• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A pair of emotionless fighters duke it out | Kim Shin V.S. Yu

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Well, Shin is not really emotionless, but extremely inexpressive even when he is clearly feeling something, but oh well.

Kim Shin (Castle)

V.S.

Yu (The Boxer)

This fight will take place within an UFC ring.

RULES:

1. Debut Yu is being used, but we may upgrade it to 22 y/o if it makes for a fairer fight. (I really don't think he'll need it, though)

2. Shin has no weapons.

3. Victory by K.O., incapacitation or death.

4. Standard battle assumptions otherwise.

4894d6c32967c4d1d2db6f19599f28b8.jpg
luz29gm8yoa61.jpg

You can extend the feats section for a brief rundown on him, but some more proiles that may be useful for scaling him, skill-wise:
And he is a very cautious sort of fighter, he almost always starts slow, limiting himself to measure the opponent's reactions and capabilities with a sort of... let's call it "outboxing" style, and the moment he has an opponent figured out or after enough time has passed, he goes all-in with agressive, but still careful attacks, immediately going for disabling the foe with grappling and striking, alternating quickly and violently between the two, and going for the vitals or where he can inflict the most incapacitating wounds possible.

Alright. Might be a bit more even than I thought.

Yu's fighting style is a traditional boxing style that he can adjust to most situations. He doesn't have any form of acrobatics or high-mobility combat like Kim does, but, his skill and his weird reactions that allow him to see things in slow motion allow him to be extremely swift in dodging attacks and the like, which is where he can use his extended reach to his advantage.

Has Kim ever stomped combat geniuses who stomp combat geniuses before? I can give you the full rundown on Yu's skill but that's pretty much the baseline without any elaboration, for now.

Oh yeah, that is sort of the "level" of fighting we can expect of fighters at that class.

Dae-Geon, the least skilled of the two, is known as a man of supreme skill by a dude who had seen fighters and criminals of really high level for more than twenty years, and Woo-Jin is even more extreme, being known as a God of Fighting and a fighting machine on his perfection in form. For more detail, I would recommend checking Dae-Geon's, Woo-Jin's, and Young's profiles' feats section as they have more in-depth skill descriptions of their capabilities.

Not only did Shin skillstomp those guys even when heavily limiting himself, but is still far beyond people who can do the same to them, such as Tae-Jin. I wouldn't say Shin can "stomp" them in skill, as they are still treated seriously, but he is clearly far superior to 'em.

I can already tell that Yu is clearly the superior striker and overall unarmed fighter, with Shin having a clear advantage in, say, mobility and non-conventional fighting (such as using the environment, weapons or if the dynamics change drastically from what constitutes as a usual fight), and I'd argue he is more skilled in MMA-style scenarios of using grappling and with dirty moves being allowed. But, again, I need to reiterate that even if Shin skillstomped combat geniuses several times over, to be blunt, the sort of feat that I see on Yu's profile place him as a solidly better striker on the very least, and has better skill feats on the sense of copying fighting styles, getting movement and rhythm, timing and all that.

Yu has the edge on copying, direct exchanges, rhythm, timing and the "raw" matters of fighting. Shin is a better grappler and user of dirty fighting tactics, acrobatics, LS and is more ruthless. That's my assessment of it, at least!

I think that is generally a fair assessment of the fight.

If the fight takes place within a UCF ring, Yu will have the upper-hand, in my opinion. Kim will be able to use his mobility and acrobatics to his advantage to avoid attacks but in the end a fighting ring is Yu's playground; The moment Kim gets in range he'll have to make distance and by that time Yu would've already closed said distance, Kim is limited by the size of a UFC ring not giving him much room to move around and avoid attacks. Yu's eventually going to get a hit or two in.

I won't vote yet, but I'm definitely leaning towards Yu.

Don't know much, but from the information on this thread, I don't really see Yu losing this.

From what I got, this dude seems to fight carefully to know his opponent and know what their next actions will be, and then going all out.

Which seems really similar to Siha Lee, who stalls the first round to get everything about their opponent from rhythms, attack patterns, timing, blood flow, etc, and that dude straight up said he doesn't stand a chance against that 'monster.' (Monster here being Yu)

Same Liha got shit stomped by Ryu, with Siha not being able to predict or read shit Ryu. Ryu in turn got shit stomped by Yu (Who didn't even know how to box)

That's ignoring the fact that Yu can copy shit wayyyyy too easily, being able to copy Takeda' s fighting style which he practised all his life. Can seemingly copy anything from fighting to games, and managed to shoot someone in both legs despite him seemingly never using a gun.

Yu was already the very incarnation of boxing and he's never actually been taught techniques.

An actual statement from K, btw.

I'll add onto Riki's post soon.

In short, I'll be voting Yu for both my reasons and @Rikimarox2's reasons.

Yu is both an immensely better striker, and has the home-field advantage with the fight taking place within a boxing-ring esque location, meanwhile Kim will be limited in his mobility due to the limited size of a UCF-Ring, forcing him into a game of striking with Yu, something Yu will win in 10 times out of 10 due to vastly superior skill and experience with pure striking and boxing combat, as well as his funny little reactions gimmick allowing him to pretty much bullet-time all of Kim's attacks. And if need be, Yu can simply copy Kim's striking style and vastly improve on it, making Kim's chances of truly defeating Yu with his limited attack options very slim.

Kim's saving grace and probably most important ability in this fight will be his ability to gauge his opponent's strength through Information Analysis, which will possibly allow him to survive longer due to him playing the fight safer than he usually would and allowing him to make better judgements, but in the end, having a gauge on your opponent's strength does not mean much if you do not have the ability to truly actualize any methods of subverting being defeated. So in the end, it can help, but not much, in the long run.

Yu takes this.

Back