• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A DIfferent Explanation on How King Crimson Works

Duedate8898

They/Them
VS Battles
Thread Moderator
After a lot of time and thought, I propose a different way by which King Crimson functions that is far more simple and I feel makes a lot more sense than the currently accepted explanation. It goes as this:

Epitaph projects what's going to happen and then King Crimson forces everyone involved to act out Epitaph's predictions while allowing for Diavolo to move freely and outside of these predictions. While in this state, Diavolo is also incapable of interacting with the physical world, hence why he can not take any damage. Once the actions are acted, King Crimson makes it so that no one can remember what occurred between activation and deactivation.

Time itself is never erased, and this can be seen by the fact that near the end of Doppio's fight with Risotto that it showed him being shot in "erased" time and the effect remaining even after the bullets hit. This can also be seen by the fact that blood leaves tracks in erased time. If those moments never existed, then after the activation and deactivation of king crimson there would simply be two spots of blood. One where the blood started and the other where the blood ended.

No. You are implying Fate/Probability & Mind Manipulation, which is never established, and your evidence for us to ignore the established and demonstrated Time Manipulation is vastly insufficient.

Eficiente said:
No. You are implying Fate/Probability & Mind Manipulation, which is never established, and your evidence for us to ignore the established and demonstrated Time Manipulation is vastly insufficient.
Actually, fate/probability & Mind manipulation is established. With the fate/ probability manipulation, a key part of Diavolo's character is all about how he feels that fate is on his side and that he feels that fate is testing him. This is even more heavily reinforced once the final arc occurs, which has Scolippi referring to everyone as slaves of fate or sleeping slaves and after Mista pulls his bullshit, Scolippi talks about how these sleeping slaves might one day awaken and fulfill a purpose. This is seen when Giorno acquires GER and becomes able to neutralize the ability of King Crimson, showing that he has awakened in a sense. This all helps to support what I propose. And King Crimson time manipulation ability might look like he's erasing time, but the fact that people and objects still exist and move within what is seemingly erased time doesn't support this at all. And though everyone refers to it as time erasing, this would not be the first time that a stand ability isn't properly interpreted by the characters of the universe.

You don't need to quote a comment when it's the only one in a thread you know. Diavolo feels fate on his side because he is insane, just like Kira feels luck on his side. The other thing you mentioned is completely unrelated to Diavolo's powers, being a fate in a verse doesn't suddenly makes a character's powers related to that.

>This all helps to support what I propose

Dude, you didn't even prove anyone controlling fate/probability & the minds of everyone, you just said that one thing was related to the character and that fate is a thing in JoJo.

>And King Crimson time manipulation ability might look like he's erasing time, but the fact that people and objects still exist and move within what is seemingly erased time doesn't support this at all

Just because it doesn't work as you like doesn't mean that you can ignore everything established and make up new stuff out of nothing.

>And though everyone refers to it as time erasing

Including WoG and its Stand descriptio.

>this would not be the first time that a stand ability isn't properly interpreted by the characters of the universe.

If this is an argument then I will also mention that all the villains post DIO had time related abilities. You may also believe that Jotaro & DIO's time stop is just them slowing down time because lol it makes more sense.

I'll put this matter to rest if you can show me when Araki spoke of King Crimson that supports the current explanation.

The reason as to why I want to see Araki speaking about it, is because WoG automatically makes anything I have that goes against it invalid. And what do you mean by stand by the same points?

WoG is vastly less trustworthy than what the original source says, and the original source says its time erasure.

>what do you mean by stand by the same points?

You argued stuff, I argued against it. If you still believe in your points you aren't giving the reasons for it.

Firstly, why even mention WoG if it's not trustworthy and how can it be less trustworthy than the original material. It's their creation, they determine the truth no matter what even if it contradicts what occurs.

Secondly, all the other time manipulating main Jojo villain's stands leave little up in the air in regards to how they function. Nothing ever really contradicts Dio's time stop, except for the fact that both him and Jotaro are moving which can simply just be them being immune to their own stopped time. Kira's Bites the Dust never had any contradictions to it, and Pucci's Made in Heaven never had any contradictions to it either. King Crimson, on the other hand, really doesn't hold up too well under scrutiny. You can't remove a cause without modifying the effect, because the effect is created by the cause. This is seen through how the none living world is affected, tracks remain after being created, blood creates tracks, blood can be thrown into the eyes of your enemies, and Buccellati's zippers still zip.

But if it does as I proposed, then everything functions without little issue or contradictions.

You lack any substantial evidence for what you are proposing, I recommend you stop.

The evidence is:

1. No one, but Diavolo is able to control themselves within the "erased" time

2.No one, but Diavolo is able to recall what occurred within the "erased" time

3.The predictions Diavolo make only lose their fallibility when GER is involved, other than that they go exactly as predicted.

4. Diavolo is never himself harmed or even touched by other's while in his "erased" time

5. Things that occur within the "erased" time still remain afterward.

This supports what I proposed, and the last point doesn't support the currently accepted reasoning.

Back