• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Pyromaniac vs. A Tree

Wouldn't that get smoke and all that stuff and cause the place to be more toxic?

Pyro for the reasons above, it would take forever to burn the entire thing, but it would be effective over time, and his mask protects him from most toxins.

Well he has to burn around 1,000,000,000 tons of wood in order to win.

Also the composite tree is highly resistant to fire (link 1, link 2). So highly resistant that they stay virtually unharmed even if they stand in the center of giant forest fires for days. So Pyro would have to cover each of the 40000 trunks (24352.32t of wood, 115.92 m high, 14.05 m diameter each) with combustive agent.

So if the pyro has a few million tons of combustive agent he might be able to take the tree down. Not voting by the way, since the tree will get some serious durability upgrades in the next time.

Also doesn't SBA make it rain because of the tree? Wouldn't that hinder the flames or is this a case of it rains for one side and not for the other?

Don't forget that the Pyro has a fire starter with the Flare Gun as well as a sort of Explosive with the Detonator and Scorch Shot. Not to mention some of his axes deal even more damage depending on if something is on fire or not.

Akreious said:
Don't forget that the Pyro has a fire starter with the Flare Gun as well as a sort of Explosive with the Detonator and Scorch Shot. Not to mention some of his axes deal even more damage depending on if something is on fire or not.
Sharpened Volcano Fragment :^)

Unite My Rice said:
But Composite Tree's durability is beyond Pyro's AP. :^)
Can confirm; just saw some calcs that put this thing at city block level durability. He has to destroy 40,000 trunks, and their roots too.

TheNeolancer said:
But Tree's AP is 26212500x less than Pyro AT MINIMUM...
Then the tree waits out Pyro until he dies of starvation, then takes the match by default. :^)

He'll get hungry, eat a poisonous fruit (no knoledge via sba), and die. :^)

That's sheer damage, it doesn't negate FIRE. Especially since if it's wet, the Neon Annihilator is able to literally turn things into radioactive ash along with the plogistinator which like said above, turns people into glowing ashes. Wait, there literally is no ashes. They're just gone. At worst, the Pyro keeps lighting stuff on fire with the Sharpened Volcano Fragment (I never thought that'd be useful ever) once he's out of ammo. Now don't get me wrong, but I doubt a tree is able to survive a strike from sharpened rocks from a volcano that's still glowing from heat.... somehow. I don't get how that logic works either but Pyro has many ways to deal with this. Raining? Neon Annihilator and turn bits of each tree into Radioactive ash. It's dry and the tree is somewhat on fire? The Axstinguisher for knocking down whole trees. Larger trees get the Phlogistinator treatment.

Edit: and for those who doubts Pyro's will to burn stuff, you obviously have no seen Pyroland.

Edit Edit: Also Pyro can shoot fire out of his hands. I'm serious. And trees don't really move. And this fireball is more lethal and his flamethrowers. He won't be out of flames anytime soon. He also has the Manmelter which can absorb flames and shoot it out as an explosive.... kinda.

A flamethrower blowing right at a tree in a concentrated area is all that's needed, some axe swings here and there help out too. All in all, I hope there will never be another tree thread again.

Did I miss any votes for the tree?

@Akrei you're voting for Pyro rite

Well duh

(I'm a Pyro Main heheh)

Edit: and Despite the weakness of the axe in-game, the Sharpened Volcano Fragment is still that. A live, glowing fragment from a volcano. No amount of tree resistance is going to help it from that.

@TheNeoLancer it would only be fair, both for the meme's untimely death and if anyone wants to vote for the tree.

In God of War, Kratos is the God Killer, in Saint Seiya, it is Pegasus Seiya, in the DCEU, it is Wonder Woman, but in this wiki, the God Killer is Pyro.

It didn't even pass yet and most of the comments on it are asking and questioning it. Don't celebrate over it (I'm gonna ignore the fact that you said LMAO in 2017).

Back