• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Abeloth and Luke upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Matthew Schroeder said:
Lina, if you don't know that the Force is Universal, then you literally don't know Star Wars basics.
To be completely fair, most main canon treats it as galactic (because the setting is the galaxy), with the EU being far more prone to showing it as universal.

There's actually extra-galactic characters and aliens in Star Wars, so it wouldn't even be correct to say that the setting is solely galactic. Even in the Disney Canon with the new novels, it was clear that Sidious' ultimate goal was to take control of the nearby galaxies as well.

I think that Lina seems to make sense about the calculations, especially regarding that if one of them was rejected by the OBD, we obviously cannot use it.

Edit: In response to Matthew below, we can obviously use the calculations that the OBD has accepted.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Matthew Schroeder said:
Lina, if you don't know that the Force is Universal, then you literally don't know Star Wars basics.
To be completely fair, most main canon treats it as galactic (because the setting is the galaxy), with the EU being far more prone to showing it as universal.
I'm going to have to agree with Matthew here. No source that I'm aware of depicts the Force as only existing within a single Galaxy. The Vong are an anomaly but even then the Force still effects them, it just takes more effort on the part of the Force user who's trying to use it on them.

Antvasima said:
I think that Lina seems to make sense regarding the calculations, especially regarding that if one of them was rejected by the OBD, we obviously cannot use it.
The calculation that was "rejected" by the OBD doesn't exist in the OBD. The other calcs all were accepted. They are listed in the "Comprehensive Speed Scale" in their website. So we can use it.

Syndiciate said:
I'm going to have to agree with Matthew here. Nowhere that I know of is the Force depicted as only existing within a single Galaxy. The Vong are an anomoly but even then the Force still effects them, it just takes more effort on the part of the Force user who's trying to employ the Force on them.
Yuuzhan Vong are EU/Legends.

Much of the statements about the force in canon call it "the force that binds the galaxy together" or "the spirit of the galaxy".

@Cropfist

Potentially appear, yeah. They had some really cool sketches and I wish they did, but they are strictly Legends in this dark timeline.

Can everyone just slow down?

Everything here and more will be covered in a future thread with more comprehensive details. I would like for it to wait until then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back