• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Aang vs Korra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Now that we've sorted out their calcs, I'd like to see how this goes...

Start 30 metres away from each other. Area has earth and a few ponds available for Earth and Water bending.

Round 1: No Avatar state

Round 2: Avatar state

aang and aang, his both versions showed superior water, fire and air bending, he also has energy bending,

korra has better earthbending and the feat with stopping a spirit-energy-superbeam,

either way i think aang takes this, korra can maybe make stronger one-shot attacks but aang could easily avaid and take her stamina out bfore finishing her ^_^

GreatestSin said:
aang and aang, his both versions showed superior water, fire and air bending, he also has energy bending,
korra has better earthbending and the feat with stopping a spirit-energy-superbeam,

either way i think aang takes this, korra can maybe make stronger one-shot attacks but aang could easily avaid and take her stamina out bfore finishing her ^_^
Hmmm... Elaborate. How did he show superior bending? And Korra has energybending too.

^water bending becasue he controlled all kinds of water, and beause of his feat after defeating the firelord,

fire because he can redirect electricity,

air...well, he is showed it throughout the show, even running at "wind-speed" (no idea how fast it is, maybe 200km/h or so)

and energybending: yes, korra has it too, both showed equally big feats, ok, with korras gaint-spirit-mode and deflecting a spirit-beam i think this goes to her ^_^

PS: i do not talks about possible feats which korra could recreate, im talking about shown feats, and from them aang seems superior :)

There was a point where Korra lost her connection with the previous avatars, drastically reducing her powers as her avatar form. This would mean Aang's avatar powers would be much much stronger than Korra's. Korra does have stronger elemental bending other than air compared to Aang, as Aang was leaning more into speed/flexibility compared to raw power.

Aang, while younger than Korra, has shown himself to be very clever during battle, pulling off unique tricks and strategies (where Aang taunts that Fire admiral). Korra's personality tends to be plucky and headstrong; this means that while she can be incredibly determined, flexibility (both physically and mentally) isn't really her strong suit. This means that Aang is the better stragetist/thinker in the fight, which is a major advantage.

Aang > Korra by way of intellect and avatar state.

Edit: This result could shift if Kuvira was much stronger than Ozai. This would mean that Kuvira has a chance of handling Aang's avatar state. I don't think Kuvira > Comet Ozai however.

Now if Raava/Vaati gets involved in this battle it becomes a completely different story.

Crazystarf said:
There was a point where Korra lost her connection with the previous avatars, drastically reducing her powers as her avatar form. This would mean Aang's avatar powers would be much much stronger than Korra's. Korra does have stronger elemental bending other than air compared to Aang, as Aang was leaning more into speed/flexibility compared to raw power.
Aang, while younger than Korra, has shown himself to be very clever during battle, pulling off unique tricks and strategies (where Aang taunts that Fire admiral). Korra's personality tends to be plucky and headstrong; this means that while she can be incredibly determined, flexibility (both physically and mentally) isn't really her strong suit. This means that Aang is the better stragetist/thinker in the fight, which is a major advantage.

Aang > Korra by way of intellect and avatar state.

Edit: This result could shift if Kuvira was much stronger than Ozai. This would mean that Kuvira has a chance of handling Aang's avatar state. I don't think Kuvira > Comet Ozai however.

Now if Raava/Vaati gets involved in this battle it becomes a completely different story.
If we're talking Avatar states, I guess that makes sense.

But in regular battles I'd say you're underestimating Korra's style. She may be a lot more violent and careless than Aang but her fighting style is more focused on being direct and efficient rather than stylish and over the top like Aang's. The fighting styles in the Korra series have been refined by cross-training (due to the multi-culturism of Republic city) into something that combines them into a tight package. Notice how even though her attacks aren't as "big" as Aang's, they take less time to pull off and are better for combining multiple elements very quick. Just my two cents though, maybe with Aang's experience (due to his adventures in the new comics) and the chance he might find a strategy to play to her emotions, he could take a non-Avatar battle too. But when Korra's emotionaly stable, she fights like a champ.

Since there is a huge difference in power between Aang and Korra's avatar modes, I would like to discuss how the match would go between Korra and Aang. Basically from what I've been seeing so far, as you said, Korra's fighting style focuses on efficient, powerful strikes that would do more damage compared to Aang's faster, more versatile strikes. Keep in mind that this analysis only works if Korra and Aang have relatively similar speed.

Strength/Durability: Korra is able to take damage extremely well, surviving battles against Kuvira and Vaatu (both fighters who did a lot of damage to Korra during their fights) speaks volumes of Korra's durability. Able to master Earthbending faster than Aang (her personality really reflects this here) I believe that Korra has a decent chance here in this area, as she can take much more punishmet compared to Aang. She is also able do dish out harder hits than Aang.

That said...

Speed: Aang would be more flexible and agile. While Korra may not be that much slower in movement compared to Aang, Aang's flexibiliy and agility would likely allow him to evade attacks from Korra better. Korra would actually have to think and play smart here; she would actually have to predict a movement and hit Aang with a surprise attack. Airbenders should normally be the fastest out of the four styles, so it's natural that Aang would be faster as a bender compared to Korra.

Bending: Korra's earth, water, and firebending seems to be above Aang's, while Aang's airbending is greater than Korra's. Korra does demonstrate stronger attacks than Aang's. Korra's waterbending managed to stall that giant robot that Kuvira sent out on Republic city. Korra did take on Vaatu, which is very impressive compared to what Aang mostly did in the series.

Intellect: Aang is more flexible while Korra can be plucky and headstrong. Keep in mind that if Aang manages to find a pattern in Korra's attacks, he may be able to find a way to find weaknesses in Korra's fighting style. Korra can do this too, but I think that Aang would pull off something like this first. However, this part may not matter too much if this fight only lasts a short time.

Basically speed and intellect vs physical and bending power. Korra may have better strength and bending, but there are other factors other than strength and bending that can turn the favour of the fight. Thus, Korra can win this if she ends the fight quickly (start off with heavy blows) or manages to find a pattern in Aang's movements and capitalize on it.

I think it all comes down to if Aang can use his usual "p*ss enemy off until they make a mistake" strategy which if done on Korra would easily give him the battle (she's useless when emotionally provoked). But even then it's hard to see Korra falling for it if she's fully focused (which she is by the end of the series), in which case her more modern quick-paced fighting style could give her the win. The place they're fighting in would also play a huge role since Aang benefits more from places with a huge amount of resources (he can bend larger amounts) while Korra is acustomed and adaptable to places with scarce resources. If there's a lot of water it would also give her the advantage.

So yeah, it's extremely circumstancial.

Keep in mind that Aang fought with a comet boosted Ozai (at least can keep up), who is probably amped to more than a few times of a boost in his abilities. It's safe to say Aang can handle bending from someone like Korra (comet boost Ozai is about as strong as Korra avatar state).

Crazystarf said:
Keep in mind that Aang fought with a comet boosted Ozai (at least can keep up), who is probably amped to more than a few times of a boost in his abilities. It's safe to say Aang can handle bending from someone like Korra (comet boost Ozai is about as strong as Korra avatar state).
Well Aang was in Avatar state while fighting comet Ozai and when he wasn't Ozai was just toying with him.

Korra's not slow herself, and she has large scale attacks to compensate. She can also take a hit far better than Aang,However Aang's powers are more powerful than Korra so he takes this

Aang is faster, has more raw power, is more agile, and is a good fighter, Korra is a good fighter and has more "experience fighting"(Shown) but that's not enough to give her the win. I think Aang takes all rounds. The first will be tougher than the last two but he can take it.

I dont think Korra can take more damage then Aang. Korra has consistently been shown to be harmed by forces much lower than TLA characters, such as Chi Blockers for example.

Also is their any evidence that Korra can use her Giant Spirit Form without going into the Spirit World and using the Tree of Time as outside help? After she lost Raava she specifically needed the tree to connect to the universes cosmic energy and make an Astral Projection of her Spirit to fight Vatu. Its never confirmed she can do that again without using the tree.

I say Aang all rounds

FictionalBlade101 said:
I dont think Korra can take more damage then Aang. Korra has consistently been shown to be harmed by forces much lower than TLA characters, such as Chi Blockers for example.
Also is their any evidence that Korra can use her Giant Spirit Form without going into the Spirit World and using the Tree of Time as outside help? After she lost Raava she specifically needed the tree to connect to the universes cosmic energy and make an Astral Projection of her Spirit to fight Vatu. Its never confirmed she can do that again without using the tree.

I say Aang all rounds
Chi Blockers only did that since they were trained to block chi (aka take Korra's bending away temporarily). It's not really fair to compare her to them. And that was at the beggining of the series anyway.

LoudCloud said:
FictionalBlade101 said:

I say Aang all rounds
Chi Blockers only did that since they were trained to block chi (aka take Korra's bending away temporarily). It's not really fair to compare her to them. And that was at the beggining of the series anyway.
True but then we have her being harmed by Amon and without Bloodbending Amon is no where near Ozai or the others in terms of power, Also got outclassed alot by Unalaq (before getting Vatu i mean but i guess you can bring up him doing that to her more by skill then actual power), also had struggled against the Red Lotus and also Kuvira who's just a normal bender without technology like the mecha's.

Anything for this?

1. Amon was first season. This is Korra at her most recent.

2. Unalaq was second season. This is Korra at her most recent.

3. The Red Lotus were very powerful, not to mention there were 4 of them. Zaheer in particular was very powerful and did things even the most powerful airbenders couldn't.

4. She only failed against Kuvira because of her ptsd. The show even points it out by having her loose the momment she starts having illusions.

IIRC The red lotus wasnt that strong, even Tenzin could beat them. Zaheer might be an exception considering how dangerous he was, even without bending but their isnt any reason why he would be higher than the avatar in terms of raw power.

FictionalBlade101 said:
IIRC The red lotus wasnt that strong, even Tenzin could beat them. Zaheer might be an exception considering how dangerous he was, even without bending but their isnt any reason why he would be higher than the avatar in terms of raw power.
Tennzin is beast tho. And no but this was season 3, it was only towards the end of season 4 where Korra really showed her true potential. Her waterbending feat against the Colossus was one of the best non-avatar form feats in the series.

LoudCloud said:
FictionalBlade101 said:
Tennzin is beast tho. And no but this was season 3, it was only towards the end of season 4 where Korra really showed her true potential. Her waterbending feat against the Colossus was one of the best non-avatar form feats in the series.
Tenzin is the omni air bender so of course he is lol

But in all seriousness, isnt Tenzin just a bender who, instead of raw power, uses speed and agility to his advantage like Aang did as a kid only much better?

Non avatar feat? But Korra is the avatar.....-.-

korra has better feats of bending around the board

has metal bending somethign aang dont have

she gets over her hot headed ness by the end

sher is better at the spirtual side of bending by the end as well

she can do things with engery bending aang could never even imagine

she blocked what is more or less a nuke with energy bending

she leanrs the avatar state power is limitless something aang enver learned she has a stronger avatar state even thoe she lacks the past avatars

oh and tenzin flat out admit she is the greatest avatar who has ever lived

I feel like my boy Aang is being underestimated here, let's see then :

Durability : Korra hands down

Speed and Agility : Aang easily takes it

Bending : Korra obviously has better waterbending. As for Firebending, Aang learned from the Dragons and knows lightning redirection, but Korra's personality makes it her favorite (and she uses it a LOT), so I'll say equal. Aang is obviously better at air bending and most likely better at Earth-bending as well - (even though Korra knows metal bending) because of the Earth-sensing technique of Toph, which means he can fight blind (like Toph). Not to mention, Aang and Co. raiding the Earth King's Palace is probably the best showing of non-avatar state bending prowess.

Intelligence : Once again taken by Aang

Fighting style : Realistically speaking, Korra has a better fighting style - it's compact and efficient, perfect for the cramped urban spaces where Korra usually fights, but in an open space as OP intended, and against a high mobility opponent like Aang, it probably won't hold out that well

Experience : Korra has greater experience fighting all types of benders while Aang has mainly fought firebenders

Avatar state : Aang supposedly had a stronger spiritual connection, and has consistently better feats under Avatar state as opposed to Korra's, but I guess it's debatable because Korra's Energy-bending feat

Finally, I'd say R1 goes to Aang, and for R2 I'd be leaning towards Korra because she has no issues with killing (unlike Aang)

korra became more spirtual than aang by the end she can meditate into the spirit world easy aang always struggled with it

korra uses fire far mor effectivly than aang ever did

she uses earth far better than he ever did to

and he is only slightly better at air bending than her

and once again we have tenzin flat out stat korra is the greatest avatar who ever lived there is no debate here she trumps aang in almost every catigory she took down far greater threats than anything aang faced

Aceina said:
korra became more spirtual than aang by the end she can meditate into the spirit world easy aang always struggled with it
korra uses fire far mor effectivly than aang ever did

she uses earth far better than he ever did to

and he is only slightly better at air bending than her

and once again we have tenzin flat out stat korra is the greatest avatar who ever lived there is no debate here she trumps aang in almost every catigory she took down far greater threats than anything aang faced
Let me take that one by one :

1. debatable. Korra has to meditate just like Aang when she wants to enter the Spirit World. In the second season of LoK, the spirit portals are opened and that would obviously help Korra enter the spirit world more easily

2. She uses it a lot more frequently but I don't see where "more effectively" comes from. Moreover, she hasn't ever used any high level firebending moves - no lightning creation or even redirecting. Aang has redirected lightning and he was taught by the Dragons which should count for something

3. Korra only has metalbending over Aang. Aang consistently bent much larger rocks and boulders than Korra. And he can fight blind, which is an Earth-bender technique

4. "only slightly better" ? Aang got his air-bender tattoos at age 10-11. That is quite impressive. Even with the air-monks he was considered a prodigy who came up with several new techniques

And lastly, Tenzin is an idiot. I couldn't care less what he said. You are just saying stuff without justifying any of it

If I'm going off by sheer memory....

Korra is relatively stronger and can take more punishment (considering this is them shown in their respective series). She is more in tune with the physical aspects of bending, as evidence of her ability to bend three out of four elements when she was just a goddamn toddler. She pretty much has Aang beat in 3 out of 4 of the elements in raw power. That's just it; she has raw power over Aang.

Aang, on the other hand, has.... everything else. If I'm going off from my memory, and correctly (please challenge me if you feel that I'm incorrect), Aang's air bending is by far is most often used element. While he wasn't bending as early as Korra, he still easily learned the other three elements rather easily (within moments) aside from Earth. Hell; he came across firebending by sheer mistake. He shows vastly more fine tune control over his bending and not to mention, he can read her every move thanks to his style of fighting plus his constant use of sensing vibrations. Korra just doesn't show his kind of tact and Aang had to fight off people as aggressive as her. And don't get me started on what he can do with air; against Sparky-Sparky Boom Man, he deflected/retained his explosion. Whatever she throws at him is practically useless, dood.

And don't get me started on the avatar state; when Korra used the avatar state, I was disappointed. When Aang used the avatar state, shit went down. When Aang used his avatar state against Ozai he shows rock bullets all over the canyon that could've punched a hole in an army (hyperbole, but that doesn't disregard the feat). Aang's avatar state is just... better, and while Korra can bend raw energy what does that matter against someone as powerful as Aang? She'd be overwhelmed at every turn, at every corner, simply because his Avatar state is at a greater level. Hell, I'm pretty sure we can give him Lava Bending considering he showed it while using the avatar state as Roku. He can make tornadoes, tsunamis, firestorms, earthquakes; I wouldn't be surprised if he pulled a meteor out of the sky.

Those are my reasons as to why Aang would win. Ironically, while Korra's physical strength IS enough, in the end, it isn't.

Start 30 metres away from each other. Area has earth and a few ponds available for Earth and Water bending.

Aangs slams

U got something wrong here aang has better earth, water and air bending and fire is debatable but id give it to korra

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back