• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A question about getting a tier from an earthquake

Ogbunabali

VS Battles
Retired
If an earthquake spell destroys structures like this (the walls specifically), is it safe to assume it's magnitude 6-7 on the Richter scale?

And can I use the Radiated Waves from the Earthquake Power Chart to get a tier from it?

It should be about 7 on the Mercalli scale, so if the earthquake spell is used close to the wall than a 6 to 7 on the richter scale seems appropiate.

In that case you can use the radiated waves on the earthquake chart for that.

Well, seeing as we wanted to be a bit more strict with this kinda feats, I should probably add that this is only the case, if the spell is reasonably earthquake like.

Does the spell damage everything in the area or just a few selected targets?

If it damages everything in the area it is probably fine.

If it only harms selected targets I would argue that the shacking is likely more localized and hence not apply the formula.

Well it's a siege spell, so it only damages the walls. Although that might be game mechanics.

It shakes everything on the battlefield with no choice for selecting what gets destroyed, the parts that are destroyed are simply the parts of the structure that get damaged like in any other earthquake.

You can ask some calc group members to comment here via their message walls if you wish.

It seems odd to me that the "earthquake" only destroys a couple of walls sections and everything else appears untouched.

Of course that is likely just game mechanics but that makes it questionable for calcing IMO since it seems focused on just the walls.

Well it's almost certainly game mechanics. Because the game itself doesn't have a lot of aoe damage spells in general. There's only two spells that actually does damage to everyone one the map, Death Ripple and it only does damage to living creatures and Armageddon that does damage to everyone on the map, including your own.

Coupled with the fact that Earthquake is the only spell in the game that does damage to walls, having it deal damage to the enemies as well would've been pretty op.

Back