• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acausal 4 Question

Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.

Just to make the record clear now
Does Acausality Type 4 resistances also Innately grant resistance to Time Manipulation and Time Stop?

Type 4: Irregular Causality: Characters with this type of Acausality operate on a different and irregular system of cause and effect than regular causality. This grants them resistance to abilities such as Causality Manipulation, Fate Manipulation, and Precognition, among others.

Just to make the record clear now
Does Acausality Type 4 resistances also Innately grant resistance to Time Manipulation and Time Stop?
case by case, sometimes time stop it's like paralysis but based on time

Case By Case sure
If there is In-Verse Context Sure
But Im asking if its innately given
As in having Acausal 4 innately means you resist time manipulation and time stop

A member on this site said this and I quote:
Causality has an important connection to time. The description for acausality type 4 doesn't mention a resistance to time manipulation because that's needless to write.

Essentially pushing this Narrative forward that Acausal 4 includes Time Manipulation and Time Stop resistance innately
Its just not written their because its suppose to be super obvious and everyone is supposed to know it

I can't say for sure how this has been treated in the past, or whether it has been treated consistently in the past, but I can at least say it should be handled on a case-by-case basis due to the semantics of the definition.

Per the definition, someone can be considered to have Type 4 Acausality if their existence is bound to a system of cause-and-effect that is "different/irregular" compared to the "normal/baseline" system of cause-and-effect. So if a world usually operates by a particular system of causality, and one entity in the story operates by a different form of causality than the rest of the world, the entity would qualify for Type 4 Acausality.

The important thing about this definition is that it doesn't enforce a particular way it has to be different - someone can be bound to a system of cause-and-effect which is fundamentally different, but where time still operates the same way, and they would still qualify for Type 4 Acausality. In such a case, Time Manipulation should still theoretically work.

I'll reiterate that I cannot say for sure whether we have treated this as such in the past; semantics can be difficult to discern when dealing with complex topics, so it's possible profiles have not been held to the standard I've listed here. But simply going by what the definition suggests, whether it grants resistance to Time Manipulation would depend on the alternate system of causality in question, and whether time operates differently.

Back