• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
There's a lot of evidence to indicate they are the same verse, with the Authors just flat out stating Exalted exists as an alternate Universe within World of Darkness.
i mean exalted was supposed to be the prehistory of wod but white wolf scraped that idea

i mean exalted was supposed to be the prehistory of wod but white wolf scraped that idea
Other way around, Exalted was supposed to be WoD in the Future, with it being all over the material for Exalted.

Now, it's more vague, but the elements of the Cosmologies are basically exactly the same. I've read some of Exalted with the Gods and Cosmology, yeah, they're nearly identical.

Kindred of the East is just old.

It's not so much retconned as it is no longer being updated.

Realistically, Kindred can still fit into the WoD universe unaltered, it's just outdated and needs to be updated for the new systems.

I'm more lenient on Kindred than Demon because Demon makes a lot of claims about the Cosmology that are no longer representative anymore, and actually ARE retconned (like with Revelations of the Dark Mother and basically all of modern Mage)

Nah white wolf is trying to retcon it out since it's "culturally insensitive". The lore about Kote is still in wod just the kuei-jin are being written out.

Where does Gaia scale?
Above the Triat, which is very, very impressive.

She might be an equal to Buddha, since one of the books on Guanyin says Gaia is a form she takes. So, Gaia might just be a form of Guanyin who would be equal to Buddha.

Above the Triat, which is very, very impressive.

She might be an equal to Buddha, since one of the books on Guanyin says Gaia is a form she takes. So, Gaia might just be a form of Guanyin who would be equal to Buddha.
I heard the Triat basically work of basically parts of her. Weaver acts like the mind, Wyld acts like the heart, and Wyrm acts like the immune system of Gaia is that true?

I heard the Triat basically work of basically parts of her. Weaver acts like the mind, Wyld acts like the heart, and Wyrm acts like the immune system of Gaia is that true?
That's one interpretation. There's dozens in the book alone, we don't really even know the relationship between them.

There's one theory Gaia is below the Triat, but that is a very minor theory in the books, and almost literally everywhere else stats that they are her first children.

Gaia as a figure is incredibly mystical, we know nothing about her, her role or the Triat's true purpose, everything is kept arcane.

whats the god machine?
A concept from CofD. Basically, where God is a malevolent, Hive-Mind God A.I which is trying to constantly grow and spread throughout the Universe.

It's considered one of the strongest beings in CofD, above even beings who are (by definition, not my headcanon or scaling) "Beyond Platonic Conception"

Is Michael comparable to Lucifer in the cosmology? I know he beat the latter (after bring beaten in a previous confrontation) in one part of the WoD, but I'm not sure if that counts for the wider cosmology.

Is Michael comparable to Lucifer in the cosmology? I know he beat the latter (after bring beaten in a previous confrontation) in one part of the WoD, but I'm not sure if that counts for the wider cosmology.
We don't know much about Michael outside of Demon the Fallen.

In Demon the Fallen itself, Michael is vastly inferior to Lucifer.

In Demon the Fallen, the Weapon of an Angel corresponds to their rank and power, the stronger the Angel, the More realities the Weapon exists in.

Lucifer's weapon, which he was handed to by some low rank Angel, only existed in only 2 realities/layers at once, Michael, who was given the Sword of God (it's not actually God's sword) existed in Thousands of Realities.

And in that fight Lucifer was still giving Michael a run for his money.

Ah, so far, 17 min in we have;

Kuei Jin, Fae, Fetter (The thing Harry said was screaming).

Hilariously, I think them saying the Kuei-Jin don't exist is them acknowledging the fact they're soft-retconned from everything to do with WoD (since it was kinda racist)

Last edited:
Ironically, Markus might not be Entropy, 48 minutes in, I believe he's forces (causing things to explode, Entropy can't do that).

Causing a knife to decay is very high level Entropy, because there's basically nothing that can go wrong with a knife unless external forces are applied to it.

You see, Entropy magic works best on extremely complex things (Computers, the Human body, etc.) because the more complex it is, the more things can go wrong, so affecting a PC is low level Entropy, affecting a Stone Wall that's been there for 500 years however, is very high tier.

A Knife, I can only imagine is high tier Entropy magic, or more likely, Middle tier Forces.

As for not-Blacktooth, I have no idea what's special about the chair if there is anything supernatural about it. Either it's a Fetter and there's a ghost haunting/following him or he's a Mage and that is his Phylactery I.E Where you store your soul in case of physical death. Mages MUST carry it around with them in order to cast magic (be in physical contact), if it's destroyed, your character is ****** until they reincarnate.

Edit;

Just had the realisation, it's probably not Sphere magic, because they very definitely acknowledged that it was not possible for that to happen, which would have generated paradox backlashes, and vulgar magic like disintegration with Entropy or Explosions with Forces are incredibly vulgar and will cause the Universe to **** you over.

IF it is Entropy, it has to be someone ELSE.

Last edited:
Alright I got a question how many Tellurians are there in WoD?
Countless in recursion and countless alongside.

Basically, it's thought that an Archmage made the Tellurian the game is set in using the highest level of correspondence, which is how the previous Tellurian was made, so on and so forth.

Then, outside of the main Tellurian, there's more, made by other Divinities, this is basically how the other games get to claim "X and Y made the Tellurian".

If you use Demon the Fallen, there's infinite layers of the Tellurian, the same cosmology, over lapping itself infinite times, the layers of reality becoming new things, like how a sword in one layer becomes a song in another, and a rose in another.

On the topic of the latest Hunter; the Parenting video, giving it more thought, it could have been Marckus casting the magick, however, there's a few reasons why I don't think it is.

The only way it could have been Markcus is if it was "Wild Talent", which in "intense stress, pain, trauma, or brand-new Enlightenment" scenarios, lets them cast magick beyond their ordinary limits, or even cast magick they don't even known, as it's the Avatar (The Awakened Soul) which screams out and lashes out.

Problem is, the Storyteller (basically chance) who chooses the effect and what it does, so it can't be relied upon.

Ultimately, the reason why I don't think it could be Marckus who did this, is because it requires the person to be Awakened (a Mage already) or have just BEEN Awakened, neither of which seems to be true here, as Awakening is incredibly traumatic, and Marckus didn't seem to even bothered by the situation.

To me, I actually believe it is one of Marckus' friends, likely Elise, who could be a Hollow One (basically people who reject the Traditions and go their own way, being all emo and goth) or Euthanios, who have an obsession with death, which she seems to exhibit a lot.

I would be extremely surprised if it was any of the others, and I think it'd be way cooler if Elise were the Mage amongst the group.

Edit:

Quickly checking the part where they all talk about the random events, Elise is the only one who seems to have an idea about what happened, saying "Hmm, I wonder." and then saying to disregard her comments.

Countless in recursion and countless alongside.

Basically, it's thought that an Archmage made the Tellurian the game is set in using the highest level of correspondence, which is how the previous Tellurian was made, so on and so forth.

Then, outside of the main Tellurian, there's more, made by other Divinities, this is basically how the other games get to claim "X and Y made the Tellurian".

If you use Demon the Fallen, there's infinite layers of the Tellurian, the same cosmology, over lapping itself infinite times, the layers of reality becoming new things, like how a sword in one layer becomes a song in another, and a rose in another.
That’s interesting you know what page on Demon the Fallen, I’m reading it right now.

@Udlmaster
Here I would like to ask you about a few things:
1.Is the world of darkness cosmology claimed to penetrate strongly mahlo cardinal only by using Max Tegmark level 4 concept and using Rudy Rucker's mindscape?

2.Is there any other correct way of scaling this whole fictional cosmology ? (note: if there is a source, please include it to make it more convincing)

Is the world of darkness cosmology claimed to penetrate strongly mahlo cardinal only by using Max Tegmark level 4 concept and using Rudy Rucker's mindscape?
I don't know what you mean by this.
Is there any other correct way of scaling this whole fictional cosmology ? (note: if there is a source, please include it to make it more convincing)
Do you mean;

"Are there any other valid interpretations"? Sure, most likely, WoD is pieced together from so many sources, there's a massive amount of interpretation to fit them together, I just felt this was the most accurate to Authorial intent.

@Udlmaster
What I mean is, does world of darkness reach cosmology level 0 just by the description of "Ensemble Space" which uses the concept of Max Tegmark type IV and combines it with the mindscape of Rudy Rucker's concept?

And the second point is simply,how to measure the overall cosmology of World of Darkness?

What I mean is, does world of darkness reach cosmology level 0 just by the description of "Ensemble Space" which uses the concept of Max Tegmark type IV and combines it with the mindscape of Rudy Rucker's concept?
Which one of his ideas? He has a few.
And the second point is simply,how to measure the overall cosmology of World of Darkness?
Ya gotta read home dawg

Back