• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A One Piece in-universe battle. Luffy vs Blackbeard

I'm assuming this is pre-Gura Teach. Luffy could actually do a lot of damage, since Teach's fruit increases the pain he feels, but I don't think Luffy can really finish him off, since Blackbeard was able to get back up after taking hits from Whitebeard (although he was injured) as well as Sengoku's Buddha shockwave. He might also be stronger, since he damaged Shanks' face, but we really do not have that much detail as to how he did so, so I don't know if I can use that as an argument.

Another problem Luffy will have is that he is only High 7-A with Gears (except for durability), which require his rubber body (heck, it was even stated that Gear Second would tear his heart to pieces if he wasn't rubber), so if Blackbeard can get a grip on him and nullify his Devil Fruit, he is kind of ******.

Really not. When Teach grabbed Luffy and nulled his powers he was in Gear 2nd and his heart didn't ripped apart.

Also this Luffy would likely counter Kurouzu with Boundman's pseudo flight or just punch him stretching his arms to capitalize distance just like Ace did when Teach almost broke his neck.

With Future Sight this Luffy has a great advantage and I'm inclined to say that he's a better fighter. Teach has good stamina tanking shit from Top Tiers, Luffy did the same (albeit accelerated by steroids) from the Admirals, said drugs have a limit and Luffy sustained more damage than the adrenaline could stand.

Without Gura Fruit, Blackbeard has power null and nothing more because i don't think he's physically comparable and let alone superior to Luffy so he has physical attacks to deal with Luffy while Luffy has a plethora of ways to punch him in the face.

Well, both come from fighting Yonko Commanders, so I don't know if there's that much of a difference in strength, unless we use Teach scarring Shanks as an argument, but I don't know if we can use that, since we never actually see how it happened.

That matters for the argument that Teach isn't something that you should underestimate. We don't know if Shanks was as powerful as he's today back when he fought Teach.

Teach also fought and overpowered Ace, yeah, but I don't think Ace's a physical powerhouse like Marco and Jozu. He barely showed Armament Haki in the novel and while Augur claimed that he's skilled and all that, Luffy's skill is far from that level.

Honestly, I don't see Luffy losing this, but I have doubts.

Not necessarily in physical strength tho. I think they are stronger physically but Ace's fruit grants him a great advantage when it comes to raw power.

Technically, yes and no. You see, Oda has explained after Ace's introduction that Logia's doesn't generate the element but actually they control their bodies with similar effects. Ace's Hiken is literally him enlarging his punch.

So At the same time he's and he's not High 7-A in SS.

It's hard to explain. But I'm not saying he isn't High 7-A physically, it's just that he's nowhere near as strong physically as Jozu and Marco for example.

Wait, so, you're trying to say that he is as stron as Jozu and Marco physically because of his Devil Fruit, but once you nullify his Devil Fruit his stats drop?

That's legit the best I got, I'm actually kind of lost trying to understand what's going on here.

Sorry, I really need to sleep but it doesn't happen yet.

Well kinda. That's more or less the point. Nullifying Logia's power is basically deplete their main fighting style. Some of them are able to keep up even without said abilities, and Ace is a case in middle ground. He's fruit-dependant and without said fruit he'll lost most of his tricks. He doesn't use Armament and apparently doesn't know Observation nor any charavteristic fighting style.

If Luffy starts in base, Teach wins. If he starts in Snakeman the fight will be more intense, Luffy can make a lot of damage in Teach's body with his Black Mamba and combats skills, also Luffy's CoO can antecipates things like kurouzu and black hole, making a good advantage, but, if Teach touchs Luffy, this will be a big problem. Anyway, depends and i think a inconclusive result is better.

Back