• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

(A Large Portion of) Everybody Wants to Rule the World RP Thread 6

[Shit better not go down here, I've got a dozen coincidences lined up back on the planet to help me if anyone tries to attack me, none of which are in this void]

[Omni is with us and will most likley not let us do stuff]

[Oh and I may or may not have used a charged Ea]

"It's no problem. We are currently outside all of space and time. When you return, you will be in exactly the place and exactly the time you were in before.]

[also, from Saver's profile, Rank B luck isn't just the "avoiding inevitable outcomes" thing, it makes them lucky enough to for it to function as minor Fate Manip]

[I think you read that wrong] [It's minor fate manipulation because it can change their fates to avoid inevitable outcomes]

[You know how the ring gives you my speed?

So, if i get a faster character, will your speed continue as groudon's, or will it be as fast as the other characters i get?]

Monarch Laciel said:
[I think you read that wrong]
[It's minor fate manipulation because it can change their fates to avoid inevitable outcomes]
[i probably did tbh]

[from that, B Rank luck and higher is actually comparable or even batter than your luck if i understand this correctly]

CrimsonStarFallen said:
[You know how the ring gives you my speed?
So, if i get a faster character, will your speed continue as groudon's, or will it be as fast as the other characters i get?]
[I think it adds Groudon's or your speed to whoever wears it, since it was supposed to double your speed, and it made me as fast as you, so i should be slightly faster than you rn if thats how it works]

[It's better than my luck in very specific circumstances.]

[> My luck -> things that are one in a any-finite-number can happen to benefit me at any point in time]

[> Servant luck -> can stop inevitable outcomes (0% / one-chance-in-infinity), e.g. "a spear that reverses causality to always hit the heart, "a sword that alters fate to guarantee a hit ", but only activates when those outcomes are inevitable in the first place.]

[In other words, Servant luck can avoid things that are guaranteed by fate/causality, but my luck can enable anything that has a chance of happening, no matter how small]

Monarch Laciel said:
[It's better than my luck in very specific circumstances.]
[> My luck -> things that are one in a any-finite-number can happen to benefit me at any point in time]

[> Servant luck -> can stop inevitable outcomes (0% / one-chance-in-infinity), e.g. "a spear that reverses causality to always hit the heart, "a sword that alters fate to guarantee a hit ", but only activates when those outcomes are inevitable in the first place.]
[so Saver and every other servant with B or higher rank luck having Supernatural Luck listed as a power is just bs?]

[Well, it's technically a luck stat, so it's correct, it just doesn't work the same way most applications of supernatural luck do]

[well, iirc, going from, say, C to B in a stat is a 10x boost

you can't really quantify luck, but having your luck become obscenely situational and completely useless outside of those situations doesn't seem like an upgrade]

[It doesn't "become" obscenely situation and completely useless outside of those situations, it goes from being nothing but an abstract marker to something that can get you out of the worst possible situation to be in]

Monarch Laciel said:
[It doesn't "become" obscenely situation and completely useless outside of those situations, it goes from being nothing but an abstract marker to something that can get you out of the worst possible situation to be in]
[i think i'm stroking out or something

from what i can tell, you keep going back and forth between "It's now just the minor fate manip" to "the luck is still a thing but is just the minor fate manip"]

[VS Battle Wiki lists it as Supernatural Luck, because it is a Luck Stat, not because coincidences just go in their favour. It's functionality is that it gives minor fate manipulation]

Monarch Laciel said:
[VS Battle Wiki lists it as Supernatural Luck, because it is a Luck Stat, not because coincidences just go in their favour. It's functionality is that it gives minor fate manipulation]
[this seems like JoJo stats all over again

it doesn't really even help that much, since Gae Bolg goes from "lolded" to "lolyourveinsarefullofthornbutthespeardidn'tdirectlykillyou"]

[@Blah

are you gonna be on to kinda work with the "entirity of France is now a pocket dimensions full of Madoka Magica Witches" thing while me and Smashor basically fight through it?]

Hl3 or bust said:
Christian Higdon said:
[Well, great. What do i do now? Just exist?]
[maybe roar enough for RR to realize he can translate your stuff?]
[Forgot there. Have this before i leave AGAIN.]

Kabus was mighty pished, so he was mostly cursing...in monster language, but still...

[Yobbo plz]

[Don't gather the group together like this and stop us doing anything if you're going to vanish, do it when you have time to do stuff]

Back