laws? acausal; did you killed my ancestor? who cares, I'm acausal. Effects vary from simply not being affected by a paradox to being immutable; so if the character have any of that then it qualify as acausal, is not covered by the types? then explain it yourself (actually, this is more important).

Back