• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Monkey's Revenge - Monkey D. Luffy vs Mori Hui

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hui can turn into the Monkey King Mode, which allows him to fly and utilize island wide storms that can produce massive lightning bolts. He also can don the Armoursuits which reduce physical damage taken.

Also this is after a recent revision I did which gives all GoH characters resistance to willpower manip.

Lightnings are useless against Luffy.

Luffy has no combat-applicable Willpower Manipulation.

The only thing that might change the things here is the damage reduction, but considering Luffy's now scaling to 4.5 Teratons instead of 2.5, it would make no big difference in the fight.

Well, Haoshoku Haki wouldn't have work despite the Willpower Resistance of Hui. I still think that Luffy with Gouken would just bypass the Armorsuits and hit Hui internally. Luffy is highly resistance to Lightning.

Hui's flight would definitely be better than Luffy's own given he has spaceflight on his profile. Also for that Immortality, so as long as Mori Jin is alive, then the Hui won't die? That sound more as Reliant Immortality (Immortality Type 8)

Hui can still be destroyed if he takes too much damage. It's more like Hui cant die naturally as long as Jin is alive.

Plus, Hui has control over Yeoui unlike Jin, and can use it to bridge distances or block attacks. For reference, Yeoui is Mori's staff, and it can grow or shrink on command. It also has around 4-C level durability. It also weighs as much as planets, so Liffy isn't picking it up if it's dropped on him.

Other than that, Hui is a lot more calm and level headed compared to Jin. He is also arguably more skilled than the latter at this point in the story.

Wait, in the previous thread there were people scaling Jin's skill to Hui because he was more skilled than Hui. So who's more skilled?

Oh Jin is more skilled later o. But at this point, due to events in the story, Hui is more skilled than Jin. It's brief, but bare with me. This is due to Hui's willingness to use staff based martial arts where the former was reluctant to do so. Hui and Jin share the same memories and experiences but not personality, so Hui is more open and willing to do things Jin doesn't usually do.

I'm sorry, but I fail at understand how being willing to use a staff in a fight equals being more skilled than someone who doesn't. If anything, it'd mean Hui is more battle smart for knowing that using a weapon represents an advantage in a fight.

For the rest, I see no big difference from the previous thread. Luffy's now way stronger (since I don't think the Low 6-B for TGoHS has a calc but powerscaling) than Hui, he can blitz him with Snakeman amps, precog his moves and bypass the Armorsuits with Goken.

I see Hui less versatile than Jin, judging by the profile. Monkey King Mode might close the gap a bit, but he has not any Regenerationn to protect him from Goken or any other severe damage.

Luffy wouldn't get trapped by Yeoui if he can watch the attack seconds before, even more if he notices that he can't lift it nor destroy it. But he might be able to deflect it considering it'd be thrown with a lower AP than his, so either the Goken Forcefields block it, or he just punch it back.

Ever heard of Haki's weakness?

Ever heard of strong willpower?

Ever heard that strong willpower exists in 95% of fictional characters?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back