• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Pirate vs a Big Chicken: Portgas D. Ace vs Blaziken

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ace is hungry and sees a Blaziken. He decides to kill it to satiate his hunger. Can Blaziken protect himself or will ace butcher him into Pokemon KFC (Kentucky Fried torChic)

Ace's Profile

Blaziken's Profile

Rules:

No Knowledge or preptime for both

Battle takes place in the forest

Speed is equalized

Who Wins and why?

Last edited:
Ace scales to >1.026 Gigatons, while Blaziken is >1.41 Gigatons, so Blaziken has the AP advantage

Both resists each others fire attacks, so Fire doesn't work.

However, Mega Blaziken has passive speed amps with Speed Boost, which would make it faster and faster, and it will eventually be too fast for Ace to deal with

Blaziken also has other ways to both buff it and debuff Ace with various moves

Pretty sure Blaziken takes this pretty handily

what if we remove
Ace scales to >1.026 Gigatons, while Blaziken is >1.41 Gigatons, so Blaziken has the AP advantage

Both resists each others fire attacks, so Fire doesn't work.

However, Mega Blaziken has passive speed amps with Speed Boost, which would make it faster and faster, and it will eventually be too fast for Ace to deal with

Blaziken also has other ways to both buff it and debuff Ace with various moves

Pretty sure Blaziken takes this pretty handily
what if we remove the speed equalization?

Yes. Ghost Pokemon are intangible and they can definitely be hurt by other Pokémon
Really, I don’t see NPI on Blaziken‘s page. I thought that was just gameplay, does it happen in the story as well. And does harming Ghost type Pokémon allows them to harm people with Elemental Intangiblity in specific

found out that if a logia user comes in contact with the element that's part of them. they can merge with it. and it becomes part of them.

so if blaziken generates fire. ace can just merge any fire and steal it from blaziken.

found out that if a logia user comes in contact with the element that's part of them. they can merge with it. and it becomes part of them.

so if blaziken generates fire. ace can just merge any fire and steal it from blaziken.
Then if so, what's Blaziken's wincon? Maybe remove the bloodlust from them

Then if so, what's Blaziken's wincon? Maybe remove the bloodlust from them

okay. also i found out the transformation is not instantaneous. however. since this is in character. blaziken isn't going to go straight at ace. ace however is more intelligent i assume. and probably will just continue to stay in his fire form. so even if blaziken can get past his intagibility. the regen is going to help ace a lot. and since blaze generates fire. ace is going to steal that fire from him.

what i mean transformation not instantaneous. is that logia uses take a few seconds.

someone said on anime forums that logia user kizaru was tagged before he could turn into light and escape.

so a few seconds i assume.

never watched the kizaru arc. with the admirals.

as quoted from that guy

"And for your final point, Enel and Kizaru can travel at very high speeds, probably much faster than any character relying on their legs to travel like Shanks or Mihawk. But they can't necessarily think and react at those speeds, if Enel turns to lightning and shoots over to hit you, but you predict it with your haki and dodge, I don't think he could change course and hit you. As well, the transition from human to light/lightning form is not instantaneous, with Kizaru having repeatedly been stopped once he started trying to beam himself somewhere."

tbh i ain't sure bout this one. It all depends on how we consider logia work. I know a fair bit about one piece (read up and partially watched up to the wano onigashima battle) and i have seen that logias can only be harmed via haki and it is not ghost intagibility it is them literaly turning into flames or light, turning into a material rather than having an intangibility ability. i don't think blaizaken can even harm him in this case...though i am pretty sure extreme heat will do. Does anyone remember what is pokemon fire heat? Cause if it is lower than aces blaizaken's only chance would have been to somehow ko him from the start which is impossible at this point.

Overall: unless we can prove that blaizaken's flames are hotter, this is a stomp.
Macargo would have a big chance tho ngl

Blaziken gets smoked is what I thought reading this. Logia intangibility plus fire absorbtion makes this a non-starter. Looking at Blazikine's profile I am reminded it has Mirror Move. If that copies Haki than Ace's Logia is a non-factor. Blaziken then has the stat advantage, a flurry of stat buffs to go with it, and generally better versatility because pokemon are given all their possible abilities instead of just 4.

So for those reasons Blaziken wins.

i ain't sure if it can copy it but ill stay neutral for now
If blaizaken can copy the haki then i vote for blaizaken, if it can't then it is a stomp in ace's favor

Doubt he can copy Haki and even if he could there's no indication that it'd be stronger than what Ace has dealt with. Jinbe had Haki, and Ace could counteract Jinbe's Haki with his own.

Also hotter fire doesn't circumvent his intangibility, that was actually a mistranslation. The actual statement is "my mamga can consume even your flames" which makes sense as magma can smother and deprive flames of oxygen. Having hotter fire than a Mera-Mera user is good but that doesn't give you the ability to interact with them, and plus Ace's resistance >>>> his flame temperature.

guess it is a stomp. For an actually fair fight id suggest macago who is extremely hot and can use lava and shiz

wait hold the phone doe. One last thing. I can't exactly remember but can Ace use haki in his fire state? Cause fire is useless against fire pokemon (casually swim in boiling lava) and it would depend on what i asked.

wait hold the phone doe. One last thing. I can't exactly remember but can Ace use haki in his fire state? Cause fire is useless against fire pokemon (casually swim in boiling lava) and it would depend on what i asked.
Yeah they can use haki in their fire state.

waaaaait a second i just thought of sth.
Other pokemon who have npi should be able to affect necrozma who is made of light

wut.
I dont remember that and ive seen and read all of ace's interactions and battles. show scans. his profile seems to not have it unless i missed it

i ain't sure if it can copy it but ill stay neutral for now
Can I get a reason?
Ace has resistance to basically what is NPI and negation via Haki.
No he doesn't he has Rudimentary armament haki which does not specify resistance negation. Also Blaziken would be copying that level of haki so he would get any abilities Ace has or doesn't have. I'm not even sure that is remotely applicable just because of how haki is worded right now with NPI. The Jinbei example is poor since he succeded in harminng Ace.

But to which forms of intangibility and to what extent? Ace has Haki, which allows him to stay intangible against people who can interact with him.

Also his fire can affect Jinbe's Buso which is elemental intang negation.

Ace for reasons above, blaziken can't harm him, ace is immune to fire and intangibility renders normal and fighting moves useless. Blaziken isn't immune to fire so ace will just outlast and beat him even when blaziken is constantly getting faster.

Not really, blaziken knows peck and brave bird so he can still harm ace with those he'd probably just run out of TP and or ace outlasts because of superior stamina, although blaziken will definitely put up a good fight.

Not really, blaziken knows peck and brave bird so he can still harm ace with those he'd probably just run out of TP and or ace outlasts because of superior stamina, although blaziken will definitely put up a good fight.
He has no means to overcome his regen, so Blaziken has no actual wincons. Brave Bird ain't gonna do shit for Mid-High regen

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back