• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Abe Simpson and Jasper Beardly Downgrades

Abe is Building level+ for harming Homer. Except, this doesn't really add up at all.

In the YouTube clip for Abe's AP, Abe chokes Homer for about three seconds before Homer effortlessly swats away his arms. Homer isn't harmed or injured by Abe choking him after.

Abe is portrayed as a frail, senile man, and a single three-second gag (that didn't even harm Homer in the first place) isn't enough to bump him all the way to Building level+.

Jasper scales off of Abe. In my opinion, they should both scale off of Hans Molema instead.

I agree with these revisions.

Why is Hans 10-A in the first place? There's no feat linked there...

As I mentioned elsewhere, I also think that The Simpsons profiles largely seem unreliable and based on outliers and joke abilities very rarely displayed over an extreme amount of episodes.

Agnaa said:
I agree with these revisions.

Why is Hans 10-A in the first place? There's no feat linked there...
I'm pretty sure that's because he has a knife in his standard equipment. Actually, scratch what I said about scaling to Moleman. Neither of them have any weapons, so they should be around 10-C. Stronger than Mr. Burns, but still below average. 8-C Mr. Burns has to go as well.

He definitely is weaker than Homer. He still has hurt them though. Homer does show to swipe him away pretty easily. But Abe has been able to injure Bart. Which Bart is notably weaker than Homer. Bart's in the same tier as homer physically. But Homer can easily strangle and rag doll him. Also due to his size. But he isn't like Burns where Burns downright is shown to even be weaker than the Simpson kids. Abe has shown he is stronger than at least Bart more than once. And no doubt Abe could and probably has hurt Homer as well as the other cast.

Burns was given that tier more because he would be like Herbert from family guy. Herbert has that one feat which lets him vary. Where Burns has several. Hurting the cast like Bart and Homer. And surviving beats from a large amount of the cast.

GojiBoyForever said:
Hebert is extremely weak and has no real feats iirc.
He got small Building for this one feat if causing the ground the break. IMO. It doesn't justify a vary tier. Cause a vary tier means they actually vary from levels. That was a one off outlier imo.

Burns at least does Vary through the show He goes from comically weaker than an ant. To carrying a gun and bowling ball. He goes from being knocked out by light, to take beatings from the entire cast. And he goes from hitting someone with a bat so lightly it confused the guy he was hitting on what he was doing. And then kicks Bart hard enough to send him flying back a bit.

That's what Makes him more variable. And if we allowed Herbert that luxury. Burns should get no less.

Lifting strength

Why does having a fat guy stand on your head for 2 seconds give 10-A AP???

Burns at least does Vary through the show He goes from comically weaker than an ant. To carrying a gun and bowling ball. He goes from being knocked out by light, to take beatings from the entire cast. And he goes from hitting someone with a bat so lightly it confused the guy he was hitting on what he was doing. And then kicks Bart hard enough to send him flying back a bit.

That's what Makes him more variable. And if we allowed Herbert that luxury. Burns should get no less.

Sounds like the one-off outlier there is kicking Bart. We shouldn't give Herbert that luxury, he should be downgraded too if it's from a one-off outlier feat.

Only these western cartoons are treated this way. I can't think of another verse that gets insanely higher tiers and a "varies" for one-off feats...

@Agnaa

What do you suggest that we should do?

I'd suggest Abe, Jasper, Hans, and Burns should get downgraded to 10-C. Herbert from Family Guy should probably also be downgraded to 10-C, but that one's outside the scope of this thread.

I suppose that seems to make sense.

What should we do with all of the 8-C+ Simpsons characters?

Antvasima said:
What should we do with all of the 8-C+ Simpsons characters?
We've already explained in two (probably three) other threads that 8-C feats are very consistent in the simpsons

I think that The Simpsons having multiple tier 9/8 feats is simply reflective of it having 31 seasons and nearly 700 episodes with a constantly rotating cast of writers.

Essentially, I think it's still inconsistent given the much wider prevalence of lower feats.

Agnaa said:
I'd suggest Abe, Jasper, Hans, and Burns should get downgraded to 10-C. Herbert from Family Guy should probably also be downgraded to 10-C, but that one's outside the scope of this thread.
Why Abe though? Like I brought up. Abe is consistent put above Bart. Plus. Abe isn't made out to be a decrepit old weak man like burns. Even if we remove the vary tier for Burns (which I'm ok with as long as we are consistent with Herbert as well). I don't think Abe should be put down like that. Just because he is old, doesn't automatically make him 10-C levels of weak. The fact homer kinda pushes him away makes sense. He can do the same with Bart.

For Burns it is different since he actually is made to be overbearingly weak. But Abe my being able to scale because of being old would be the same argument as saying Bart and Lisa shouldn't scale because their kids. I say Abe should stay 8-C. Even being weaker than Homer, he still scales to Bart, and isn't leagues amounts weaker like say Burns is put out too be

Oh, I was under the impression that Abe wasn't above Bart.

I'll wait for Nemo to provide more input.

Agnaa said:
I think that The Simpsons having multiple tier 9/8 feats is simply reflective of it having 31 series and nearly 700 episodes with a constantly rotating cast of writers.

Essentially, I think it's still inconsistent given the much wider prevalence of lower feats.
The 8-C feats as brought up before in other threads. 8-C actually varies through the old episodes up to episodes coming out today. The fact these feats happen across multiple writers should actually support it. Not negate it.

@Butters I mean that if a series has one 8-C feat every 7 seasons, with the rest of the 7 seasons being in the tier 10 range, eventually there's going to be a handful of 8-C feats when it's still an outlier. Outliers imo aren't about having N number of high feats, but about having N% of high feats.

You're (mostly) right, I had no reason to bring that up.

That could be said about several series. Shows like family guy have a dime a dozen on wall level stuff. Percentage of feats shouldn't be the deciding factor here. This show has been running far too long, and have quite a lot of 8-C feats. I mean, iirc. I could brought up a good past 10 feats. And some are very straight forward. Moe downright swings his hammer and levels his entire bar. And since it isn't shared by just one writer, but spans across the writers of the years, plus the amount of toon levels they have shown, they are meant to be strong. It isn't just one off feat that's lol funny gag. Some are even legitimate to the plot itself. Like Moe destroying his bar was apart of the main plot. I think myself think they did mean them to be in the building tier considering how much they do to these buildings.

If Family Guy has tons of wall level feats yet is rated at country-level then I'd start to take issue with it.

If Simpsons has at least 10 feats in the 9-B to 8-C range then I'd be fine saying it's not an outlier.

Well. Family guy has dozens of wall level feats. But has Small Building. Highest Simpsons has is On their Page is Building-Large. And city block as one feat that's being looked over.

But yea. I have a good several of them on hand. Though i know I'm missing a few of them. The highest they have gotten is a 8-B feat. Though it hasn't been added

Back