• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Can this bullfighter take on a crocodile? - Don Flamenco V.S. Gustav

EliminatorVenom

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
Don Flamenco, having been beaten by Mac and Mr. Sandman repeatedly, dejectedly goes into the underworld ring of fighters, where his skills and immense strength were finally appreciated! He eventually found his way into Russia, and unknowingly wandered into the ring of Russia ballerinos. He was scheduled to fight with Basil, but on the backstage he suffered an... unfortunate accident, and Gustav, the crocodile, took his place!

Don Flamenco (Punch-Out!) - 114kj; Athletic Human LS, possibly higher; Superhuman movement and Subsonic combat & reaction speed, no calc for either, but should be close

V.S.

Gustav (Castle) - a bit above 79kj; At least Peak Human LS; Peak Human movement and Subsonic combat & reaction speed, no calc for either, but should be close

This fight shall take place on Iskra's arena - an octogonal space, a bit wider than UFC's arena. They start at opposite sides.

RULES:
1. Gustav has no weapons with him.

2. Victory by K.O., death or incapacitation.

3. Standard battle assumptions otherwise.

x7sa67beegc51.jpg
8e12FjE.png

Gustav seems to have much better mental and support capabilities (senses, info analysis, pressure points, analytical preditction...) and to be much more focused on the fight, as he not only appears to be used to actual fights to the death instead of purely sport-based bouts, but also be more focused on the fight, while Don Flamenco easily looses his cool and is known to be quite the arrogant show off.

Speaking about skill and glancing to Gustav and Kim Shin's files, I can't make a 100% correct guess, but Gustav doesn't seem to be a slouch at all, and may even have a more complete fighting style, and much more experience in taking on opponents with the purpose of simply killing them and doing anything possible to do so, while Flamenco appears to have many more limits.

I might be confusing the numbers so, while Flamenco holds an AP advantage for sure (calc vs calc) the difference doesn't seem to be too high, about 1.6x, I think, so not enough to turn the tides through brute strength.

For now, I vote Gustav.

Bump.

By the way, seeing as Gustav seems to hold a sizeable skill advantage now that you mention it, do you think that he would be better matched against someone else from Punch-Out?

I mean, I do feel tempted to put him against the stronger ones of the verse, but Mr. Sandman can already beat other fighters far too easily.

Perhaps Little Mac himself, since he is considered weak physically in-universe, relying more on speed and skill to win?

Back