• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A few new things with recent Future Trunks

Things that need to be added:

He can go ssj2 now

Dabura's stone spit can be blocked by Trunks' hands (this is a downgrade to his ability)

Killed Dabura

His Tier should be 4-B now

Did not watch the subbed version yet so there may be other things to add

Why is Trunks likely 4-B? He beat Dabura, who was scaled to the level of Super Perfect Cell. I feel there's a fine line between being cautious and being stubborn. No offense to the staff, of course.

He's a SSJ2, should be comparable to SSJ2 Gohan. But who knows.

Dabura was scaled to base Perfect Cell, not SPC.

Well, pushed back SSJ2 Goku

And (don't misunderstand what I'm about to say) SSJ3 Goku SIGHLY struggled while stopping Trunks' attack (I mean, if they were equals, then SSJ3 Goku is only 4 times stronger, so if he was holding back a little bit...)

Okay, here's my two cents...

Beerus, when evaluating Goku, concluded that he didn't think his base form was strong enough to take out Frieza. This is speculation, but it sounds like base form Goku never rose above Frieza's maximum power before he started training. And keep in mind Goku didn't train in the months after Buu was defeated because Chi-Chi made him get a job. So, it's safe to assume Super Goku's base power level is set to that of Buu Saga Goku's base power. And we all know SSJ2 Goku was stronger than Dabura AND Gohan, perhaps on the level of SPC, and if he wasn't, then it would be comparable to a 7 or 8 on a scale of 1 to 10, meaning he would be very close to SPC's level if not a tiny bit above it. Now, there's nothing to suggest that without the God Ki Goku got any stronger in Super. Super Saiyan God, Super Saiyan Blue, SSBK, all those are WITH the God Ki. In his base forms, he's as strong as he was in the Buu Saga. And Trunks fought him damn near evenly when he was a Super Saiyan 2; in fact, an argument could even be made that he was overwhelming him, and it was only when Goku went Super Saiyan 3 that Trunks was held back. So, in conclusion, I would say that Future Trunks is so close to the level of SPC that it's inconsequential. Even if he's not stronger than him, on a scale of 1 to 100, he would be within the 90% range, so 4-B is entirely logical.

But that's just my take on it.

In the recent episodes of dbs, goku was able to fight beerus in his base form, which shows that goku is at least as strong as ssg.

Goku trained 3 years with Vegeta

Also, Copy Vegeta casually stomped SSJ3 Gotenks, and Base Goku fought equally with Base Copy Vegeta

(Also, I know that this would be offtopic, but can maybe Gohan get an upgrade? He one shotted Tagoama, who survived a headbutt from SSJ Gotenks and took hits from Casual Frieza)

Dabura = Perfect Cell > SPC > SSJ2 Gohan > SSJ2 Goku

Future Trunks is 4-B. There are way too many contradictions to take Goku being 3-B at base at face value, so don't bother with that.

I agree with Prom. I think it's safe to just give him a solid 4-B tier rather than putting something like Likely 4-B instead....

The "Likely" was placed there due to struggling with Dabura, who is below the 4-B level. However, Trunks has likely grown stronger since then.

Ant to be kind of fair, it's been a long time since we last saw Future Trucks. Maybe he could have gotten powerful enough to be a solid 4-B (even if he were just on the very low ends of it, but still).

Yes, but that is why the "Likely" is there.

Well to be fair, we didn't see the electricity aura around trunks during the flashback. So it's safe to assume that he needed regular ssj to beat dabura.

^Not all the time, sometimes they just don't bother animating the lightning aura at all, which in DB Super would not surprise me in the least

Well in the original dbz anime, they always showed the lightning aura, so I don't see any reason to why they won't do that in dbs.

Nope, theres a few scenes where they skip it. there was only one brief scene in vegeta's fight with kid buu showing it, and whether you think gohan was using SSJ2 against Dabura also had no lightning. and in Movie 10 they didn't use lightning for gohans aura, so yeah.

Look, even if you can't scale base Goku to 3-C (because it makes no sense), he IS still superior to SSJ3 Gotenks, who is easily stronger than Dabura, and that's simply in base. And while it may be very subjective, I think SSJ2 Trunks was overwhelming SSJ2 Goku. Likewise, claiming Trunks was struggling against Dabura is also subjective. And even if you want to ignore Goku's training for three years in the Hyperbolic Time Chamber and scale him to his power level from the Buu Saga, Buu Saga Goku was clearly superior to Dabura as a Super Saiyan 2, which Future Trunks is equal to as a Super Saiyan 2 at the very least. If you guys wanna wait to see more of Super before proceeding any further, I can understand why you're holding off upgrading him to a solid 4-B (the same way it tooks months of debate and analysis to scale Beerus and Whis from 3-C up to 3-A), but in my personal opinion, Future Trunks is already 4-B on the level of or past SPC.

Well, you do have a point about the upward scaling from SS3 Gotenks.

Back