• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A thing about mind hax

The_real_cal_howard

Read my comic
VS Battles
Retired
This is something that's crossed my mind a few times. It's about mental abilities that are spread over other things shouldn't be treated as mind haxing x amount of people. For example, take Ace from the DCAU. She mind haxes millions through the television, but it shouldn't be treated hat way because it was put through the tv. It serves as an amplifier of sorts. Other examples would be like Ragyo's though the covers, or Madara through the moon, or Touhou's moon driving people insane.

It's hard to explain... I'll say more further down.

I understands, you say roughly that it is not necessary treaty of the cases as this similar that "personal" Mind Hax

For example, I am in a city and all anybody who hears my voice becomes crazy, if I use a high speaker who can get on has fault all the city and if all the city becomes crazy, this is not really applicable as Mind hax with it thought on the range of a city

It's the whole "range =/= potency" thing I've seen people talking about for a while.

I'm agreed pretty much. Examples of things like "everyone who hears my voice obeys me" aren't exactly showings of potency, because its the same mind hax level whether a single person is hearing you, or a thousand.

however the point that some , such as madaras , dont amplify its power still stand. madaras simply reflects it over the planet, but the power is still substained by him

Just like I told Rocker, burden of proof. What's the difference between Madara and the Ace example?

i dont personaly kno ace, or how the mind hax works, after all, feeding one via sheer magical energy and doing it through biological natural effects are both mind hax, and need different kinds of resictence to resist them

@Risci. Not the time for semantics. Ace's mindhax works the same as Madara's anyway, as anyone who looks into her eyes gets mindhaxed, but instead of using the moon as a mental enhancer, she (or the Joker) uses televisions.

@Saik. I...didn't realize that...

and then the points stands. if the ability us able to affect that many peapole , but its held back by a range problem then the television onlyenhances its range, hell, the fictional verses dont even take into count that one takes more power then the other

That's the point I'm trying to make. It doesn't take more power. And it's not like AP where we can throw physics into the mix and say that writers don't know match, because mindhax doesn't exist irl in any form (possession on the other hand...). So it's not because fictional verses don't take into asccount that one takes more power than the other.

Wot

Methuselah's mind hax comes from decillions of billions of years worth of the feeling of fear of darkness. Not planetary range.

The real cal howard said:
That's the point I'm trying to make. It doesn't take more power. And it's not like AP where we can throw physics into the mix and say that writers don't know match, because mindhax doesn't exist irl in any form (possession on the other hand...). So it's not because fictional verses don't take into asccount that one takes more power than the other.
yes, but how does that mean that it affecting that many peapole is usable? especialy when the only problem is range.

If a character is able to control that much people via mind hax it means he has a power to do so,you can not control a whole city with a mind manipulation that affects only a hundred of people for example.

If it is stated that these things can boost characters mind manipulation potency,then fine.But if it was never stated you can not make assumptations.

Here's an example.

Anyone who sees my pinky finger believes they're in love with me.

A showing of planetary mindhax: I project an image of my pinky in everyone's mind.

Not a showing of planetary mindhax: I put up pictures of my pinky all across the world.

that still makes no sense, it affected a planet worth of peapole, and tehre is no proof that the moon amplified its power, only range. as such, the power was the same, just more widespread

Dzhindzholia said:
If a character is able to control that much people via mind hax it means he has a power to do so,you can not control a whole city with a mind manipulation that affects only a hundred of people for example.

If it is stated that these things can boost characters mind manipulation potency,then fine.But if it was never stated you can not make assumptations.
No. Don't turn the burden of proof on me. It's on you, because you still didn't respond to what I said about it. And yes, with something like a Cerebro, or a moon, then you could depending on how your mind hax worked.

and even then, i still dont know how aces mind hax works, sso comparing that to here is not exactly a good point, does it need to put his own life nergy into the enemy to controll theire mind? does the tv reproduce the efffect or does it simply make it travel there?

Saikou The Lewd King said:
If you're talking about just mindhax being indirectly boosted, then Touhou's moon has nothing to do in your OP. Bad Cal.
Sowwy, Saik ;_; still falls under what Monarch said tho ovo

I'll repeat,you can not make assumptation If it was never stated that a thing boosts your mind hax.

The burden of proof is on you,since you state something that was never stated in the show.

I am split on this idea.

On one hand, this boost is never stated. The mind hax is still as potent, he just lacks the range.

On the other, range and power of mind hax sometimes go hand and hand.

I am leaning toward the former though.

Cal, you are the one making the claim that it's a boost. You have to prove it.

When someone's best showings are affecting single digits, and then use an outside source to affect millions, if not more, it's quite obvious that it's a boost. Heck, it works like a mirror, and actual mirrors have a similar effect without increasing potency.

burden of proof, prove its better, sepecialy when the reason it affected that many was lack of range, not lack of ability

So you can't mind hax one person with the power to mind hax a planet? This seems more to just be a lack of range and not potency.

Not with lack of showings. If someone in fiction used blasts to destroy rocks, and then used something to make his blasts destroy mountains, are we gonna say that it only increased his AoE and not his power?

Kaguya used IT before the moon was created,Kabuto used his genjutsu to affect a whole arena in chunnin exams,Kabuto is fodder to 3 tomoe sharingan genjutsu,wich is fodder to Tsukuyomi wich is fodder to IT,and IT>=Kotoamatsukami. (Don't know about other verses)

If the verse never states such things then we should not make assumptations.

Back