• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A potential Tier 4 character

The_Foolish_Omniscient_Guy

VS Battles
Retired
I'm doing this thread to justify about a character being in the Tier 4 range. The Light Novel can be found there and the manhua there. Let's begin!

In the Light Novel, the character performed the following feat:

Chapter 195: "While Nie Li was looking at the beauty above, pondering his thoughts, the beauty suddenly opened her eyes. The atmosphere above the Black Spring instantly changed, turning into an endless sea of stars."

As you can see (or read), a character warped a place into a endless sea of stars and the manhua version show this , but there is no evidence that support this "sea of stars" being endless so High 3-A isn't an option. However, the manhua still show the environment of the cave being warped in a "sea of stars" and this is not just removing the ceiling of the cave, the character who performed this feat said here that she and the MC were still in the cave, meaning she really warped the environment as the Light Novel described. Another supporting fact: before entering the cave, the landscape was montainous (Manhua, chapter 222) and we see some panoramas within the cave of a landscape being flat(Manhua, chapter 223.5,224 ,224.5). If the feat was just the ceiling of the cave being removed, we would have seen some mountains or trees at least.

So do you think guys that a calculation for creating this sea of stars can be made?

I suppose Tier 4 seems reasonable, though not familiar with the verse.

As someone that has read only the manhwa I don't think she actually created stars and stuff.

I think this only refers to her creating something that looks like a sea of stars. In other words I think it's a visual effect.

Guess one could get 4-A off that statement, though it wouldn't immediately scale to durability.

@DontTalkDT

Well, when the "pillar of energy"that the MC produced in this cave doesn't seem to reach the ceiling, and this ceiling wasn't that high so i'm pretty sure this wasn't just an optical illusion.

@Wokistan

Why would it not scale to the durability? In Tales of Demons and Gods, durability generally scales to AP.

Just saying, but even we if take the statement absolutely literally... at says specifically that "The atmosphere above the Black Spring" was changed. So taken absolutely literally the volume of the thing she changed is restricted to the athmosphere above the black spring... which is not that large.

DontTalkDT said:
Just saying, but even we if take the statement absolutely literally... at says specifically that "The atmosphere above the Black Spring" was changed. So taken absolutely literally the volume of the thing she changed is restricted to the athmosphere above the black spring... which is not that large.
Well, that's true.

Just spawning stars wouldn't scale to durability unless proven to, or the character takes hits from those of comparable power.

I don't know the verse, but you still gotta prove stuff like that. If it generally happens in the verse it's probably not too hard to find an example of either of those.

The Foolish Omniscient Guy said:
@DontTalkDT
Well, when the "pillar of energy"that the MC produced in this cave doesn't seem to reach the ceiling, and this ceiling wasn't that high so i'm pretty sure this wasn't just an optical illusion.
There is no good scale on the beam and the author doesn't get the height very consistent. Here the ceiling looks easily 20-30m high.

The portrayal in the manhwa does one-to-one with the statement in the light novel, but I guess DT's is one way to look at the feat too, in that she used reality warping to make the environment look like an endless sea of stars.

I'm neutral here.

Since the authenticity of the stars are questionnable, then i suggest a "Possibly" on her profile and all characters that scale to her. How about that?

Depends, where does that current version of her stand in relation to the other characters powerwise?

Her soul is that of a Heavenly Fate rank expert. Several thousand of Legend rank experts attacking a Heavenly Fate ranked demon beast resulted in a rampage for humanity. In the LN, it was also stated that no matter how many Demigod rank (The very peak of Legend rank) experts attack a single Heavenly Fate rank expert, they would not even be a match:

Chapter 258: "The Demon Lord would probably form his first fate soul soon. Inside this Tiny World, any expert who forms a fate soul was extremely powerful. No matter how many Demigod rank experts attack, they would never prove an even match."

So the difference between a Heavenly Fate rank expert and a Legend rank one (who are 7-A via this calculatio) is really huge. In a soul state, this goddess can only intimidate Legend rank expert and can't use her power offensively due to her just being a soul for now.

So in other words the state she currently is in, which caused this phenomenon effortlessly and for no real purpose, is only slightly above Legend Rank, who are by all other feats 7-A.

Then I am even against possibly. Aside from the feat being questionable it wouldn't fit in the verses ranking at all. It would quite likely be an outlier.

Back