• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A thing about mind hax

So, for the record, do we treat Mind Hax as being more powerful as your range increases unless stated otherwise in-verse?

no, unless you can affect everyone in range, it doesent scale to potency. we do vice verso though, if the series states that its stronger=range tehn we can count it

@Dz. Kabuto doesn't even have mindhax, man. And according to the Naruto wiki, Kaguya used IT by going to a dimension with a moon in it.

@Risci. It makes perfect sense for the moon to increase abilities. His whole plan revolves around using the moon as a catalyst, because it wouldn't have worked otherwise. The light from the moon hitting people is what caused IT's mindhax.

its sleep manipulation.

and he explains that he needs the moon to REFLECT IT, never mentioning any upgrade in streinght

Why would he? In order for me to not make sense, he'd have to say that he has the power, but not the range. It's on you to prove that it's not true, because as far as I can tell, the moon acted as more than just an increase in range.

All would change if Madara has to maintain those who he mindhaxed, or something.

Dzhindzholia said:
@The real cal howard

That episode with Kaguya was filler.

Kabuto can use genjutsu,and he used it.
Both examples of Kabuto's genjutsu fall under what Monarch said above. Anything that sees/hears it will fall under its spell, whether it's one or a thousand.

Plus, you can't scale abilities unless they're distinctly said to be superior (like how the Rinnegan is superior to the Sharingan)

@The real cal howard

What Kabuto used is called Genjutsu in Naruto verse,in that wiki it is called sleep Inducement.And in Naruto verse Sharingan genjutsu is superior to any other non sharingan genjutsu.

Is that said? I'm actually asking. Not being rhetorical or sarcastic. Regardless, you can't assume that it's ">>>>>" things when it comes to hax. While it can be superior obviously, it can't have a level of superiority withojt showings.

I don't like Mind Manipulation as a power anyways, so, whatever. As long as it makes sense.

I would have agreed with TRCH if it was really stated to boost mind hax potency.

The same applies for every verse.

Edit:I am going to drop it since we go on circles.You can create a CRTs in every verse pages to downgrade their mind hax potency.

yes, shisuis genjutsu is stated to be above all other genjutsu, sharingan or natural, and infinite tsukoyomi litiraly holds the title of greatest genjutsu. and again, its stated that its only reflected, not empowered or anything

IT is regarded as the strongest Genjutsu in Narutoverse. But the fact none of the Genjutsu in Narutoverse has ever show a feat near Planetary scale makes it hard to gauge the potency of IT.

again, its stated to be REFLECTED, not made stronger in any way. the idea that sommeone has planetary power bnut no range isnt that incredible

Oh, I want doubting that IT was the strongest genjutsu in the series. I was more asking if Kabuto's genjutsus were stated to be below any Sharingan related genjutsu.

its stated to be below shisuis one for sure, dont know the others. though they work differently.

life is calling, dont wait for answers

Ricsi-viragosi said:
again, its stated to be REFLECTED, not made stronger in any way. the idea that sommeone has planetary power bnut no range isnt that incredible
We never assume that without proof. It's using the AoE fallacy in reverse. It doesn't have to say that it's necessarily stronger, because every single bit of evidence points to it being increased by the moon. You and Dz are using semantics over a single word to say that it's not.

what evidence? your only evidence is the lack of proof other then the feat itself.

it is never stated.

the moon isnt in any way supernatural, or not in a way that would make the it stronger.

it is stated to reflect, and never to in any way amplify power, seriusly though, wait half an hour before my responses to other arguments

If Goku performs a lightspeed feat, so I need confirmation in words that the feat was lightspeed? The scene speaks for itself.

what evidence? your only evidence is the lack of proof other then the feat itself.

>And the fact that there's not a single instance of genjutsu, IT or otherwise, being used on a planetary scale without the moon. Or the many other times in fiction it worked like that.

it is never stated.

>See above.

the moon isnt in any way supernatural, or not in a way that would make the it stronger.

>Pretty sure the moon has Kaguya in it, but that's besides the point. It didn't need to be supernatural (and it had to be doing something out of the ordinary, because light doesn't work like that) It was required to use the ability anyway.

it is stated to reflect, and never to in any way amplify power, seriusly though, wait half an hour before my responses to other arguments

>Stop basing your entire argument over one word. Actions speak louder than them, and the scene and the plot itself show a requirement for the moon's "assistance".

I don't agree entirely with what some are proposing here in this thread, it simply strikes me as a tiny bit salty in regards to dat Sidious Swag.

But in all honesty, if your Planetary / Galactic / Whatever Mind Hax is done through an amplifier, it probably won't scale to your regular Mind Hax done without so.

However, if it is done entirely through your own potency, similar to Star Wars and Warhammer 40,000 characters, it should scale, and it absolutely should be considered stronger than mind haxes which affect only a few people.

I'm salty to Sidious, but I'm aware he'd be unaffected...unfortunately.

Matt summed up my points.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I don't agree entirely with what some are proposing here in this thread, it simply strikes me as a tiny bit salty in regards to dat Sidious Swag.
But in all honesty, if your Planetary / Galactic / Whatever Mind Hax is done through an amplifier, it probably won't scale to your regular Mind Hax done without so.

However, if it is done entirely through your own potency, similar to Star Wars and Warhammer 40,000 characters, it should scale, and it absolutely should be considered stronger than mind haxes which affect only a few people.
This

Kepekley23 said:
You're wrong about Madara. The moon reflects the IT, but it's the IT's light that enslaves the world itself. It still scales to his jutsu's potency.
and this, the moon was never said to be amplified.

and even then, comparing natural genjutsu to it is like comparing narutos rasengan to minatos, or comparing amaterasu to fire genjutsu

Back