• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Demon Hunter v.s A Mouse wields a keyblade

A little bit above baseline then, he gets one shoted and this attack reflection bypassed.

Also, all of his arguments have been rebuted by others already.

And lastly, this was already added and nothing new is being bringged to the table, should we continue or get it closed?

@Bobsican

Lol, no.which specific argument?Because if all of their arguments rendered Dante votes nulled then everyone would've either switched to Mickey or agreed that Dante's votes are invalid.

Also, I already addressed Mickey's AP (that exact post you reposted), it isn't enough and hes still one shotted

Uhhh

Grace was over 3 Days ago

And the debate continues since and most arguments were contested anyway

"And I pointed out that Reflega has worked on opponent's with higher or similar AP to the user.

Also, by saying that, do you mean to say that you dismissed ALL of the arguments, Schee One? I hadn't even posted about the issue of sealing's range vs movement speed in the thread yet, nor about how Dante's Sealing may have been amped by Trish giving Dante her powers. Retconned by DMC5, I used the same argument before for another topic but Dante's sealing was retconned to be via Sparda's power."- Imaginym

Trish's power having a part in sealing was retconned by DMC5, I used the same argument before for another topic but Dante's sealing was retconned to be via Sparda's power.

Dante wasn't voted for Via AP against type 8 immortality.He was voted for because he could AP smack Mickey which means Mickey then revives or is unaffected or whatever due to type 8 Immo and then Dante goes for sealing.

Also you fail to mention that Dante himself has myriad of ways of slowing Mickey and outright stopping him (via time stop).Your points rely on Dante not reacting to Mickey for some reason.

Thank you for re-opening, @Schnee One.

What is the range of Dante's Time Stop? How long does it last? How is it activated?

Under what circumstances does he use Sealing? Has he used it on anyone but Mundus, who was a demon from a demon world that he used the sealing to send Mundus back to the Demon World via, and Mundus was a demon who had caused him trouble numerous times in the past? Hadn't that been after a long & grievous battle?

Which ways of slowing him down? Are they the same range as his projectiles/energy attacks? When does he use them?

There's also the problem of Mickey's in a worse position than Dante: Dante can't kill Mickey because Immortality/Regenerationn/Precognition/Duplication/Teleportation/better range/skill.

But Mickey can barely hurt Dante, & each attack from Dante hits him much worse than Mickey's do to Dante; Why would HE be less likely to go for something like his Existence Erasure first?

Which he'd be in range to do with his paintbrush if Dante is sword-fighting.

In a gun fight, Mickey could be inclined to dodge & stay back using magic/telekinesis, where he has the range advantage by far. In fact, if Mickey were in a ranged fight, he could use his telekinesis on Dante's projectiles while casting magic. Like, for example, Dante's bullets he uses for sealing.

Are Dante's bullets & guns as durable as he is?

Can Dante use his TK AND fire both at once while dealing with magic?

Besides that, wouldn't he be more likely to be using his sword than his guns in close range, where Mickey's paint-brush can one-shot him?

Also, what's Dante's answer to being forced to float via Gravity Manipulation forcing him to float? Or Broadway Force?

There's Mickey's Statistics Amplification, which I'm unclear on the workings of due to language.

Also, I wonder how Dante's guns/bullets would work if brought to life & Morality Manip'd or Jedi Mind Tricked. Heck, do they function if petrified?

Also, is Dante going to be using his senses when his opponent is right in front of him? What if he'd blinded? Why would his senses work on things stopped in time, if they're even in his range?

>What is the range of Dante's Time Stop? How long does it last? How is it activated?

It is assumed every time stop is universal as per standars IIRC unless shown otherwise. Unknown, with game mechanichs I could keep it all day. Though based.

>Under what circumstances does he use Sealing?

Against a being who he can't kill on his own, exactly like Mundus and Mickey who will just come back after being smacked around. There wasn't a rilvary before, I even doubt Dante knew Mundus destroyed his family past the encounter with Trish and in the final battle everyone thought he was dead.

>Which ways of slowing him down?

Quicksilver, one of his styles from younger years, works on thought and some could arguee its a time stop too. He did it for the lolz when he got it.

>There's also the problem of Mickey's in a worse position than Dante

The only things that pose a treat are his type 8, regen (that is moot thanks to LOLAP!), and probably range.

>But Mickey can barely hurt Dante, & each attack from Dante hits him much worse than Mickey's do to Dante; Why would HE be less likely to go for something like his Existence Erasure first?

With the AP gap mickey will become less than mush in the first hit and if he tries to parry/stop one attack his arms will get destroyed and maybe the paint brush as well

>In a gun fight, Mickey could be inclined to dodge & stay back using magic/telekinesis,

Dante in this form can summon a dragon that literally destroys Mundus forcefield and rekts him, Mickey isn't going to stop that, and on top of having a lot of more ranged weapons that are actually amped to his level means Mickey will get bombarded if he tries to play long range.

>Are Dante's bullets & guns as durable as he is?

He can amp his weapons to his level

>Can Dante use his TK AND fire both at once while dealing with magic?

Already done something like it, for the lolz but he doesn't need to when he can literally destroy mickey with one swing.

>Besides that, wouldn't he be more likely to be using his sword than his guns in close range, where Mickey's paint-brush can one-shot him?

In short combat, which he preffers, Mickey will get destroyed and the paint brush will get destroyed too and with that he loses the EE.

>Also, what's Dante's answer to being forced to float via Gravity Manipulation forcing him to float?

FLY

>Or Broadway Force?

Dunno, how it works?

>There's Mickey's Statistics Amplification, which I'm unclear on the workings of due to language.

How big? Big enough to overcome the AP gap?

>Also, I wonder how Dante's guns/bullets would work if brought to life & Morality Manip'd or Jedi Mind Tricked. Heck, do they function if petrified?

Dante resist mind manip, I dunno if you can mind manip bullets tho. Dante resist petrification.

>Also, is Dante going to be using his senses when his opponent is right in front of him? What if he'd blinded? Why would his senses work on things stopped in time, if they're even in his range?

If the oponent is in front of him then he swings and done, if he is blinded he has extrasensory perception to deal with it. He resist time stop, range is universal as per standars IIRC unless shown otherwise.

Now, why was this opened again?

@Imaginym

Imma keep this brief.

Universal range, dependant on his DT so a long time, instant

When his opponent can't be killed or he's out of options.He used Sealing on Mundus and BFR on Arkham, Mundus wouldn't die and relied on Dante being weaker in the human world (this weakness doesn't exist anymore) so Dante had to use sealing them.Arkham was stronger than both Dante and Vergil so Dante used BFR then, functionally the same but people consider them seperate abilities for reason.

Time stop, Time slow (instant, universal), Doppelganger(self-explanatory, is a perfect copy of Dante), Aura (would essentially be ""killing"" (I know type 8 immortality) Mickey once in range), AOE (for the same reason as Aura) and telekinesis if he wants although it's OOC.

Skill is arguable, range isn't important since Schnee already said Mickey doesn't snipe in character and it's not like they won't be able to hit each other at the start of the battle, Regneration and immortality doesn't matter with sealing and it's the exact reason why Dante would go for sealing so it isn't a plus please stop mentioning it when it keeps getting shot down and Duplication and teleportion gets easily countered by Dante's own.

Because it's OOC for him normally and he doesn't know Dante resists a bunch of moves so he's likely to try to use more common in character hax first.

They both are in a range that they both can hit each other and Dante can you know, move/time slow/stop time.

Not with Dante's lifting strength being higher and time stop and blah blah blah

they are infused with his magic so most likely

yes

depends, he can use guns at close or long range.And once again, Dante would go for sealing after not being able to kill Mickey once.

they are infused with his energy so they probably won't work

he can fight in comeplete darkness and can naturally sense opponents.Dante can move in stop time so yes.

(please don't ask indepth questions on each of the abilities I mentioned, just look them up on the DMC wiki)

Imaginym said:
Also, what's Dante's answer to being forced to float via Gravity Manipulation forcing him to float? Or Broadway Force?
Broadway Force was already stated above to not work.Toon Force is a form of Reality Warping and Broadway force is a subset of that, Dante resists reality warping.Gravity Manipulation and TK are countered by lifting strength which Dante is higher than Mickey in, also he would just fly tbh.

"It is assumed every time stop is universal as per standars IIRC unless shown otherwise. Unknown, with game mechanichs I could keep it all day. Though based."

There are NO visual indicators for what entities Time Stop is affecting, nor where it is active in gameplay?

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/3293424#20

So the scaling chain goes?: Qliphoth passively fused Demon & Human world which are 3-A together. Demon God separated the worlds (Did Qliphoth try to stop this with its own power at the time?). Mundus ate the Fruit and killed the Demon God. (How did this fight go? Was there effort from either side?). Sparda Devil Trigger Dante beats Mundus with great effort, & ultimately Seals rather than kills.

"When his opponent can't be killed or he's out of options.He used Sealing on Mundus and BFR on Arkham, Mundus wouldn't die and relied on Dante being weaker in the human world (this weakness doesn't exist anymore) so Dante had to use sealing them.Arkham was stronger than both Dante and Vergil so Dante used BFR then, functionally the same but people consider them seperate abilities for reason."

Didn't Mundus's fight take a great deal of time and effort on Dante's efforts before he resorted to Sealing instead of trying to kill? Heck, what stops him thinking he can get Mickey to stay down by exhausting him or "maybe he can only come back so many times"?

"Because it's OOC for him normally and he doesn't know Dante resists a bunch of moves so he's likely to try to use more common in character hax first."

And Dante fought Mundus prolongedly before trying to Seal him,

What are the conditions for use of Doppelganger? How many clones can he make? Also, do you mean THIS Doppelganger? https://devilmaycry.fandom.com/wiki/Doppelganger

"Skill is arguable, range isn't important since Schnee already said Mickey doesn't snipe in character and it's not like they won't be able to hit each other at the start of the battle, "

Okay, let's argue skill. Mickey is a Jedi Master, has all of his Epic Mickey Experience, all of his cartoon & other media experience, & in Kingdom Hearts alone, is a True Keyblade Master who has been fighting off Organization XIII, hoardes of Heartless, Nobodies, likely Unversed, and other evils (Including in the Realm of Darkness, where Heartless are more numerous and at their strongest.), for nearly 12 years. Precognition also helps give him an edge in combat.

The Star Wars Wiki's page says about him:

Mouse, being a Jedi Master,[2 showed exceptional skills and devotion to the Force, as well as great talent in lightsaber combat.[7] In spite of his small stature, he was powerful.[2] He was also a capable pilot, as he could fly an Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor.[12]] [2] showed exceptional skills and devotion to the Force, as well as great talent in lightsaber combat.[7] In spite of his small stature, he was powerful.[2] He was also a capable pilot, as he could fly an Eta-2 Actis-class interceptor.[12]

Mickey might not "snipe", but dodging, staying out of range of your opponent's attacks, and using your ranged attacks is a very simple tactic, & Mickey has used his ranged attacks to fight. (Also, I'm unsure what Schnee's basis for that claim of not using ranged attacks to fight is.)

"Duplication and teleportion gets easily countered by Dante's own."

https://orig14.deviantart.net/f7c1/f/2016/169/7/c/mickeymultiplies_by_doctorworm1987-da6pumn.gif

Has Dante ever made an army of clones of himself in seconds? Also, his Teleportation has shorter range.

"Dante resist mind manip, I dunno if you can mind manip bullets tho. Dante resist petrification."

I wasn't saying petrify Dante. I was saying petrify his guns. Alternatively, bring them to life, command them like he did with brooms, & tell Dante's guns to shoot him and Mickey has done things like tell inanimate objects to do work for him.

"In short combat, which he preffers, Mickey will get destroyed and the paint brush will get destroyed too and with that he loses the EE."

And then Mickey dodges or comes back to life after Dante thinks he's dead, pulls the paint brush out of his pants anew with Hammerspace & smacks again.

And yes, Dante CAN shoot his Sealing bullets, but Mickey move further than Dante's range with them than in 1 second, as well as teleport slightly over 100 times their range. If Dante's guns are working, they're not likely to hit.

There's also the matter of Mickey possibly Time Travelling to get rid of Dante in the past, given he has the Electro Box, but I'd say that's OoC.

Regarding the dragon: How big? How is it summoned? I already tried looking it up on the DMC Wiki.

@Imaginym

Final reply.

Universal.That's it.

Qliphoth is a demonic tree that creates the Fruit, the Fruit, when eaten, gives a demon a massive boost of power. We don't know how Mundus vs Demon God went down.The important part of the scaling was to show how fodder are already above baseline 3-A.Demon God and the Qliphoth are fodder.Sparda didn't have trouble again'st Mundus, infact Sparda is a beast, he himself single handly went against the entire Mundus and the entire demon world and is implied to stomp them.Sparda is strong.

Dante was superior to Mundus and thought he killed Mundus in his pocket dimension so he didn't see a reason to seal Mundus so Dante returned to Mallet Island and was about to leave when Mundus opened a portal to the Human World and took advantage of Dante being tired and weaker in the Human World (retconned weakness) so Dante had no choice but to seal him.

^

Nothing, instant.1 clone.Kinda, Dante absorbs Doppelganger which allowed him to create a perfect clone of himself.

Dante is supernaturally gifted at fighting all mannered of beings.Fought constantly since his pre-teens, constantly faces beings with 1000+ years experience above him and defeats them, can defeat creatures who are made from his families battle data in his he early teens,can fight creatures who mimic his entire moveset, can use any weapon he picks up to perfection, knowledgeble about nearly everything demon related, etc.

something Dante can do aswell.

Nope, impressive but requires Dante to do nothing in order to happen, timestop deals with this easily.Dante's teleportation is interdimensional.

won't work.Dante's guns are infused with his magic

lol what, Dante is gonna allow that to happen and he would see Mickey regenerate so it would be obvious he isn't dead.

No, Dante has superior teleportation range.And can literally do the exact same thing except with time stop plus sealing

The Dragon is larger than Dante and Mickey and is about a 15-20 meters long.

Most if not all of your points rely on Dante not responding or countering Mickey and Mickey just using "X" to win.Mickey could probably 2/10 matches and that's only if Dante acts stupid or doesn't act at all, which he more than likely won't considering DMC1 Dante is serious.Please stop saying Mickey will possibly doing this or that without acknowledging what Dante will do as a response.This is my final post about this match up.

@Dienomite22: Sorry to have been so unpleasant you're unwilling to continue this debate. If you do decide to return, or someone else wishes to debate in your place, however....

Why didn't Dante just Seal Mundus when he proved a challenge and was already giving a lengthy battle, then? BEFORE he went to Mallet Island? Why let the fight be prolonged & just kick him out of his pocket dimension with Sealing sooner?

I'd say Dante's threshold to resort to sealing isn't so short.

"constantly faces beings with 1000+ years experience above him and defeats them"

Who/What are these beings and are these years combat experience?

"something Dante can do aswell."

"Nope, impressive but requires Dante to do nothing in order to happen, timestop deals with this easily.Dante's teleportation is interdimensional."

I'm not sure what you're referring to here, in either of those cases, sorry to say.

"No, Dante has superior teleportation range.And can literally do the exact same thing except with time stop plus sealing"

How do you figure? From Dante's own page:

Varies from extended melee range to tens of kilometers with projectiles and energy attacks, Interdimensional with Alastor (Alastor was able to sense Nero Angelo's presence despite him being in the mirror dimension) and Dimensional Travel

"Dante is gonna allow that to happen and he would see Mickey regenerate so it would be obvious he isn't dead."

Unless he's A. Preoccupied dealing with other attacks or spells (Such as Magnega, summons, life manipulated objects, or clones, which function independently.) B. Already convinced Mickey's dead because he just sliced him to mince meat or turned him to mush; Wouldn't a reasonable opponent think their opponent is thoroughly dead and leave?

And also when has he used both Time Stop AND Sealing both at once?

He can't kill Mickey through brute force, so ONLY Time Stopping only keeps Mickey dead as long as time is stopped, & there's several ways to dodge the bullets if it isn't, such as teleporting.

In any case, thank you for what debate you've provided so far. It's been engaging.

@Imaginym

You aren't unpleasant, I am just trying to avoid getting too into this discussion since I want to work on GoH profiles.I don't want you to feel like you've did something wrong because you didn't.I'll address only a few points of yours and then I'm done.

"Who/What are these beings and are these years combat experience?"

Mundus , nearly demon in DMC, most bosses from the dmc3 manga, dmc3 and dmc1.

"I'm not sure what you're referring to here, in either of those cases, sorry to say."

were in response to this:

Mickey might not "snipe", but dodging, staying out of range of your opponent's attacks, and using your ranged attacks is a very simple tactic, & Mickey has used his ranged attacks to fight. (Also, I'm unsure what Schnee's basis for that claim of not using ranged attacks to fight is.)

"Duplication and teleportion gets easily countered by Dante's own."

https://orig14.deviantart.net/f7c1/f/2016/169/7/c/mickeymultiplies_by_doctorworm1987-da6pumn.gif

Has Dante ever made an army of clones of himself in seconds? Also, his Teleportation has shorter range.

"How do you figure? " (about Dante's teleportation range being better)

Dimensional Travel is the ability to move through alternate universes (or "dimensions"), crossing over across different planes of existence to reach other, far-off locations. This is rarely an ability on its own, often being achieved through other means such as Teleportation used to teleport into other universes, and Portal Creation used to open doorways into these universes.

@Dienomite22: Thank you for that consolation. I'm glad we're able to be formal despite our differing positions on this debate. (Also, while I'm not entirely convinced enough to change my stance, supposing Dante does get this win, I'll offer my congratulations to another win on Dante's profile, & the first match result on Composite Mickey's profile. For these versions of their profiles, anyway.)

Regarding his Dimensional Travel:

"Dante has dimensional travel and Royal Guard/His own attack reflection to deal with Relfega. Even if he's sealed he'll just come back because he just rips through dimensions to do so, or the bullet gets ponged between the two of them with their respective attack reflections."

It sounds like Dante's Dimensional Travel is achieved by tearing open holes in the dimension, or destroying it. How does he know where he's returning to in this dimension? Where is Alastor at this time? It's not in his Standard Equipment.

"Who/What are these beings and are these years combat experience?"

Mundus , nearly demon in DMC, most bosses from the dmc3 manga, dmc3 and dmc1.

(I believe you forgot a word near "nearly".) Also, isn't Dante vastly superior, in statistics especially, when he fights them, Mundus & bosses (presumably) aside? And are their 1000+ years combat experience?

(I also don't know DMC well, so I'm not sure how... I presume you mean "nearly every" demon has 1000+ years of experience.)

All the post had been refuted and there is nothing to contest, but if you want to keep beating a dead horse then go ahead.

┬┐Cómo es el dicho? ┬┐Solo son los pataleos de un muerto? Algo as├¡.

Back