• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not a doctor in human anatomy so anyone interested in doing a calc for a feat in vertically sawing a human in half?

(My previous knowledge helps me to do some horizontal slicing tho)

I would like to see a basic format for calculating the destruction of different bridge types rather than a calc for a particular case

So we need calc for

1. Destruction energy for punching a nose?
  2. Destruction energy of different portions of different types of transport bridges?
  3. Energy required to vertically saw a human in half? (I have calculated energy required to horizontally saw a man in half. Anyone want to do the vertical cut one?)

BTW, where'd you get the values for granite? It'd be greatly useful to add to our calculations page, seeing as we don't have any values for granite ATM.

AFAIK, on this site, compressive strength is used for pulverization, while shear strength is used for v. frag.

If a Superhuman was to knock a 300 pound human to the opposite side of a high school with a simple flick of a finger. And let's say the school is like 70,000 square feet in area (1.5 acres+)

Would that be considered a Large Building Level or City Block Level feat? Or something entirely different?

Assume the target is 1.8 m tall. His center of gravity will be at around 0.9 m.
As he falls, we assume his center of gravity falls on the floor as well.

Because of gravity, he will fall by a downward gravity force.
time elapsed on falling = (0.9 m / 0.5 / 9.81)^0.5 ~= 0.428353 s
Assume the target flies over a square field at an area of 70,000 sq ft at its side of 264.5751 ft.
This will make the distance travelled 80.6425 m.
Speed required = 80.6425 / 0.428353 s = 188.2618 m/s
Assume the target has a mass of ~300 lbs or 136.3636 kg
KE transferred into the target = 0.5 (136.3636) (188.2618)^2
~= 2416535 J (Wall Level)
"Not very impressive"

I can do a calc of shattering cinder blocks.

Cinder blocks on average weigh 26-33 lbs, or 11.7934-14.9685 kg. They're usually made out of concrete.

Concrete has a density of 2400 kg/m^3, or 2.4 g/cm^3.

For the low-end of 11.7934 kg, we get a volume of 4913.9166666666666666666666666667 cm^3

For the high-end of 14.9685 kg, we get a volume of 6236.875 cm^3.

Frag energy of concrete is 6 J/cc.

Low-end: 4913.9166666666666666666666666667*6= 29,483.5 joules (Wall level)

High-end:
6236.875*6= 37,421.25 joules (Wall level)

How much energy would somebody need to fire an Energy Laser Beam that can completely VAPORIZE a community with an area just above 10 square miles and a population of over 60,000? To completely engulf the entire area within the fireball of the blast radius? What kind of feat would this be?

Ex: Gaithersburg, Maryland (10.44 sq. mi in Area, population last recorded as 68,710 in 2017)

Arrogant Schmuck said:
Priority: 1

Verse:
N/A (Common feat)

Feat: Ripping a human's jaw off.
I may not be having extensive idle time to properly research on that. Anyone is doing here?

Also can anyone crop the .mil data into a blank calc blog (for the human body parts volume planting feat)? Looks like Non-US people cannot enter that.

OK so I checked a forum and here I found that it takes at least 12 kN to rip heads off.

Would it be possible to figure out pulverization energy of materials by taking the violent fragmentation shard size, then taking something like the size of a grain of sand, then figuring out how many times you'd need to halve the shard size to get to the grain size and THEN multiply the violent frag value by the result? I'm guessing there's no set value for violent frag shards, but if not could you use average boulder (25.6cm) as fragmentation shard? I'm just asking because I noticed it's very difficult to find values for stuff like this, especially for metals.

Punching speed of a typical boxer

https://www.scientificamerican.com/podcast/episode/5538765e-e7f2-99df-393e0a0cd7821157/

Scientific America wrote on June 25, 2007:

Slow motion video found that Hatton could typically generate punch speeds of 25 miles per hour (11.176 m/s), with one blow reaching 32 mph (14.30528 m/s). The best punch speed that one of the researchers could achieve was about 15 miles per hour (6.7056 m/s).

Hope this help for measuring punching speed between normal humans and pro boxers.

May post more about typical attack speed of athletic humans, athletes and armed force officers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back